Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on the 5th (Tuesday) and am home on full liquids. So far so good. Yesterday was on small amounts of clears in the hospital. I have tried the Protein Drinks, a few spoonfulls of yogurt and broth. Not really hungry yet but know I will be. Discouraged because I have gained weight so far and am above where I was preop, Glad to hear how my fellow banders are doing.

I know how u feel Aummie! I was up a couple lbs yesterday but now coming off. I am having Tomato Soup Jello pudding broth and crystal light so far. Everything seems to settle pretty well. I'm not hungry but trying to stay hydrated! Good luck everyone!

I was banded in the 6th some pain but mostly I think it is gas......peeing takes forever. And I am in Clear Liquids for a week then mushy food for a week then I can start reg foods. I am not hungry but like someone else posted just trying to get appropriate amount of liquids in.

Anybody else having trouble sleeping through the night? Any suggestions?

Yes!! I am also having trouble sleeping. I am up every couple of hours and I am not sure why? I am not in that much pain!! I was wondering if the pain meds had anything to do with it? What pain meds are you taking if any?

I was banded in the 6th some pain but mostly I think it is gas......peeing takes forever. And I am in clear liquids for a week then mushy food for a week then I can start reg foods. I am not hungry but like someone else posted just trying to get appropriate amount of liquids in.

I TOO WAS BANDED YESTERDAY AND LAST NIGHT I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME sleeping SO I TOOK ALMOST EVERY PILLOW IN THE HOUSE AND SUPPORTED MY BACK AND SIDES AND SLEPT AT AN ANGLE IT MADE IT MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE BUT I STILL DIDNT sleep WELL. IM NOT THE LEAST BIT HUNGRY AS WELL AND GOT SCOLDED AT THE HOSPITAL CUZ I WAS DRINKING FLUIDS TOO FAST LOL I HAVNT HAD A PROBLEM WITH EMISES YET SO I THINK IM DOING FINE. TODAY I SEEM TO BE QUIT A BIT MORE SWOLLEN AND ONLY REALLY HURT WHEN IM GETTING UP... GOOD LUCK AND STAY IN TOUCH IM EXCITED TO FOLLOW YOUR JOURNEY AS WELL...

:rolleyes:

Yes!! I am also having trouble sleeping. I am up every couple of hours and I am not sure why? I am not in that much pain!! I was wondering if the pain meds had anything to do with it? What pain meds are you taking if any?

I went through the same thing! Your boby is trying to adjust to the change.Cant sleep cause you can't get in the positions that your use to.Not hungry but your body is telling you time to eat,so that you can go to sleep.Use that heating pad it will help you sleep a little longer,but it's just gonna take about three weeks to get back to normal.

I am also having trouble sleeping I think it partly to do with pain meds (I am on liquid Percocet and ultram). I wish I had a heating pad :o(

They have me on liquid loritab but I'm not taking it very often so not really sure about that.

Last night was my first whole night of sleep. I have been restless almost every night since Tuesday when I hady surgery. Pretty much just taking the pain med right before bed and in morning. Not feeling too bad a little sore but that's to be expected. Started to get hungry though- grrrr of course I'm having troubles trying to get in more than 20 ounces a day so I'm guessing I really am hungry. I don't want to overdue it but then I don't have enough time to get all my drinks and meals in. My directions say to take 15 min to take in 1 ounce of creamed Soup or whatever but a meal should be like 3 ounces but I can't eat 3 ounces over 45 min without losing interest. My goal is to do better today.

Good luck on the sleep it will start to come soon I hope for you.

Still difficult to sleep for me. As soon as I try to roll towards either side it REALLY hurts. Going to try another night on the couch since I can use it to turn over. Liquids going down well. Just having trouble getting the Protein in

I was so happy to get on the scale today..... down 8 pounds from pre op finally!! Not really hungry but BOY are there food ads on TV and smells are bothering me as well. SO we will see.

I was so happy to get on the scale today..... down 8 pounds from pre op finally!! Not really hungry but BOY are there food ads on TV and smells are bothering me as well. SO we will see.

I'm in the same boat...smells are killing me! I can't be in the same room while my family eats. I to got on the scale (a 5 letter word I don't like using!) today and have lost 6 lbs...kind of put it all in perspective for me HERE WE GO!!!

I was banded on the fifth and was told clear liquids for three full days because the stomach is so sore and going through such a trial... But you're having thick protien shakes on day two? It's so odd that different drs ave different rules yet we all basically had the same operation

I was. Banded on may 29th... Clear clear liquids for a couple of days and then started Right in g with Protein shakes... And to be honest and say that I have cheated a little bit here with roasted beets for mashed up Potatos even a little bit of bread Once.... Everything seems to be digested pretty well nothing seems to be sore and nothing seems to be moved who the hell knows.. And I have blown it I might not have I'm just taking it really slow going to have my own pace and being 95 percent good... What else could we do?

Still difficult to sleep for me. As soon as I try to roll towards either side it REALLY hurts. Going to try another night on the couch since I can use it to turn over. Liquids going down well. Just having trouble getting the Protein in

Just wanted to let you guys know that I was banded May 29 and I was finally able to sleep for a bit on my stomach (my preferred way to fall asleep) on day 11. sleeping on my side was ok after day 3. It gets better. Hang in there!!