Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband Failer Wanting To Start Again

Okay so today I had my first fill in almost 2 years. Currently sitting on 5.5mls out of 7, and now "average" (Usually 5-7ish for my band)

Last time i had this much in my band I had a bit of trouble, but going to try really hard this time to eat slower.

I have lost 4 kilos (approx 9lbs) so far without Fluid and now that I have some Fluid hoping it will keep going.

Haven't changed much yet, still eating my normal meals, just less. And only exercising every 2-3 days now. However if my weight loss slows down, I exercise more again.

On fluids for 24hrs - Can't remember what the hell to have for fluids, but think it might be shakes so went and bought them.

But not sure if I can last on just them for 24hrs though because it's currently over 40.C here (over 104 Fahrenheit) so not feeling well. Yay for lliving in Australia lol.

If anyone has other ideas for fluids please let me know, because I can't remember lol.

broth, sf Jello, sf pudding, diet snapple,powerade zero,blended Soups, v8 that should get you through 24 hours then don't forget mushy. If you want to get back on track you really need to get all your guidelines from your dr. Set yourself up for success not failure.

Mushy i'm fine with, that parts easy :) It's the liquids I don't know what to do.

And it doesn't help that I'm from Australia and we don't have most of those things you mentioned lol.

We have Soups obviously, but it's too hot for soups :(

We have Powerade, but i don't think we have the sugar-free one.

I need something more like food rather than just drinks cause I'm feeling really sick now.

I will probably just send my boyfriend down to get ingredients to make fruit smoothies and just live off that for 24hrs. As it's the only thing I can think of.

Oh I just saw "jello" in your list. We have jelly so I might see if we have the sf version of that :)

This whole thread was very encouraging to me. I'm also one that was banded about 2 1/2 years ago back in aug.2010. I lost very slowly and got to the 50lb mark and then started back with some old issues like depression and having drinks on the weekend . Not to the point of drunkenness but I have learned that 1 drink bloats me and my weight loss stalls.

The last time I went to my surgeon back in March for a fill he said that I must be eating Cookies and ice cream which offended me because I am not a sweet eater at all. I'm one of those rare people that does not even like ice cream. So after that because of what he said & I was still the same weight I missed my next appt and have not been back since. Now' date=' I'm afraid to go back because I'm up about 10 lbs now.

In the meantime, I was dealing with a little marital discord and recently learned that my sister has the big C. So I want to go back but if I get a lecture I know it will further discourage me.

I hate to use my sisters severe illness as an excuse but I'm thinking if I go back and explain to him that I have been severely depressed because of dealing with these issues he may cut me some slack .

I want to be a success with my band more than anything so much so that I have considered going back to WW or even doing HCG.

[/quote']

So you admit you weren't eating right but were offended that the doctor guessed the wrong foods that made you gain ? They call that splitting hairs.

It really doesn't matter what you were eating or drinking because you saw the negative results of eating/ drinking that way.

Fact is, your dr is on your side no matter what he said. Please go back! You will be so happy to get back on track and get the results that you deserve to have. Your sister is going to need you healthy and strong, not unhealthy and discouraged.

Whatever he says to you is probably not as bad as what you say to yourself. Cut yourself some slack first and go take care of business!

Sf jelly is right. You may know what foodso eat starting with mushy but make sure you know how much as well for example half up, full cup, how muck Protein. Make sure to measure and track all your foods.

Have you read Alex's new 'BIG BOOK' on Lapbands? I am sure that he will have this covered in some way. And yes' date=' I have known those who wounldn't give up and had two or three new or different Lapbands put in before finally giving up and going to another procedure.

'The BIG BOOK' is only forty dollars, that I am sure was years in the making - since it has over six hundred pages.

It is, of course, about ten years too late, has NO information or of ANY of the difficulties, revisions - which he HIMSELF has had to another procedure, or any of the horror stories which now abound about this procedure and it's aftermath

Many reputable surgeons no longer even offer lapband surgery. The company is being sued by the government for false claims and advertising.

This book is now so out-of-date, and such an obvious self-serving sales job, the sole purpose of which is to in enrich Alex and his girlfriend, and 'vice' president, Stein.

The Mexican doctors listed in it represent the worst cut rate Tijuana doctors who ALL advertsise on Alex's forums. The good, highly rated doctors are not even listed.

This is a misreprensentation of the dangers and discreditation of the lapband procedure.

It is shameful and misleading, and as many people as possible on as many forums as possible should warn the unwary.[/quote']

Nothing better to do with your time? Pathetic !

