Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Watermelon Saved The Day

If you are struggling with Constipation eat a watermelon all through the day I've been backed up since surgery, normally would have popped dulcolax, but kinda scared since I'm 9 days out, woke up this morning and it literally all came out, sorry if I grossed anyone out, LOL. Water is the key when it comes to constipation, just remember to chew chew chew, by the time I swallow it's liquified, watermelon is 92%.water for those who can't seem to get the 64 oz's in.

I've been banded since 2007 and still have this problem! My co-worker gave me chia seeds (yes like chia pet lol) and they are suppossed to help with getting things going in that area. She got a big bag at a really expensive grocery store in the city we work in for $6.00 so it's probably less expensive elsewhere, she puts about a tablespoon or so in her Water.

I haven't tried it yet, I will later on today and let you know how it tastes and if it works.

Constipation sucks!

Never heard of that before, but will research it and possibly try it, just would hate to have a chia growing inside of me....lol, but let me know if it works for you.

Never heard of that before, but will research it and possibly try it, just would hate to have a chia growing inside of me....lol, but let me know if it works for you.

Haha... Chia is super healthy and will not turn you into a chia pet. I also make home made cannelloni bean dip and eat it with whole grain crackers for a Fiber boost.

-Cordelia, banded 1/08

Flax seed ( powder form) and psyllium husk added to shakes, smoothies or food helps also!

Why can't we take a laxative pill? Everyone suggests MoM or benefiber or other things, but not a regular laxative in pill form. I was just banded Tuesday, so I'm still new!

I've been banded since 2008 and still have that problem. I use a stool softner from Walgreen's or Wal-Mart every night. This was recommended by my doctor right after I started having problems. Don't let it go to long before you do something, it can really make you miserable.

Yes like the above post says, don't let Constipation go too long!! I had my surgery in December (around the 17th?) 2009 and hadn't taken a poo and went to the emergency room in January 2010 for an impaction! They did X-rays and the doctor told me I was, well, full of sh*t! Enemas every 4 hours is not fun! I still go many days without a bm but end up doing a laxative.

If you are struggling with Constipation eat a watermelon all through the day I've been backed up since surgery, normally would have popped dulcolax, but kinda scared since I'm 9 days out, woke up this morning and it literally all came out, sorry if I grossed anyone out, LOL. Water is the key when it comes to constipation, just remember to chew chew chew, by the time I swallow it's liquified, watermelon is 92%.water for those who can't seem to get the 64 oz's in.

thanks for this. im two months out and having big issues still.