Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To Site....not Yet Banded...in The Process Of It All

My name is Trina I'm 30 years old 5'4 255 lbs. Although some of that weight is muscle because I do weight lifting, I am still not happy with my stomach area.

I have been struggling with my weight for some time now, and after losing 40 lbs on my own by working out twice a day 5 days a week, and then gaining it back after an accident, I decided that not only was my work out routine not realistic, but that I needed a tool! So I decided to go with the band, and am in the program now running tests before my date is scheduled.

Just a little bit on ME

Welcome Trina! You will find a lot of support here. Good luck on your journey.

Welcome!! There is so much information on this site to assist you with your journey, along with all the wonderful people here to ask for advice! Good luck!!

Welcome Trina! You will find many friends on here that share their stories and are a wonderful support!

Welcome! So much info and support here, it's been a great lifeline on this journey! Congrats on your decision.

Welcome! Set realistic goals for yourself. I also tend to carry a lot if muscle but it would take an insane amount of working out and diet for me to lose weight. I finally got my band in January of this year and after a month or so I have steadily lost about a pound a week. I'm down 25lbs at this point and because I was on the lighter side of people who normally get the surgery at 232lbs the 25 lbs has made a huge difference. Also, I rarely feel hungry now which is just beyond freaking amazing to me. Just be prepared that if you have less to lose than a lot of the people on this site and you are some what muscular already you might be a slow loser like me. Also when you start to seriously work out again (I work out 5 times a week) the scale may not move for a couple of weeks. Just try to be patient, it will start moving again : ).

Welcome Trina,

You came to the right place and website. I found this by accident and have no desire to look for others'. Everyone on here has been so supportive and positive and if we're feeling a little negative, it's at ourselves, we're never negative towards other's, there's always someone to pick you up. What ever you decide to do, I wish you the best.

Thank you all for the welcome and kind words! i can tell I have come to the right place and can't wait to share with yous my journey.

Welcome! Set realistic goals for yourself. I also tend to carry a lot if muscle but it would take an insane amount of working out and diet for me to lose weight. I finally got my band in January of this year and after a month or so I have steadily lost about a pound a week. I'm down 25lbs at this point and because I was on the lighter side of people who normally get the surgery at 232lbs the 25 lbs has made a huge difference. Also, I rarely feel hungry now which is just beyond freaking amazing to me. Just be prepared that if you have less to lose than a lot of the people on this site and you are some what muscular already you might be a slow loser like me. Also when you start to seriously work out again (I work out 5 times a week) the scale may not move for a couple of weeks. Just try to be patient, it will start moving again : ).

thanks for the advice...I have never been quite big on the 'number on the scale' but rather on the size of my waist...once I feel difference in my clothes I know i'm progressing..according to stats I am 105 lbs overweight...BUT I know that I am very solid as I have always worked out so besides big chest and belly...i'm fine haha

Welcome!! I am also new to this journey!

Sent from my iPhone weight.png

Welcome!! I am also new to this journey!

Sent from my iPhone weight.png

my best wishes throughout your journey!