Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have You Reached Your Goal Weight?

If you have, how long did it take you? Any advice to those who haven't reached goal yet. I get so upset with myself when I read about other success stories and here I am still not at goal or even close 6 months out.

Starting weight 286

Current weight 250

You started the same thread yesterday? Did you not read the replies or did you not like the replies?

You stated you thought you should have lost 1/2 your goal weight loss in the first 6 months? That's about 60 lbs. That's a very very unrealistic expectation fo 6 months. You need to go back to square one and make an effort in understanding how we lose weight and the basic math behind losing. The most you will lose is around 8 lbs/mo. And that's if you don't make any mistakes, exercise a lot(and you don't) and keep your caloric intake at or around 1200/day. That's the most you will lose in the form of fat.

And, as I told you yesterday, I only lost 32 lbs the first 6 months. I'm not sure where you see these people who are losing a lot more than that?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm jumping on your post but your expectations are much too high.

tmf

Hi it's been a year and a half since I had lap bad surgery and I've only lost 17kg .. Though that's without excersise and not always sticking to the rules .. For me I need to go back to basics .. I think the amount of weight u lost is the right expectations .. We are all different some will loose quicker / slower than others .. I have a friend who did the surgery with me and she lost 55kg in the first 10 months and thats due to being disciplined 95% of the time and hardcore excersise

Your on the right track !

Di : )

Hi it's been a year and a half since I had lap bad surgery and I've only lost 17kg .. Though that's without excersise and not always sticking to the rules .. For me I need to go back to basics .. I think the amount of weight u lost is the right expectations .. We are all different some will loose quicker / slower than others .. I have a friend who did the surgery with me and she lost 55kg in the first 10 months and thats due to being disciplined 95% of the time and hardcore excersise

Your on the right track !

Di : )

Thanks! Its good to hear I'm not the only struggling. It makes me wish I would have gotten the sleeve : / do you regret getting the band?

I am six pounds from my goal and it has taken me two years and four months to lose 87 pounds. The entire time I've lived the lifestyle I can deal with, which slowed my weight loss down but did not prevent it. I don't regret taking this long to lose the weight or the plateaus I lived on for months at a time. Those plateaus helped me adjust physically and mentally to the changes in my body and life.

The trip to your goal is as important as reaching your goal. My advice to you is to regard the next couple of years as an interesting leisurely journey and not a headlong dash toward being "a success story." Your success story is you have lost 36 pounds in six months and that is absolutely perfect for you. It took me a year to lose that much, but I've still managed to creep up within six pounds of my goal.

Good luck.

If you have' date=' how long did it take you? Any advice to those who haven't reached goal yet. I get so upset with myself when I read about other success stories and here I am still not at goal or even close 6 months out.

Starting weight 286

Current weight 250[/quote']

Hi I am 4 years out and still not at goal. Everyone is different, I just read there stories and take advice. Don't get me wrong I do not regret having the band I am a slow looser, lol. Maybe if I didn't sabatoge myself I would have reached my goal sooner, but hey I didn't . So over 4 years I lost about 80 lbs and still loosing my doctor didn't put any fill in til like 2 months after surgery and I still get fills And just dropped a few pounds this week. So remember slow and steady wins the race. As long as your not gaining its all good. Take a step back and start from scratch again. Try the 5day pouch diet. So good luck with your journey I hope this helps.

I am just about 13 months out and have lost 96 pounds. You are doing fine! Slow and easy. I still have 50-60 pounds i want to lose. Realize the band is a tool and a lifestyle change. It will b there for you. Its adjustable, sometimes you'll lose faster than others. I was on a plateau fir 2 months! Then in 1 week, i lost 4 pounds! Crazy!!!

Slow and steady.

I had my surgery may 31 St and lost 17lbs so far but the wreight loss slows after a while. I exersize an hour everyday and never eat more than 500 calories. Everyone is different and I will not be discouraged! Hang in there

Thanks! Its good to hear I'm not the only struggling. It makes me wish I would have gotten the sleeve : / do you regret getting the band?

I have no regrets in getting the band.. I think without the band I would not have lost any weight or I would of lost some but gained it all back on or even more ..

I have realized that the band is only a tool and we need to work with it .. It will not miracously shed the weight over night .. With a bit of hard work and discipline we will get to our dream bodies or close enough !! :)

I originally had considered getting the sleeve prior to the band but after doing a lot of research about it, it was not for me .. I couldn't accept the fact that my stomach will be permanently a quarter of the size it is now..I wanted something that was reversible if complications arose and i believed eventually the stomach that has been cut and stapled will stretch again over time ..

So yeah I have no regrets what so ever.. The only regret is that I wish I stuck to the rules .. Though I'm turning this round by having control in what I put in my mouth - counting calories , Protein and regular excersise .. Oh let's not forget keeping the fluids up! : )

I am 8 months out and have lost 75 pounds. I have 44 more to go

Yep! I did! I was 322 and lost 170 lbs and got down to my goal weight of 150.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

It took me 2 1/2 years. Some months losing a lot, some months not losing at all. I've kept tweaking my diet and cutting out things and adding foods that are nutritious. I've exercised regularly ( mostly walking) and I understand this isn't a diet. It's the way that healthy people live.

It's just a tool. We have to decide that we are going to change our thinking and then keep working on that.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi there. I had my surgey on Sept 30, 2011 (which makes me 8 1/2 month or so post op) an I have lost roughly 60 lbs. it is definitely without struggle. I know that I can douch better, but I fell

Iike I have been a success to lose what I have. I have my slip up days and then I realize that I have done wrong, pray about it, and move on. We all are different with different body type. I started out at 307 and now I am at 245. I gain a lb and lose a pound sometimes. That is a part of the weight lose journey. Nothing magical was expected over night, so please anticipate the hard time and the struggle. I put an expectation to lose my next 45 lbs to be a year or so away. If I accomplish it by next summer than I am doing great, but if not I will continue to press on. Stay positive and set small goals that you know you can accomplish and build on them.

It took me 2 1/2 years. Some months losing a lot' date=' some months not losing at all. I've kept tweaking my diet and cutting out things and adding foods that are nutritious. I've exercised regularly ( mostly walking) and I understand this isn't a diet. It's the way that healthy people live.

It's just a tool. We have to decide that we are going to change our thinking and then keep working on that.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Karen, did you have your surgery w true results in Houston by chance?!

I am really, really , REALLY struggling. I think the part that gets me the most is that I haven't figured out the food addiction part out. I love food so much. And it's hard breaking up w it. It's like the bad boyfriend we've all had that we knew was no good but we still couldn't break it off?!!

I know slow and steady is the answer but I'm not even going slow I'm like at a complete stand still : /