Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BBW dating sites...

I was just reading someones post about a Jerky boyfriend and i was just wondering if any of you single ladies..or men have tired them? I didnt want to at first but a friend convinced me. Low and behold I met my current boyfriend on one and i couldnt be happier! hes a peach!

Of course now that most of us here are banded we might not be considered BBW for much longer :) ... but seriously it was one of the best things i ever did for myself in terms of self esteem and feeling good about how i looked and felt about myself (no matter what size). It made me realise that that not every man/woman wants an annorexic arm charm to love! I didnt have to pretend i was something i wasnt...and that can be hard..esp online. Not every guy i met was as wonderful as my bf...but i have to say everyone was an experience in its own! And each one took me one step closer to finding the man of my dreams (as corny as it may sound and I KNOW it sounds corny).

SOOOOO... im curious to hear if anyone else has had any experiences with dating online...if sooo- please share.

Yep.... I met my husband online. He's also a peach. :)

I met my husband online a little over 6 years ago now. Not at a dating site - at a webcam site. I was in South Carolina, he was in Australia. I now live in Australia and am happier than ever :)

I met my hubby online when I was 16 (I'm 25 now so that was almost 10 years ago) and we were good buddies. When I turned 19 he came over to the US to visit. I'm now living in Portugal and we have been married almost 2 years.

wow! its soooo interesting to hear that so many people have met there significant others online! thats sooo great! remember when it was like taboo to tell anyone u met someone online???! hahahah! my! how the times have changed! seems like everyones hookin' up online nowadays :)

I met my husband online going on 11 years ago, we are going on 7 years being married, with 2 kids and we are as happy as ever.

Well I am not a woman however I did meet my wife on the internet in late 1996. It was not a dating site just a chat cafe. I was here in Louisiana and she was in Norway. We met in person during the spring of 98 and were married December of 98 and have been together since. We now have a daughter.:)

Dawg and I met online in a chat room in the fall of 1998. Dawg lived in England and I lived here in Idaho. We spent hundreds of hours talking and getting to really know each other. He even spent lots of hours talking to my kids who were teens at that time. He and my 13 year old son grew very close. Dawg gave him much needed male support and advice during some tough adolescent times.

We met in person on April 21, 1999 when he flew over to stay with us for three weeks. I don't think we had one moment of awkwardness between each other. It was as if he'd returned home. And when he left, we all cried. In August, Dawg gave notice at his job, sold everything he had and came back to me on September 1st. We were married on September 21, 1999.

And no, we don't communicate with each other on computers from opposite ends of the house. Duh. We did our time communicating online and wouldn't go back to that for anything. We have a nice office with our desks side by side and we enjoy making friends and chatting with others online - together. Nuttin weird about that at all.

My husband and I met online. He is truly a wonderful, kind and understanding man and I would never have met him otherwise. We've been together 10 years, married for 6.

After my husband's mom died, his dad (who was in his early 70s) met a terrific woman online and got remarried.

So it really is possible to meet great people online and have the relationship work out!