Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Is Your Surgery Date? And How Are You Feeling About It?

G'day Peeps! My Names Anne... Im 23! Im from the land down under lol!! Heres my story!!

My surgery date is nov 23 '2012' Argh it's still so far away! I had my first consultation with my surgeon nov 13th '11'. I have to wait so long because I'm waiting for my health insurance to mature... I should of got it heaps earlier! The Gap charge for my op is around $5,000 which I didn't save for, I claimed some of my super early for a 'medical procedure'... I'm lucky I applied for an early release when I did because it took ages for them to approve me :-( it was soooo frustrating! my health insurance covers all hospital charges which is $10,000. I still can claim part of that $5,000 After the op through Medicare.. I weighed 115kgs/ 253pounds a week ago im currently weighing 111 kgs / 246 pounds, hoping to lose as much as I can before surgery I know there's still a while to wait but I've starting trying to get use to the shakes already and there's no harm in starting now :-P

I was at my goal weight of 65 kg / 144 pounds, 2 years ago.. I achieved it through Jenny Craig it took around 8 months to get there!

but unfortunately I was diagnosed with intracranial hypertension.. I was so sick, had to resign from work, the Fluid in my head actually damaged my nerves in my eyes and made me see perminant blackness, everything happened so bloody fast, I was put on and off steroids for a while, depression kicked in, i didnt work for a year n a half and the 'new me' soon became the old me again :-( not just that but I have PCOS which doesn't make anything easier!

My sister was banded in march 2010 she has PCOS lost a lot of weight and may 2011 she fell preggers and has a beautiful baby boy who is now 4 months old :-D she has just had her first fill since having her son and is slowly getting back into good habits :-)

I'm feeling excited, nervous, anxious happy about hearing all these great success stories,just want time to pass already but I think time has gone so fast already since my first consultation lol would love to hear others stories!

<3 Annie E

Xx

<3 Anniie Noelle

I have no idea what you just said(PCOS, Intracranial hypertension?) but it sounds awful?

Welcome to the forum!

tmf

Haha it's easier to understand if you search it on the net

<3 Anniie Noelle

My surgery is June 27 and I am super freaking excited! I started my preop diet early to prepare myself and it's slowly become easier.

My date is set for Nov 8 and i am very excited and nervous too!. I am 55 years old and am about 80 lbs overweight. I have been ovefweight since my teens. Every once in a while I would lose weight but overtime I gain it back.

How do you deal with spouse that are not happy you are going for surgery. He is afraid something might happen and I just told my parents about it and I dont thing they are too happy either.

But I am excited and know this isn't a easy road but one I am looking to conquer

B

My surgery is Nov 7th. I'm on my second week of the liquid shakes. So far so good.

It is strange, my doctor Kurt Roberts, doesn't do the 2 wk liquid diet prior to surgery, so I am plugging along here just waiting for my day. I was suppose to get my bloodwork done today, but the impending Hurricane cancelled my appt. I was actually thinking about doing the liquid diet the last few days before my date. Good luck with your surgery.

It is strange, my doctor Kurt Roberts, doesn't do the 2 wk liquid diet prior to surgery, so I am plugging along here just waiting for my day. I was suppose to get my bloodwork done today, but the impending Hurricane cancelled my appt. I was actually thinking about doing the liquid diet the last few days before my date. Good luck with your surgery.

My doc doesnt do the pre op diet either, my surgery is the 8th, so just waiting it out, bloodwork is tomorrow.

My date is set for Nov 8 and i am very excited and nervous too!. I am 55 years old and am about 80 lbs overweight. I have been ovefweight since my teens. Every once in a while I would lose weight but overtime I gain it back.

How do you deal with spouse that are not happy you are going for surgery. He is afraid something might happen and I just told my parents about it and I dont thing they are too happy either.

But I am excited and know this isn't a easy road but one I am looking to conquer

B

After reading your story I am sorry your don't have more family support. Your hubby should be happy for you because you will be healthier and be around longer for him. As for your parents, they may be from the old school. Surgery scares us all, but its their daughter going thru it. People don't understand we do this surgery for our selves. No one else. God gave surgeons a gift to give us this tool to help us be healthier. Thank God we have this availbable or I would be so lost battleing diet after diet. You hang in there and continue to tell them the postivie things and the wonderful outcome of this. Your husband has to work on his insecurities. Show him all the wonderful benefits from it. And agree with him yes, sometimes things don't go as we want them too. That is where faith in your doctor and spiritual needs come in. I wish you well and hope everythig continues to only go as you intend it too. Take Care....

Thank you all for your support. I just got back from my pre op stuff at the hospital all that is left is my physical with my primary doctor and I am good to go next Thursday.

Hey everyone. Im on nov 30th and i just got told that im now a morning case. So countdown! On Optifast im starving all the time!!!!! Its my second band so i know it will work and the melbourne bariatric centre is fantastic compared to a single surgen in hobart!!!!