Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Day Post Op...what Have I Done?!

I was banded on Friday and now i'm sitting here thinking....what the hell have I done?!? I feel like poo! My mom is getting on my nerves. everytime i moan in pain she says "oh its going to be ok" umm dang it i know it will be ok but i dont feel good NOW! My sweetie is on a buisness trip sending me pictures of him in his tux drinking his champangne and im sitting in bed looking dishelved eating ice chips! There is no turning back now but geez i hope this gets better soon! <end rant> lol thanks for listening! yall are the only ones that understand.

Welcome to the band world! :) The first couple of weeks I had a couple mental break downs. Sobbed like a little baby at times... asking myself the same thing. "What the hell did I get myself into? Why do I go through something so extreme to be "normal" or healthy? This isn't fair? Did I make the right choice? Is something wrong? Am I supposed to be feeling like this?"

Girl... I can't even tell you how much I cried. I still do at times because it's not easy. I was banded Feb 16, 2011. It was the best decision I've ever made for myself. It's been the hardest thing too. People think that weight loss surgery is the easy way out... in my opinion, getting the lap band is one of the hardest. I've retrained my body into thinking whats right and wrong. Without the lap band I wouldn't know the difference between my Protein intake and my Fiber intake

Bottom line is everyone take this journey in their own little way. You have to be careful. Once you get to your 3rd or 4th fill you'll prob start feeling restriction. Like I said, everyone is different though. Up until my 4th fill I didn't have any restriction... I thought something was wrong because if I chose to, I could have eaten everything in front of my face (like I used to).c:-D

I wish you the best of luck with everything. We are here for you, ALWAYS!

<3 Ronni

"What have I done?"

You've taken a big step towards extending your life and leading a much healthier one at the same time.

tmf

:(:unsure:-_-^_^

I hope you feel back to you (only better!) really soon. I've been keeping all bandsters in my thoughts and prayers, will certainly do for you. Best of luck!!!

Hello lady! Well good news is, it really does get better. I was banded on the 6th and im now starting to feel like myself again but everybody is different. I do feel restriction even without the fills. If i overeat, which i have done, i pay the high price of feeling so full its even hard to breath. I know this journey is not the easiest but I sure think its worth it... I just picture myself in that two-piece bikini ive always dreamed ;) so good luck and keep it up i promise u will feel better soon. The first day i felt like royal crap too lol

Im not banded yet so I cant say that I know what you are going through exactly but I know pain very wellso I will be praying for wellness and a positive spirit to be on its way very quickly. In the meantime take care of yourself and take it easy for a few days. I have also heard the gas strips for the gas pain is very helpful.

Give it about 10 days, you'll feel lots better ! I found hot tea ( decaf), and lots of Water, and hot chicken broth ( Campbells)helped.. Im down 44 lbs in 6 months and i have no regrets ! Good luck !

I was banded on Friday and now i'm sitting here thinking....what the hell have I done?!? I feel like poo! My mom is getting on my nerves. everytime i moan in pain she says "oh its going to be ok" umm dang it i know it will be ok but i dont feel good NOW! My sweetie is on a buisness trip sending me pictures of him in his tux drinking his champangne and im sitting in bed looking dishelved eating ice chips! There is no turning back now but geez i hope this gets better soon! <end rant> lol thanks for listening! yall are the only ones that understand.

Believe it or not I'm 1st day to I found I'm better alone I can get cranky fast so I've been here with foxy my dog I'm feeling so much better peeing alot throat feels way better

Try a heating pad. I put it on the pain is gone right away lol

It gets better I promise! As odd as it sounds make sure you are getting up and walking around your house today. It helps move the gas and prevent blood clots. Do you have access to a car? On day two after surgery my mother brought me out. She drove to the store and we walked around costco and a couple other places. Though Costco probably was a mistake- they were giving out fresh baked brownies and the smell was kiillllling me. I would walk about 15-20 minutes and then would need to sit in the car as we drove to another store.

thanks for the positive energy everyone. i do feel a little better today! xoxoxoxx

I was banded on friday !! It hurts but I hope it gets better soon!! Good luck! I wonder... Is your belly swollen ? Mine is really like hard and swollen... And the area around the stitches itch a lot !!!