Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went to my PCP today to start my 6mo wt visits and he prescribed me Phentermine and told me to eat well and exercise it will help suppress my appetite. Has anyone ever taken this? I'm kind I'd nervous to take it any help is welcomed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone weight.png

Years ago i took it and lost 40llbs in 3 months. But gained it back once i stopped taking it. Then in the past year or two i tried it again and it didnt work well for me, i think my body grew immune to it. But it does give you energy.

It is basically baby speed. It makes ur heart rate speed up

I also took this years ago to loose weight but I have not heard of any bander having to take this too.

now I'm gonna get some prescribed!

I've taken it twice. For me it worked really well and gave me the energy to actually work out. I lost 35 to 40 pounds each time... But gained it back plus some when I stoped taking it. It works while you are taking it... But it'd hard to keep it off without it.

Hopefully it will work well for you under a dr's supervision. Good luck!!

I've taken it. I would suggest you start on a Friday morning, because you will be so wired the first couple of days that it will be hard to sleep. After the first 2-3 days, you will get in a better pattern, but those initial days are insane!!! It does work as long as you take it daily.

I tried it a coouple of months ago. I was only able to tolerate it for about 5 days. It made my blood pressure go way up.

Thank you all for the input!! My surgeon wants me to lose close to 40 lbs before surgery so I guess I'll try it :/

Sent from my iPhone weight.png

I took it a few different time! Made me really talk a lot and super energetic! Not a bad thing really. I did worry it made my heart hurt but maybe it was just anxiety? I read online it is banned in the UK because of heart issues. I found that odd because usually the US is pickier about drugs?

I guess for the most part it was awesome but I think it was because I was high on legal speed lol!

It will keep you energized I had the cleanest house ever when I was on them it was squeaky clean but my blood pressure kept spiking so they had to take me off

My APRN prescribed it to me when I only lost 8 lbs in one month (granted I just got back from vacation two days prior to the appt) anyway, when I first took it I lost 21 lbs in 6 weeks, now that my body is getting used to it I've probably only lost a few pounds this past month, more than likely I'll need a fill.

I feel like my body gets immuned to any sort of medication quickly (ie six weeks) so I don't know long term this is going to work, unless she has me double up on the medication, we will see on Monday when I go back.

My APRN prescribed it to me when I only lost 8 lbs in one month (granted I just got back from vacation two days prior to the appt) anyway, when I first took it I lost 21 lbs in 6 weeks, now that my body is getting used to it I've probably only lost a few pounds this past month, more than likely I'll need a fill.

I feel like my body gets immuned to any sort of medication quickly (ie six weeks) so I don't know long term this is going to work, unless she has me double up on the medication, we will see on Monday when I go back.

thatwas always the case for me it is made to increase your metabolism to make you burn more caloires than normal and it supresses your apetite I would lose really good for about a month and then I would not take them for one week( work to maitain the loss) then I would start again as I said I like them and I was successful but my blodd pressure made me no longer a candidate even with me losing wieght my BP would just spike