Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Pre Op Diet Today!

I woke up this morning pretty excited about starting my preop diet! I may not be so stoked when I get home this afternoon lol! Wish me luck and any advice would be much appreciated!

You and I both! I was suppose to start my pre-op diet on the 16th but didn't since it was my b-day and knew I'd be going out so I opted to start today instead. Had my first Atkins Protein drink this morning and for now, I'm doing okay. I'm sure I'm still running on sugar reserves from last night's yummy dessert. We'll see how I feel by tomorrow afternoon. I'm praying that I don't get a headache from the sugar withdrawal or worse, a Migraine. I'll be drinking my 2nd Atkin's Protein Drink for lunch in a few mins and snacking on yogurt later on this afternoon to tide me over until dinner time. dinner will be Citrucel. For now, I'm also making sure I'm drinking plenty of Water.

Good luck to you and your pre-op diet!

I'm on day 4 - first few days were LOUSY so sorry if you guys have to go through that BUT finally feeling like I'm on the other side. Mine's Protein Drinks and then 1 Protein Bar for dinner which I'm liking just to have something to chew. I also got this special K Protein Drink (dr recommended it) that comes in a couple flavors to add to my Water. At least it gives me variation. I'm feeling a little sloshy ;) but glad to be on my way! Good luck to everyone!!

Water, Water everywhere...

I had a lot of sugar withdrawal but then I felt much better in a few days. You will feel lighter and more energetic! Keep going! And if the cravings get bad...make sure you have a good pal to help you bury the bodies. LOL

I had my 1st Protein drink at 6am, which by far was better than any I have had before, called EAS Advantage chocolate fudge. I felt hungry about 10 so I went ahead and had my 2nd protein drink and in between has been lots of Water. For lunch I had pot roast with all the veggies (this is what I am imagining my beef broth is, so don't get jealous...lol) Water with Walmart brand MIO with melon flavor, yummy. I hope that doing it this way I will keep from getting too hungry. I do get to have a smart ones meal with less than 300 calories, less than 15g carbs, and more than 15g carbs. Hopefully it will be good for something to gnaw on. You guys keep in touch with me on this post so I can see how we all are doing if you don't mind.

Starting my Protein diet today! Can someone explain to me is this for pre surgery weight loss or just to prep your body? How long is everyone staying on their pre diet for???

My pre op diet is for two weeks. From what I understand gabby, the diet is put in place to help shrink your liver so the surgeon has an easier time lifting it and putting the band in place. I made it thru my first day and am on the 2nd day now. I did better than I thought probably because I want this more than I have ever wanted anything almost and I paced my shakes and Water throughout the day. You will do great, just reply back when you need some encouragement because I will probably need it too.

Omg day one on the pre op diet was a killer! Did pretty good until night fall! I am a major snacker and it's sweets I turn to! God please tell me this will get easier!!???­

Hang in there! I just finished week one of a liquid only preop diet and the first days are the hardest. It is still very challenging but does get better. You can do it!!

We can do it gabby! I don't have to tell myself no but once lol night is harder for me too but I have found sipping my Powerade zero kills my sweet tooth pretty quick!

Ok day 2 started! I peed so much yesterday I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 6.5 lbs lol. I'm sure that will level out but YAY! Getting ready to drink my first Protein of the day, I'm doing the 2 shakes tons of liquid lol and a small dinner. Any suggestions for a satisfying evening meal? Thanks everyone!!!!

Honestly I only found two meals in Walmart that fell within the range I was allowed. The smart ones Ham and cheese scramble and the Steak tips portabello. The ham and chesse scramble is yummy!! Haven't tried the Steak tips yet because I wanted the other...lol I was told that welches makes sugar free popsicle and they have pineapple and banana kind, so I think I am going to try and get those today which may help with the evening. I never have been a middle of the night eater, so that part is not bothering me. My Protein Shake is really good on the way to work, my husband just shook his head when I said "ooh this is soooo yummy". Ha! What have you been eating for your meals?

Well yesterday was the first day so we ate baked chicken cut into small pieces some asparagus and mushrooms with Worcestershire and tons of seasoning but no salt not fat was used to cook with

I am new to this site and just started my pre-op diet today. I am already tired and experiencing withdrawal from my beloved sugar/fat regime. just want to sleep, maybe I can sleep for two weeks! I am lucky that I teach and therefore I am not working during this time. I am concerned about turning into a cranky butt!

Jiggleless,

I Am going through the same thing! I am craving sugar so bad! I