Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

I'm home, too. Had the surgery yesterday. All went well. Hardly any pain and was walking around very well right after surgery. After two c-sections and a gall bladder removal, this was a breeze.

Looking forward to a new, healthier life.

Love to all,

Dana

Hi all, I'm happy to be at home now and hear about you.

Well, all this experience has been very hard to me. My surgeon found a hernia and repared it and put my band at the same time.

Now I have pain in my chest and my left shoulder when I breath, a lot of gases, weaknees and I have lost 20 pounds in one week (I´m happy for this)

I were depress but now I´m better, the pain is less and I feel better day by day.

Good look to everyone and we are in touch.

Reyna:bump2: :bump2:

Welcome home Dana. I sure hope I do as well as you.

Reyna: It's a good thing you had the band put in. You got rid of a hernia which was bound to give you trouble at some point. 20#s in one week, woo mama!!!! Outstanding job.

Roberta

Ceparano...I'm just a few days after you and can't believe the date is so close. I'm also feeling the pressure, but am starting to feel pretty good. I went through a couple of rough days last week where I was emotional and a bit freaked out, but now I'm just ready. I had my pre-op testing today and it's just a matter of days now. Good luck to you, I'm sure you will do great, and just think of the great thing we are doing for ourselves!

Thank you all :D) I go in tomorrow for the CT and will know if I have to have an MRI next week. My pcp was really great catching some symptoms that could have been a disaster - too bad my previous pcp was too self involved to find this 2 years ago with my kidney.

I am SOOOO envious of you April Bandsters! April 21 - tomorrow was to be my original date, just cant wait for May 26th now :(

Glad all of you are doing so good, please keep posting updates since I got to know some of you in the last few months.

I never got round to finishing telling the anaethetist about my house decorations hehehe
when I had surgery last year, my m-i-l said I could not stop grinning and said something about my dreamy surgeron OMG I died of embarrassment, just hope I don't do that with Dr. Ortiz :D

Bostongurl, your right we are doing something great for ourselves, and I am so ready to get this show on the road.

Lisa: I know what you mean about the wait. Originally I was to be banded on 4/17, but my surgeon went on vacation.(how selfish of him :-) So here I am 3 days away from Monday!!!! I promise you once it's May 1st you will be surprised how fast time will start to go. It's good in a way , it gives you time to get yourself well. The incident with your MIL was hilarious.

You'll always be an April Bandit to us, so keep your little family here posted as to your progress.

Roberta

Surgery 4/24/06

Hi all, I am feeling a lot better today, I even managed to snooze on my side this morning, which felt wonderful. I am going to go on a small outing to shops soon,nothing big.

I noticed last night that we only have about 7 in the group left to be banded now...............wow, our month of April hasn't long left.

Good luck to you Yoda tomorrow, you'll do great, and remember we are all there with you...............hmmmmmmmmmmm.............hope you have a large room, hehehehe!

So now I need some ideas for my liquids that can go up a straw from you veterans of the month. I have Soup, thin smoothie of yoghurt,fruit and milk, Protein shake..............um here I kinda run out of ideas...........!!!

Thanx, Amourette!!:(

Tks amourette and everyone else.

I'll let ya know how it goes. I have to spend the night (sleep apnea)...so I'll try and come visit on Sat or Sun if I'm feelin' alright!!

See y'all on the other side!

:biggrin1:

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Dana isn't it nice to be home?? How's the pain?

Yoda You'll do GREAT!

Ceprano you are so close! You will do great too!

Amourette, DO NOT DRINK FROM A STRAW!!! Drinking from a straw allows way too much air to get into your tummy it will increase the gas...which will increase the pain. Only sip from a spoon. I have done this and taken Gas X and chewed a Tums several times everyday and I haven't had any gas pains (knock on wood). I blend up my favorite Soups and of course the good 'ol Protein Shakes and seem to be doing well. There is a lot of gurrgling but it is not painful. I guess you could blend up anything that you wanted...I have just kept it to Soup and shakes. My port sight does hurt to get up and down. But overall I am doing good...even walked the block today.

Hooray for the rest of the April Bandits! Were almost all the way home!!!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi all, i am going in tomorrow and have been crying all morning - sigh - how silly. I am feeling very freaked out. Can't understand why even. My family is supportive, though they have no idea why i would want to do this. My DH is ignoring the fact and hoping it will go away when he's not looking.

I just want this to be over now...

Hey Alison,

It's ok to be freaked out...I am as well and I still have a few more days to go. Don't worry about it. Best case senario.....you loose all the weight you want and become a hot babe. Worst case, you don't lose any weight. Don't worry to much about complications. My husbands uncle (who is a doctor) told me this surgery has 2 on their scale of complicated surgeries. Which means .2% in ever 100 people have some sort of complication. Thats a really low margin, so try to think of it that way.

We're all behind ya here! Good luck.

Hi, all!

Three days out and feeling pretty good--thanks to my Lortab Syrup. :Banane56: I haven't eaten anything of consequence in six days (just Clear Liquids with little calories), and I feel ok, but I'm a little upset about weight. Day of surgery, I weighed 260.5. Now, I weigh 268. I'm sure it's from all the swelling and IV fluids, etc., but it sure sucks to not have any calories for six days, and then gain 7.5lbs. Did this happen to you?

Well, anyway, onward I go, not giving up EVER. I'm done being obese.

Hope everyone is well, and for those who've yet to be banded, hang in there. This is the greatest thing you will do for yourself.

Love to all--

I was banded on April 17th. I am doing great. I am at work today so.. I guess that's good. I have lost 10 pounds in about 5 days. I figure when I can eat the mushies I might gain some back. I have been on clear liquids for a week now. I am still pretty bloated in my stomach but maybe it will go down soon. I think the 10 lbs came out of my boobs! YEAH!!!! maybe it's just me but they look alot more saggy than they did last week. Oh well, I don't care. That is what great bras are for. :Banane56:

I am so excited, I can't wait for 6 months to pass.

"...I think the 10 lbs came out of my boobs! YEAH!!!! maybe it's just me but they look alot more saggy than they did last week. Oh well, I don't care. That is what great bras are for. :(

I hear ya girl...I'm laughing like crazy! I know my big knockers will be the first to go!!