Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help With Pre Op Diet

I have started my pre op diet which consists of 2 Protein Shakes and dinner of lean meat/chicken/fish and veggies. My question is can I marinade them, if it is a healthy marinade? (I would be using the AMA cookbook recipes for the marinade)

Also for the veggies, is salad allowed? Lettuce and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar? Black Beans?

Thanks all!

Pre-op. Sounds like you haven't had the surgrey as of yet. The week before surgrey I was on liquids all week. I even lost 7lbs. I had the band done on 4/16/2012 & had to follow very closely to the strict diet for the first month. Your Dr. should have given u a booklet on what to eat & when. I am the same age as you & I have lost 40lbs since. I found some great receipes on this site. I hope I was some help to you.

Ask your surgeon- I would vote no because of the extra sodium usually found in marinades (healthy or not), but your Dr may be okay with it.

Balsamic vinegar is full of sugar which is carbs which u arent meant to be eating i dont think, so maybe look at another form of dressing :)

Every pre op diet is different but the diet I was on was similar and it's was specifically no dressing.

I am currently on the same diet as you and hav elost my 10lbs... with 5 days to spare. I ate a salad but left it dry with no dressing. I also did marinade my chicken, i needed some taste. I just didn't over do it.

I am also doing the pre op diet. My surgery is 7/10. If I need flavor to my chicken I just squirt a little bit of lemon on it and some pepper. It works. I can't stand plain, dry chicken

swollen you can do it. hang in there

Yesterday was ROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the movies with some girls to see Magic Mike and didn't order anything....I really wanted some popcorn!!! But I was a good girl!! This morning as been a little better...I did lose 2 pounds yesterday so that is motivation for sure!! I know I want to make the change so I will push on!

you are doing it.

you want it, do it.

(and you are. life is great and its only gonna get better my friend). monday will be here before you know it.