Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating In Evening, Not In Morning

Hello. I've been banded for almost 4 years and have lost 95 pounds, give or take a few. I had a fill in January and was very restricted for about 2 weeks. Since then, the band has worked like I had hoped. I would eat a little and be full. I had to be careful, small bites, chew, chew, chew. However, for about a month, I drink my usual 12 oz Protein Shake in the morning and coffee, yogurt for lunch, 48 oz. of Water throughout the day and then eat and drink whatever I'm hungry for, for dinner. The problem is that the evening eating is getting more and more. It seems like I can eat a lot some times and then other times things just get stuck. I think getting enough water has a lot to do with it but I'm scheduled to see my doctor in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure if I need a fill or not. I don't weigh myself a lot but I think I've lost about 5 pounds since January. I'd like to lose another 15. Any suggestions???? Thanks

In a year and half banded. Every day is so different but I'm the same way. I really don't eat much until dinner. Maybe have a Protein Bar or drink in late afternoon. Up the Protein. It's hit or miss on stick episodes at dinner.

It seems you are eating sliders in the morning and for lunch-I am guessing this is making you hungry in the evening. Try packing some Snacks that aren't mushies or liquid. I do know they go down easier and are a lot less trouble to deal with-but maybe you need to be eating a little more substance througout the day. You might be hungry and eating too fast or too much becuase you really haven't had any solids, I pack a yogurt, nuts, granola, banana, and snack throughout the day. This week I packed some watermelon-thank God no one was in my office because my stomache sure did make some crazy noises! lol Sounds like you are doing an awesome job-congrats!!

I'm a year and a half post op and I have had the same problem for a couple months. Since surgery, I have had virtually no hunger, so I don't usually eat during the day. At supper time I eat with my family and sometimes I can eat a lot and sometimes not much. I have really tried to figure this out, and for one thing, I am scheduled for a fill next week, but I also realized I was gravitating towards easy food to eat. Those were the times I could eat a house. When I eat the right foods, and chew really well, I am satisfied and do better. I also am trying to get a handle on my head hunger again, since I know I am not physically hungry, I realize it's all in my head. Also, I ignore evening and late night commercials, way too many food commercials :) Great job on your loss so far and good luck to your on your future loss!

Thanks gang. I think there is something to the eating sliders during the day. I'm going to try to add a couple of solids during the day and see if that helps.

I'm also coughing/choking at night and sometimes coughing up liquids and evening meds. It really burns my throat and makes it sore in the morning. I'm going to start taking meds earlier in evening.

If your coughing and choking at night, then I think your band is too tight. Those are signs of a tight band. Definetly don't get a fill. You may need a slight unfill. Try to eat more solids. I got a .5 cc fill the other week and on the fence about getting a unfill. Before the fill, I could eat what I wanted.(but no weight loss) Now its a hit or miss. One day the chicken does down fine. The next day not so much. A lot of it has to do with me chewing well. I have a hard time with that and the band will let me know.

I am postop a little over two months, and I feel the same way after my second fill. I get really hungry in the evenings. My Dr. told me to eat some solid protien mid afternoon. I was thinking about beef Jerky. Does anyone eat jerky?