Have you read Alex's new 'BIG BOOK' on Lapbands? I am sure that he will have this covered in some way. And yes, I have known those who wounldn't give up and had two or three new or different Lapbands put in before finally giving up and going to another procedure.

'The BIG BOOK' is only forty dollars, that I am sure was years in the making - since it has over six hundred pages.

It is, of course, about ten years too late, has NO information or of ANY of the difficulties, revisions - which he HIMSELF has had to another procedure, or any of the horror stories which now abound about this procedure and it's aftermath

Many reputable surgeons no longer even offer lapband surgery. The company is being sued by the government for false claims and advertising.

This book is now so out-of-date, and such an obvious self-serving sales job, the sole purpose of which is to in enrich Alex and his girlfriend, and 'vice' president, Stein.

The Mexican doctors listed in it represent the worst cut rate Tijuana doctors who ALL advertsise on Alex's forums. The good, highly rated doctors are not even listed.

This is a misreprensentation of the dangers and discreditation of the lapband procedure.

It is shameful and misleading, and as many people as possible on as many forums as possible should warn the unwary.

You're very misinformed and it's even more obvious to me that you haven't read the book.

There are NO surgeons mentioned in my book. Mexican or US based.

I have the Lap-band and have had no revisions to any other procedures.

We have a chapter that actually goes through the other WLS procedures.

The book is very up to date.

Natalie is awesome but definitely not my girl friend :D

Again, there are no Mexican surgeons listed or mentioned anywhere in my book.

I too am starting over.. I got the lapband my insurance at work paid for it..right after the surgery I was laid off...so I never went back for a fill and it took me 8 months to find a job. I only lost 13 lbs and was completely upset I though this would solve my problems with weightloss...I ate small meals but often did not really follow rules and recently I just took a hard look at myself and realized I was not thinking about it as I should. Lapband is a tool to help with weightloss not the solution...the solution was I had to want to lose it.. So I ended my pity party and pulled up my big girl panties and started over it was hard at first and I also got a fill and went back to my regular doctor yesterday got complete blood work and going to give this a go again. For me I have to just move forward no longer beat myself up for my failures but congratulate myself for starting over...Good luck!!!!

Smkeller, you sound like you have an axe to grind, don't grind it on the Big Book. I have it, and although I have not read the whole thing, it is very informative and not out of date. If you don't like it here, no one is forcing you to stay. Alex started this site as a help for others and probably to keep himself on track. We are self-help group, but always, advise to seek medical attention. I am not sure where you receive your information. Good luck, to you. karen

I just wish book was not so expensive . I am on a disability income and that is way too much for me! Must go to meds.

I just wish book was not so expensive . I am on a disability income and that is way too much for me! Must go to meds.

If anyone has an issue paying for the book, please message me privately. I'll see what I can do for you.

If anyone has an issue paying for the book, please message me privately. I'll see what I can do for you.

not only are you cute, but a damn nice man to boot :)

(even if you forgot my bday----joking BTW_

I too am starting over.. I got the lapband my insurance at work paid for it..right after the surgery I was laid off...so I never went back for a fill and it took me 8 months to find a job. I only lost 13 lbs and was completely upset I though this would solve my problems with weightloss...I ate small meals but often did not really follow rules and recently I just took a hard look at myself and realized I was not thinking about it as I should. Lapband is a tool to help with weightloss not the solution...the solution was I had to want to lose it.. So I ended my pity party and pulled up my big girl panties and started over it was hard at first and I also got a fill and went back to my regular doctor yesterday got complete blood work and going to give this a go again. For me I have to just move forward no longer beat myself up for my failures but congratulate myself for starting over...Good luck!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU! Sorry for what you went through but very glad you finally found your way out of it. From experience, I know how hard it is to have the band without a fill. You are absolutely right...Your band is there to assist you achive your goal. Just taking the step to finally get the band in the first place was a huge achievement.

Good luck on the rest of your journey. I have no doubt you will succeed.

Smkeller' date=' you sound like you have an axe to grind, don't grind it on the Big Book. I have it, and although I have not read the whole thing, it is very informative and not out of date. If you don't like it here, no one is forcing you to stay. Alex started this site as a help for others and probably to keep himself on track. We are self-help group, but always, advise to seek medical attention. I am not sure where you receive your information. Good luck, to you. karen[/quote']

I'm not familiar with either one of you. I only wish to say that there is a way to say anything to anyone. I appreciate the way you addressed your response to Smkeller. It was very respectful at the same time transparent in what you were feeling.

I never judge people but I must say I would've sent that criticism in a private message to Alex. Then addressed my same concerns a bit more delicately but direct in my post.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think if you want people to really hear and understand it you must choose your words carefully.