Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Really Blew My Progress

I have amazed myself, but not in a good way! I have been doing so well, until yesterday! I ate a whopping 1756 calories. What happened? I wasn't even hungry!!!!

I did do 961 calories in exercise/ yard work in the morning, but then went to a party and just blew my whole day... Followed by a small bowl of Marble Slab ice cream... I have got to get my head in this game... I don't want to eat like a fat girl anymore but yet it is oh so easy to slip right back to the old ways... Who wants to kick my butt.., please go right ahead, I need it!

Consider your butt kicked, but to be perfectly honest, a 1756 calorie day is not the end of the world, especially considering that you burned 961 of those calories in exercise and yard work. When I think back on how I ate pre-op, I easily consumed 1756 calories in a single meal!

I am having the same problem. food just finds it's way to my mouth. I start out having a good day, 3 mile walk, chicken for lunch, and then if I have any chance to cheat I throw all my hard work away and eat a ton of calories. I am going to start a personal challenge, HOW MANY MEALS I CAN GET THROUGH WITH OUT UNHEALTHY CHOICES. I am eating chicken breast right now instead of pancakes. One meal down and many more to follow on my way to a healthy me. I am worth it...I AM NOT really hungry....eat to live not live to eat.

Don't beat your self up BAMABANDER get back to working on a healthy you one meal at a time!

I think we all have days like that. I did the same yesterday. One day won't blow your progress, its eating like that everyday that will. Today is a new day and new week!

I know what you mean, Bama. I was away last week and definitely found myself making bad choices and snacking when I wasn't necessarily hungry. You just need to get back on track. I'm sure you didn't do too much damage. Just accept it and move on!

Going out to eat, and attending parties are always going to be a challenge to diet compliance...learning strategies to avoid going way out of control with the food choices I found that it helps to keep a glass of iced Water in your hand at all times.

This worked well for me recently, when I attended 3 day long my class reunion out of town. The most temptations came the evening of the formal gathering, when there were servers walking though the group with every imaginable delicious looking finger food you could ever imagine. I allowed myself to have 2 of the most interesting selections, and then found my way over to a table loaded with vegetarian choices, and chose 2 of them. The rest of the evening was taken up with a focus on speaking with classmates I had not seen in years, and sipping Water.

The following day was a catered picnic with Mexican food...instead of a taco or a wrap, I chose a right sized portion of lettuce, chicken chunks, and topped it with a bit of salsa, avoiding the rice and deserts.

I had not lost any weight over the 3 day weekend, but I did not gain any either. Even in a party situation, it is possible to not destroy your diet. Just stay aware of avoiding the foods you know you should not have and it will help.

And, as others have mentioned, it does not do any good to beat yourself up over days where you don't maintain your diet. The motivation must come from within. The most important thing is that you were aware of a need to get back in focus and follow your diet again.

That event is now in the past...keep your eyes on your goals!

Y'all are so great! I really appreciate the butt kicking, advice, tips and shared diet disasters! I'm going strong today! Went to early church, came home and walked 2 miles,ate a great Breakfast of southwestern egg beaters ( love love love them) with a TBL of FF sour cream!

Planning for a great week... One meal at a time!

Honestly, I wouldn't want to encourage this, but considering what you ate and the exercise, you really didn't do that bad! Don't beat yourself up about it. Like I was told back in the day when I went to Weight Watchers; shake it off, move on... Tomorrow is another day

BTW, I admire that you tracked everything you ate :)

In the future I would try to bring a low fat Protein based dish as your contribution to the meal. This way you can get your protein in and have a good base before moving on the higher calorie/fattie foods.

Butt kickin and a whole lot more...You asked for it, here it is:

Now don't ever do that again!

tmf

Butt kickin and a whole lot more...You asked for it' date=' here it is:

Now don't ever do that again!

tmf

You have made my day... Plus I burned extra calories from laughing so hard! Thank you!!!

Don't beat urself up . It's normal it's life. U recognize it Now don't pull that crap tomorrow !!! LoL !! Goodluck !! :-)

I think it is important to keep track of reality in this sort of situation. I am so guilty of beating myself up over a 1700 calorie day - um, I am at goal, have been for years, run for an hour or more a day and am 5ft 10, 145lb. I kind of NEED that sort of calorie level to survive. Look at what other people eat - 1700 is below maintenance for most women.

But it feels like so much food/sheer gluttony. I get it in one way or another - I mean, I can keep my meals teeny tiny so that I feel virtuous but I will then simply pick, graze and nibble my way to that and more!

In truth, you would lose weight - more slowly - on that sort of calorie intake. So simply put it behind you and move on.

bama, what is done is done. everyone of us get a new day everyday.

Make it count,

((much love))