Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a problem eating fruit? Every time I try I get sick I have a 14cc band and have had two fills so I'm at 7cc now. I chew really good and every time it comes back up.

Does anyone have a problem eating fruit? Every time I try I get sick I have a 14cc band and have had two fills so I'm at 7cc now. I chew really good and every time it comes back up.

i have difficulty. ive eaten bananas and another fruit and both of them sit like logs in my pouch. ive vomited after eating banana. the only way i can get away with eating fruit is by literally taking the smallest bite .. as big as my little fingernail... chewing that for at least twenty times, which is hard with fruit, lol, and then swallow and wait. even then i get pain. i havent tried anything else apart from raspberries which go down well.

i have difficulty. ive eaten bananas and another fruit and both of them sit like logs in my pouch. ive vomited after eating banana. the only way i can get away with eating fruit is by literally taking the smallest bite .. as big as my little fingernail... chewing that for at least twenty times, which is hard with fruit, lol, and then swallow and wait. even then i get pain. i havent tried anything else apart from raspberries which go down well.

..more on this comment.. i have a 10 cc band and i have about four ccs of fill.

I think fruit is difficult as it is hard to chew. A lot of it, especially summer fruits have that really smooth slippery texture that you literally cannot get your teeth into and so you end up swallowing a bite that is too big. I eat very little fruit which is not good.

Stewed fruit may be easier to eat , maybe try some stewed apple or make the fruit into a puree and pour it over yogurt.

I think fruit is difficult as it is hard to chew. A lot of it, especially summer fruits have that really smooth slippery texture that you literally cannot get your teeth into and so you end up swallowing a bite that is too big. I eat very little fruit which is not good.

Stewed fruit may be easier to eat , maybe try some stewed apple or make the fruit into a puree and pour it over yogurt.

yes, that sounds good. its worth trying out. i agree, we need to eat some fruit daily... i havent had a decent amount for some time now without suffering from it.

I do not have trouble with banana's, strawberries, grapes, pineapple or peaches.

I do have trouble with melons.

Really, the only fruit I have is in my smoothies. I drink 1 a day and add a banana and strawberries. I have had some melons but tend to stay away from fruit or fruit cups. I would love to be able to eat citrus; (I live in Florida and have fruit trees in my backyard). :-) Karen

Might be an idea if u want to include fruit into your nutrition to buy a juicer if u have trouble swallowing it :) i can eat any berries but tend to cook them and then add them to my sf jelly/jello

Really, the only fruit I have is in my smoothies. I drink 1 a day and add a banana and strawberries. I have had some melons but tend to stay away from fruit or fruit cups. I would love to be able to eat citrus; (I live in Florida and have fruit trees in my backyard). :-) Karen

what a shame you cant eat them....

I have trouble with fruits and veggies with skins. It's easier with melons, and if you can peel peaches, etc. I find blueberries are okay too but I can't eat a lot, maybe a small handful.

I haven't tried since I had my first fill couple days ago but to make it easier to peel peaches I boil Water and drop pack in for few seconds then pull it out n with my hands rub skin off. This is the way I can them to. Cool them in fridge or cook them either way. If u cook them smash with fork n enjoy. Very good n easy to eat. When eating banannas I split down center in 3 ways then pieces r perforated n much easier to eat ( I done this for my kids when they were small) my doc said feed myself like I was two, it's helped me a lot! Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I haven't tried since I had my first fill couple days ago but to make it easier to peel peaches I boil Water and drop pack in for few seconds then pull it out n with my hands rub skin off. This is the way I can them to. Cool them in fridge or cook them either way. If u cook them smash with fork n enjoy. Very good n easy to eat. When eating banannas I split down center in 3 ways then pieces r perforated n much easier to eat ( I done this for my kids when they were small) my doc said feed myself like I was two, it's helped me a lot! Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

thanks for these tips on how to eat fruit. i will try this with bananas, i have some here that i need to eat.

I've had trouble with bananas ever since surgery.. Only now if I take small bites can I get it down but not easy.. The easiest fruit for me is watermelon.. Small bites but it's so refreshing.. Most other fruits I've tried have been ok (berries etc), have yet to try oranges and peaches.. How has that worked for others?

I've had trouble with bananas ever since surgery.. Only now if I take small bites can I get it down but not easy.. The easiest fruit for me is watermelon.. Small bites but it's so refreshing.. Most other fruits I've tried have been ok (berries etc), have yet to try oranges and peaches.. How has that worked for others?

berries im fine with, i havent tried watermelon yet... its not the season for it here yet... bananas, the same as you. im uncomfortable with them, but do try. they are so rich in potassium that i need them. i havent tried apples, peaches or apricots yet. will do when our summer comes around again.