Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband Failer Wanting To Start Again

All was well at doctor and I am back to losing again....!!!

I'm not familiar with either one of you. I only wish to say that there is a way to say anything to anyone. I appreciate the way you addressed your response to Smkeller. It was very respectful at the same time transparent in what you were feeling.

I never judge people but I must say I would've sent that criticism in a private message to Alex. Then addressed my same concerns a bit more delicately but direct in my post.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think if you want people to really hear and understand it you must choose your words carefully.

DA you are always so diplomatic. That's why I luv you!

DA you are always so diplomatic. That's why I luv you!

XOXOXO lmao!

Just an update (and to get off the topic about that comment about the book lol). I'm still on track, I think ive been going for about 40 days now. Since my tightening i haven't lost any weight. It keeps going up and down and back up again. It's really frustrating. I am not hungry what so ever, so I'm having trouble forcing myself to eat. Apparently that's why I'm not loosing weight because I'm not getting my metabolism going. Which annoys me because I feel like what's the point in having a lapband if I have to eat more than usual anyway. I'm starting to regret getting it tightened but I feel like I'm in my green zone since I'm not hungry. So a bit confused at the moment. But still trying anyway which is a good sign for me.

Besides that - Christmas is coming, and my treadmill just blew up. Im not good at other exercises yet because of my back problems and I can't afford a new one (or any other machine like a treadmill) for a month or two. Which has really upset me, now I'm going to have to be insanely careful with Christmas and I'm really scared to put the weight back on. Ive only lost 5 kilos so far but it's taken so much effort I would be devastated if i put that back on and I'm scared I would give up again if I did.

The other thing that's got me worried is my addiction to milk is back. That's apparently the reason I'm overweight in the first place, cause I've never been a big eater - just love milk for unknown reasons lol.

Not sure what to do about it all- but I'm still on track and I guess that's the main thing (for me).

Keep going. Don't give up. It will come off.

Get outside and walk! Bring someone with you if it's a problem going alone.

You can do it!!!

You didn't fail. You may have become, distracted from a goal. That is something that everyone in this forum have in common. We've all been distracted from our goal from time to time. It just takes some of us a little longer to the-focus.

I applaud you for wanting to continue in achieving a goal that you set forth.

Don't be discouraged in yourself. Get your fills, do your exercise , and eat right.

I would highly encourage you to invest in a Atkins, weight watchers type cookbook. Not so much to follow their recipes exact, it's to give you ideas on dishes suited to your taste.

The weight may not come off as easy as it did at first. Your body has healed from surgery, now the work begins.

I hope I helped.

Everyone is right. There's so much you can do. So don't worry about the treadmill, but know that you will have to get out to get the weight off. Everyone here enjoys food, exercise gives you the balance to loose weight. When I'm not working out, I'm not loosing. When I'm not eating right, the weight is still there. I have to do them both together. You have to find the exercise that works for you. Get on a plan. An eating plan. Atkins, Southbeach. Something that had a healthy eating focus. Work with your doctors to look at the foods and determine which don't make you anxious. Walk, swim find something you enjoy, but you have to move. Even if its a lot of restricted movement.

I got past that bit of weight that kept going up and down :) randomly just dropped off me lol.

I'm not on a diet or anything I'm just watching what I eat and exercise when I feel I need it. Figured as long as I'm loosing weight it doesn't matter what im doing. When I first got my lapband i did all the dieting and exercise and lost heaps of weight and then it got too much for me to deal with life an all the pressure of diets and exercise an the rules of the lapband, and it didn't work and I put all the weight back on. So now I'm only doing it casually and that way its not possible to go back to old habits, because nothing has changed dramatically. And it's slow enough that my body won't put it all back on.

So I got past that weight I was struggling with, and I still refuse to go outside and walk or exercise because at the moment it's summer and 105 degrees (Fahrenheit) in Australia. I started swimming but just for fun not for exercise. And today I got out the total gym and some weights, but I don't like doing that because it's never worked or me to loose weight, that's why I like my treadmill so much cause it's easy and i know it works for me.

A mate is going to see of he can fix my treadmill for me, so fingers crossed! :D

Have you heard of the walking videos called Walk Away The Pounds? You should look into that since walking is your thing. They have one mile, 2mile and as many as 5miles. You are just walking in place. Its fun and a great work out.

I'm recommitted to this band. I can't get a fill yet, because I don't have insurance right now. But I'm keeping the starches and carbs low. I'm doing Protein, and veggies smoothies. I'm a week in and I've lost 6 pounds. I'm working out an hr a day. Well at least an hour. I can be lazy, but I know that exercise for me is going to get the weight off. I'm finding the exercise that works. On my lazy days, I get on the bike and ride for an hour while talking on the phone or watching a good show. I want this band to work for me. I was banded 4yrs ago. 2 of the years were hard. I had band issues and life stuff. I'm recommitted and it will work. It worked for others so it has to work for me.

Im kinda in the same boat got banded 3years ago first 7months was great than got pregnant and had a lot of personal life relationship problems and fell way of track gained a lot back n scared to see my doc .. so I came back on this site and got encouragement from my band family and I started eating right again and I started Saturday and I'm 6lbs down already n feeling so much better about myself .. good luck n hit me up whenever u need to chat

Im kinda in the same boat got banded 3years ago first 7months was great than got pregnant and had a lot of personal life relationship problems and fell way of track gained a lot back n scared to see my doc .. so I came back on this site and got encouragement from my band family and I started eating right again and I started Saturday and I'm 6lbs down already n feeling so much better about myself .. good luck n hit me up whenever u need to chat

That's great. Its all about the small steps. I trying hard to stay on track. How often are you working out?

Well right now not at all really o try n run around with my little man to burn some calories but I'm gonna try n get some workout videos and stuff can't really walk around my neiborhood I live on real busy road with no side walka

Well get the walking tapes. There's v do much you can do from hone.

Thankyou Cheri for your story that made me feel like I'm not the only one :)

And thanks humming bird I will take your advice.

I will keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

I am going to have to learn to eat slowly' date=' that was the hardest part for me. I kept eating normally because I don't like the way food tastes so I eat to get it over and done with. Even if that means being in a lot of pain. I wish I could just eat purÃÂéed food all the time, that was the only time I was super slow at eating. Haha.[/quote']

Ok, I know this post is a year old, but I saw myself in the statement "I don't like how food tastes, so I eat to get it over and done with.". I LOVE good food, but I DESPISE fish! I kept getting stuck on it--then, one day I realized I was only eating fish because it's "good" for you (plus it's a low-fat protein)--but I couldn't stand to have fish in my mouth long enough to chew it to a fine mush--so I'd swallow it way too soon--and get stuck. BTW, to me, fish is just as nasty on the way up as it is on the way down! Haha! No more fish for me, methinks.

I think its good to eat the healthy foods that you can tolerate. Glad you stopped eating fish.