Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1600-2000 Calories And I Still Lost Weight

I agree too. I love running and spinning, truly enjoy them. Over the years here, people have marvelled that I'm so dedicated to exercise - I mean I ran right through chemo, radiation, surgery. But I truly love and enjoy it.

I'm as lazy as the next person when it comes to say, weight lifting. Hate it. Its boring. Dont get a buzz from it. Start it occasionally coz I feel guilty and get sucked into the whole theory. But theory means jack sh*t if you dont want to do it! Consistency has paid off for me, it may have taken longer than it strictly had to but I got the body I wantfd by cardio - much as people love to say it wont work.

Likewise diets. I dont give a fig for your high Protein low carb theories. I know I cant eat that way. I know I need some fun food in my life. I know I want to eat what I want and not track, weigh and measure. Most of the time I eat well, some days, I have Cookies for lunch! I let my band do its thing, it controls portions all of the time and I am in charge of quality control for most of the time. So Judy and Bigenuff, I reckon keep doing what you're doing, its working for you and dont get sucked into what others believe you should or should not do.

At the end of the day, and I've really learned this after maintaining for so long - you need to be able to do wat you're doing FOREVER. End of story. You cannot go back to your old ways so if your new ways require amazing discipline, sacrfice and vigilance, you'd etter be sure you can keep it up or some regain is inevitable - even WITH a lapband.

i agree... and this is why im not letting myself get caught up with exercise. Ive never been on for a lot of exercise, i have more than enough with a large house and a huge garden. Even so, we do have beautiful walks here, on the sea shore. i will do that in summer though, and for sheer enjoyment only. I know if i got involved in gyms etc that it wouldnt last, so im not even going to start trying. i do love to swim though. i was going to travel with my eldest daughter to a mineral pool thats naturally heated and swim in this winter, but she hasnt been well so weve not started yet. HOpefully we will. Swimming i just love so much. The Water here is very cold except in summer when its just warm enough. Im very comfortable and confident with what im doing.... three months or more out from banding has shown me pretty much what my experience is goign to be long term i think. im very happy with it. I had a fill a week ago today and my band is still not settled completely yet. im having Soups and mashed veges with a soft egg for meals .... not much else,apart from Protein Drink.

Oh wow. I can't believe that never even occurred to me. I just thought my wife and I were getting old!

We actually just moved to southern California because the Vermont winters -- though beautiful -- were cutting right to the bone these last few years. And now that you mention it, it really started to get to us after losing weight.

Granted, there were other factors, too. I got some serious 3rd degree sunburn a few years back, and that same year I ended up having to walk several miles to get gas on a windy -30º day. My tolerance for the cold has been on the decline ever since.

But on the plus side, it is much easier to pile on more layers when it's cold than it is to strip them off when it's super hot. There's a limit, when it comes to decency. All in all, being more comfortable in the heat and less in the cold is still a good tradeoff I think. ;)

so you have noticed cold more?? i agree with you, its hard to know why we get more sensitive to cold, especially as we get older. Our winter temps are lower this year, consistently, and ive really felt it a lot. I can remember though when i was years younger and able to lose weight, id had a lot of weight loss and i was cold all the time. Feeling cold now has brought it all back to me. It is easier though to rug up enough to be warm. i do that now. wear a scarf inside where ive never had to do that before... but, hey, what does a scarf matter so long as im warm? lol. AS for being over hot... its way harder to deal with that one. Fortunately we dont have stinking hot days here in summer. OUr zone is temperate... and its good in summer.

Ive been moaning and worn my coat all day in the classroom as it was 12 celcius here in Melbourne, freezing, lol! I dont know how Id go in a Vermont winter!

Ive been moaning and worn my coat all day in the classroom as it was 12 celcius here in Melbourne, freezing, lol! I dont know how Id go in a Vermont winter!

Jachut... ive been moaning and parking my backside right in front of our wood heater in southern tasmania.... we had 7. lol.

AS for being over hot... its way harder to deal with that one. Fortunately we dont have stinking hot days here in summer.

Agreed. After a point, if you take off more clothes, the police come. o.0

They've actually been on the mild side the last couple years overall, but just the constant cold punctuated by the bitter teeth of windchill. Yikes.

So yeah -- now we're glad to bask in the temperate, year-round 60s-80s of southern California.

My wife, however, still puts on her jacket and flannels when it dips below 75...