Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

I'm now waiting for my surgery date. I'm so nervous now I can't even stand it. My dr has told me I need to lose 10lbs before my surgery date or she'll send me home. How am I supposed to lose this weight? If It was easy, then I wouldn't need the surgery! Any help for me?

:hat: Fiona,

I'll be a bandit with you! :tea: :wow2:

I just got my surgery date on Friday and I'm going in (under?) on April 3. Pre-op on March 17 with Dr. and March 30 with hospital then surgery on the 3rd. Whoo Hoo!!!! I can't believe it's about to happen. I've been carrying my approval letter around for a week because it doesn't all seem real. :)

Audra :peace:

Don't worry too much about losing the weight, just be true to yourself and tell yourself everyday how much you want this, come on here and read these messages everyday, that is what I am going to do!!!

I think I saw somewhere on here, that it is to shrink the liver more than anything, so maybe weight doesn't matter that much.

Yup but also getting worried about liquid diet, I am eating foods now I love, before starting liquids, I think I am due to start 30th March!!! Yum, mexican tonite, hehehe!!!!:hungry: :clap2:

:clap2:

so this is the total i have for us at the moment, there are 9 definites being banded, wow, some of you are on the same day, and 3 maybes.........I am relying on you all to let me know how it goes, as you are all before me, I am the 17th at the moment!!!!:clap2:

I'm only worried about taking off the 10lbs because the surgeon has said she will send me home if I don't lose it. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to go from eating everything to eating nothing!!! The weight is supposed to be gone to help with the liver. Something about it's easier to remove the fat from it's surface!! YUCK! This is my first night on here and I'm so glad I've found it. I really think this is going to help me before and after the surgery. I'll keep you posted as to when my surgery date is.

Don't worry too much about losing the weight, just be true to yourself and tell yourself everyday how much you want this, come on here and read these messages everyday, that is what I am going to do!!!

I think I saw somewhere on here, that it is to shrink the liver more than anything, so maybe weight doesn't matter that much.

Yup but also getting worried about liquid diet, I am eating foods now I love, before starting liquids, I think I am due to start 30th March!!! Yum, mexican tonite, hehehe!!!!:hungry: :clap2:

Things are really beginning to pick up for our little group. My first pre-op appointment is this Friday. We get to discuss all the do's and don'ts of the surgery and pre-op/post-op diet restrictions. They also want to see all of my medications. I'm guessing to see how big the pills are and if I will be able to swallow them. I sure hope so since I just refilled all of them and had to get a three month supply.

I haven't decided if I'm more nervous, scared, excited, or happy about the whole situation.

Audra

Wow There are a few who are being banded on the 11th

That is awesome.

So as the time approaches how are you feeling.

I am now experiencing anxiety :omg:

I cant wait and I am making my self sick:sick by the anticipation

Is anyone else experiencing this

When I get a surgery date I will get REAL nervous! LOL. Repeat after me...it will be alright....it will be alright.....it will be alright!

I put you on the maybe list..........

Picardy3, I can't believe your pre-op is Friday, would love to know how it goes.....post us something if you can!!:biggrin1:

We all seem to be similar ages as well which I find interesting........I was doing a chart of us today......Yes I had a bit of free time, so I knew exactly who was going when, and I can bug you all with questions hehehe!!:hat:

I am hoping to post of photo of me soon, so you know my face as well as my name..........does anyone else want to do the same!

My biggest problem (excuse the pun) is that I am tending to eat everyhing in sight. It is like every meal is my last meal.......apparently that is normal, but I feel a bit down about stuffing my face. My reasoning is that I want to enjoy it all before the liquid diet.< /p>

On a better note I just went to the movies and saw Failure to Launch, it is sooooo funny and the Pink Panther movie, highly recommend it also for some laughs........so feeling happier now, nothing like a good laugh.:biggrin1:

amourette,

My first pre-op is Friday. This one is at the Dr.'s office. My second pre-op where they run all of the tests is Thursday, March 30, and then the big day is April 3!!!!!!!

I'm trying to start the pre-op diet this last half of my spring break so that I can get the "crankies" out of my system and not take them out on my students. One of my biggest problems is that when I get hungry, I get CRANKY!!!! My mother is the same way. When we spend a lot of time together we can usually tell when one of us needs to eat something. And believe me, we start looking for something to eat.

I will definitely keep you updated with what happens on Friday.

Audra

I'm only worried about taking off the 10lbs because the surgeon has said she will send me home if I don't lose it. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to go from eating everything to eating nothing!!! The weight is supposed to be gone to help with the liver. Something about it's easier to remove the fat from it's surface!! YUCK! This is my first night on here and I'm so glad I've found it. I really think this is going to help me before and after the surgery. I'll keep you posted as to when my surgery date is.

Hi Mockingbrd,

I was told the same that I have to lose some weight before the surgery, and they had two reasons 1,livers 2, they want to see that I will be able to change my habbits and "behave". How much time do you have? Well so far I lost 10 pounds, I am eating a lot of veggies, cantelope (low in calories and Im not that hungry),chicken total max. 1700 calories and I excercise at least 3 times per week for hour. The heart rate should be around 145-150 if you are healthy and dont have high blood pressure.I usually only walk ond treadmill. I must admit that Im quite hungry all the time, I was used to eat over 3000calories per day so you see the difference. Truly said I know/feel that Im not gonna be able to be hungry all the time, so I hope for the Lapband otherwise I am afraid that Im gonna bee fat my whole life :) Good luck to you all! Keep us updated.

(sorry for my imperfect English, Im from Czech republic, Europe and English isnt my native language):hat:

I wonder why I dont have to do a preop diet??I know each dr is different but it makes sense to shrink the liver.

I've been up since 5 am for a 9 am appointment. I'm not sure I even slept last night. And this is only an informative pre-op appt.! :omg:

What ever will I be like the night before the hospital pre-op and the surgery???

:notagree *wish I was sleeping right now

Audra

Hi! i am an April bandit, too! April 10th surgery date, March 24th liquid diet begins and i have all my pre-op stuff scheduled. I am from Virginia.

I am also a little apprehensive about the psych evaluation.

I am banding in April I cant wait I wish I knew how to put the jumping guys on the screen because I am that excited.

I am 43 from S.C. going to Mexico to Dr Kuri can't wait. :) :llama: I found some of the guys :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Robbi:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: