Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your Favorite Protein Food?

I am looking for more source of Protein foods. Trying not to get burned out on the same thing. My favorite is Wendy's chili. what is your favorite?

I am looking for more source of Protein foods. Trying not to get burned out on the same thing. My favorite is Wendy's chili. what is your favorite?

I like chicken, black Beans and a little low sodium V8 juice in the blender with some mexican spices. I tastes like chicken tortilla Soup or black bean dip. It looks gross, but tastes good. I am still on pureed and graduating to softs as of today.

Since getting banded, I actually make a weekly pot of chili myself in a dutch oven. Thay way I can pack it full of veggies and only add fresh ingredients. I then portion it out into containers and freeze for later meals throughout the week. I have found it is cheaper and less of a hit to my calorie budget if I make it myself.

My favorite protien from home is any salmon dish. I like it grilled or baked with simple salt and pepper. If I'm looking for fast food it isn't always the healthiest option but I love, love, love chicken Express catfish.

I too am a Salmon addict .. my favourite is smoked salmon .. wild alaskan salmon is best on the Protein side ..

Isnt commercially made chilli high in salt ?

Wendy's chili has 21 carbs in it- my doctor always says, stay under the five percent rule. Like on box products, I have to look at the fat and carb count to make sure it's not over 5 percent. I love Wendy's chili- so what I'm asking is it ok to eat? I'm a newbie. 3 weeks out

Help

Since getting banded' date=' I actually make a weekly pot of chili myself in a dutch oven. Thay way I can pack it full of veggies and only add fresh ingredients. I then portion it out into containers and freeze for later meals throughout the week. I have found it is cheaper and less of a hit to my calorie budget if I make it myself.[/quote']

Can you share your recipe?

lean Protein or chicken breast and Beans :)

i make baby meat loaves, mexi chicken, beef patties, i mean the list is endless...so much good food.....who says one cant eat with a lap band is clueless