Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits

Good luck Kristielyn and Yoda.

I was in your shoes last weekend. I kept thinking is the the last time I m gonna make my hubby and son Breakfast. I was so scared the night before surgery I had emailed my husband on what I expected from him and also how muck I loved him and my son and how I did this to make me healthy. I even asked my husband to make love to me:nanahump: that night that we went to bed. i was scared that I would never wake up again and nnow look I am 1 week post op and feeling great I have lost 23 pounds so far and have so much energy:)

Also Good Luck to everyone who will be having surgery this week. Just remember we will all be here when you get back and on your feet

:confused:

Vickie<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_204720", true); </SCRIPT>

Grats to all who are getting banded this week!

I was to be banded on Friday also, but my PCP found something on my testing then sent me to a Urologist which found something on my kidney :::confused:::

Soooo I am out of April, into May 5 and then had to reschedule again to May 26 :D because of more testing...

I guess I am learning the patience needed to live the life of being banded :::heh:::

Tks for the reassurances Vickie. :confused:

Lisa: sorry to hear about the delays...but all for a reason, my friend! You'll get there too!:bandit

Lisa...I'm so sorry to hear about your delay. I hope your kidney problems turn out well. It's a good thing that they found this out before banding. You don't want anybody going in there and messing up your band placement and causing big problems down the line.

Roberta

Lisa -

Sorry for your delay. These things happen I guess. Please remember to stay in touch with the April bandits because you were one of us

first. =)

--Linda

Dr. Rumbaut

April 20, 2006

Hi guys! Time is ticking sooo slowly by. I eventually got hold of a dietician because my surgeon wants to speak with one who will look after me after the op. She had no idea what a lap band is... I quess i really am the first..everything. I guess i will tell her what i must eat (from u guys) and then she tells me what to eat...hehe. I have made my peace now with being the first person my surgeon will do this procedure on. This is what i want - so here we go!

:confused: Fiona,

I'll be a bandit with you! :D :wow2:

I just got my surgery date on Friday and I'm going in (under?) on April 3. Pre-op on March 17 with Dr. and March 30 with hospital then surgery on the 3rd. Whoo Hoo!!!! I can't believe it's about to happen. I've been carrying my approval letter around for a week because it doesn't all seem real. :D

Audra :peace:

Hi there -

How did your surgery go? I was also banded on 4/3. I am down about 21 lbs total since I started this whole process. 10 or so since 4/3. I am still feeling swollen and my port incision is killing me. I have PBed 2wce so far. Today was one of the time, I was down, tired, depressed and have my period. So, I went and got a filet fish and fries from McDonalds. Of course after 2 bits of the sandwich and a few fries (all of which were not chewed well and eaten too fast) I had the PBs. Even though I didn't vomit, i had to get up and walk around and take small sips of Water... I guess thats what I get for eating stuff I'm not supposed to be!

How is it going w/ you? I'm interested in your weight loss, goals, etc.

Hi guys! Time is ticking sooo slowly by. I eventually got hold of a dietician because my surgeon wants to speak with one who will look after me after the op. She had no idea what a lap band is... I quess i really am the first..everything. I guess i will tell her what i must eat (from u guys) and then she tells me what to eat...hehe. I have made my peace now with being the first person my surgeon will do this procedure on. This is what i want - so here we go!

Way to go Alison....everything has to start somewhere; be proud that you are a pioneer! You are paving the way for everyone behind you!

Good luck.

Thx Yoda - very positive way of thinking about it. I am going to use that one - if you do mind!! See friday is your big day! Go girl!

Hi All.....................YES I AM A BANDIT NOW!!!!! Yipeee!!! I just got home an hour ago and had to jump on to tell you that I am back. Everything went great. I had a few tears on the operating table as I was put out,but I never got round to finishing telling the anaethetist about my house decorations hehehe, I didn't feel a thing or remember anything and everything went perfect in the recovery room. I am the biggest sook and all of YA, if I can do it, you sure all can too!

I am in a bit of pain, but nothing like I had imagined and am on Voltaren, I have had no gas or nausea, but didn't sleep well last night due to these blow up things I had to have on my legs, they inflated and deflated and were sooooo loud. I even got to have pumpkin Soup last nite,it was the best after that damn pre-diet.

Off now to bed and to rest, trying to get some sleep

I am SO glad I have done this, I haven't had any regrets at all ,especially yesterday when I came out of surgery, I am so excited about my journey ahead

Love to you all, will write again soon

Amourette XXXX

Yayyyyyyy!!! Glad to hear that it went so well! Hmmmm, blow up things on your lets (getting images and visions of another type of blow up doll!!! :confused: ) hahaha....

Seriously....way to go...I'll be joining you in bandland on Friday. I have to stay the night (due to my sleep apnea) but I will be home on Sat. Hubby is staying in a hotel so he can bring me home the next day (we live 1.5 - 2 hrs away).

Take care.

Hi there -

How did your surgery go? I was also banded on 4/3. I am down about 21 lbs total since I started this whole process. 10 or so since 4/3. I am still feeling swollen and my port incision is killing me. I have PBed 2wce so far. Today was one of the time, I was down, tired, depressed and have my period. So, I went and got a filet fish and fries from McDonalds. Of course after 2 bits of the sandwich and a few fries (all of which were not chewed well and eaten too fast) I had the PBs. Even though I didn't vomit, i had to get up and walk around and take small sips of Water... I guess thats what I get for eating stuff I'm not supposed to be!

How is it going w/ you? I'm interested in your weight loss, goals, etc.

Hi tipper!

Things are going great here, once the gas pain subsided and I quit feeling naseaus. I went back to work on 4-11 and still had some pain, but today I only remember that I had surgery if I turn a certain way or bend over for too long (mostly my port area).

I got to start my regular diet today, though I can still have my liquids and mushies. Boy, eating solid food sure makes a difference. I had fish sticks a little before 5 pm today and I'm just now beginning to feel a bit hungry. I know this will change once the swelling goes down more, but my first fill will be around wk. 5 and that's not too far away.

I haven't PB'd yet, according the stories on here, but the day after surgery I made some gosh awful sounds like really, really big burps. Just the gas finding a new way out, but it HURT!

As far as weight loss, my scales say I'm down about 15 lbs. since surgery, but I go more by how my clothes fit. My 26/28 capris are BIG, but they have a drawstring waist so I'm still wearing them until I can't wear them anymore. My 22/24 pants that I've been wearing all winter fit a bit looser, but they are all dark colors so I'm putting them away. My fitted 24's will go on, zip, and button, but I can't breathe comfortably yet. About 5 more pounds should accomplish that, so I'm hoping in the next week or so.

At the moment I have a goal of 150 lbs. That will be approximately half of my body weight and should put me in a size 10/12. It will also put me about the same size as my mother. The last time we wore the same size I was in 6th grade.

Audra

PS: HI FIONA! Glad to hear you're doing better. You made it! Welcome to bandland!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hey April Bandits!

I am ALIVE and at home doing well. I have a lot of soreness at the port site. My port is right near my rib cage on the left side. My stomach has been rumbley and grumbley for a few hours now. I also had to wear the inflating socks. But I took a sound machine--you know one of those that play ocean, rainforest, waterfall sounds. It really drowned out all the hospital noise and I was able to rest when the nurses didn't come in.

Ceprano thanks for thinking of me. I am glad to be on this side.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Welcome home girl!! Your finally in Bandland. We've heard form you and Fiona, so we just have to hear from Shackdog. I hope he's doing well.

Roberta