Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 17 Day Diet

Anyone have success with The 17 Day Diet?

I started it on Sunday and have lost 9lbs… in 4 days. Basically you eat unlimited veggies (except starchy ones) and lean Proteins (chicken/fish). Two fruit servings a day, none after 2pm. Two Probiotics (yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi), green tea 3x a day, and lots of Water. Cycle 2 adds more foods, then Cycle 3, etc… It was featured on Dr. Phil and The Doctors.

Of course most of the weight I’ve lost so far is water weight, but it’s still nice to see gone! 9lbs is heavy. My weight in my signature is not accurate. I’m currently 153 and had been at 162. I started gaining weight at the beginning of the year because of starting birth control (made me ravenous) and taking on extra responsibilities at work (stress/emotional eater). So since January, I’ve put on 10lbs. Not horrible, but when you had just lost 111lbs and feel great, it’s a shitty feeling. I’ve been feeling really down on myself and pudgy. I was healthy, had energy, was confident…. and then I let it kind of slip away.

Several times I had tried to get on track, but failed. During my periods of weight loss, I could be very strict, but I had to be in that mental place. Because I’ve been so busy, I couldn’t get there. The person whose job I took over (in addition to working my own) is finally coming back on Monday, so I can focus a little more. Since I started the diet, I have been extremely strict – even cut out coffee.< /p>

So at this point, I’m all good. Not even hungry! So I’m looking forward to continuing to lose weight. I’d like to get down to 130 or so, but we’ll see. Everyone fusses at me when I say that because I don’t look like I should lose another 23lbs, lol.

Both my mom and sister have done this diet and it worked well for them. Looks like it’s working well for me, too!

I've been in the same boat - I had cancer in 2010 and got down to 130 and was really skinny, but I confess, I loved it. Had treatment, got better, and managed to keep the weight down. But I kind of let it go - I'm sure some of it just has to do with being healthy and completely better again, but truth is, I did stop being so strict. And hello 12 lb.

I'm still only a BMI of 21. But I feel absolutely horrible and it has thrown me into obsession with food. Which leads to overeating for me. The stricter I try to be, the worse I get.

I'm sooooo tempted to do something like this, but I fear the backlash if I don't stick to it!

In truth, I know for me, if I say to mysql "ok, I'm a healthy weight, I'm not going to try to lose" then I will probably stop eating crap and lose weight. I just need to accept that the super hot jeans that fit me at 130 just aren't my regular size and trying to stay in them sans muffin top is unrealistic! Perhaps I'll go jeans shopping tonight after work. Or perhaps I'll buy the 17 day diet book, lol. Hmmmm....

I'm the same. I'm 2kg heavier thanI was and I hate it. I keep looking at all the diet books in the stores and thinking maybe I should try

Sugar Busters

17 Day diet

Dukan

No wheat

Fat Flush

No food etc etc

I'm sure that was what i did preband and it never helped me then so I'm not sure why it should now.

Realistically i know that I need to cut back on snacking and if I do snack stick to fruit or veggies or basically anything other than Cookies or chocolate! And the other thing I need to do is move more.

That diet sounds like phase 2 of Atkins

That diet sounds like phase 2 of Atkins

It's definitely low carb at this point, only getting it from fruits. The next phase in THIS diet introduces some healthy carbs/grains, like brown rice, quinoa, Beans, and starchy veggies (corn, potatoes). Also more meat choices - steak, pork, etc...