Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my 6 week post op appointment yesterday. I'm totally cleared to go back to do everything-no restrictions. Dr. said healing is best he's seen in this amount of time. Part of it is genetics but part is the fact I still use the compression garments and the silicone strips at night. If you anyone lives in Texas... I highly recommend dr Adam. I'll post pics in a little while. I'm done with elective surgery. .... I will say my least favore part has been Lipo. I only had a little done to support the main surgeries but it hurts like heck.

Misty,

I hear you. My arms are the things I hate the most. I go for a consult with a plastic surgeon Monday about brachioplasty. Hopefully the price won't be too outrageous.

Hi Rebecca or is it Misty? You look AMAZING! I'm also a Michigander. :) I am about 4 weeks (almost 5) post op Tummy Tuck, Back Lift, Panni and Brachioplasty. I didn't have much pain. My arms just felt really tight and still do. They look sooooo much better. I too hated my bat wings. If I can figure out how to post photos on here I'll post them. Please feel free to private message me / friend me to know more if you'd like. Where are you here in Michigan. I'm in the Detroit area.

Hey misty.

Re: which surgery to do first... Whatever is bothering you most is probably the one to do first. Seems like you have identified that. I did the Tummy Tuck because the skin there was so much...it bothered me most. It's funny because I only did the breast lift as a secondary operation because I was going under for the TT and it's been my favorite. But I'm happy with all 3

Re: being at goal. For me... The TT was very important to be at goal. But 15 lbs is not a lot so you can start the process. It takes a little while to get to the actual operation due to research, planning etc.

I recommend to see at least 3 doctors to get good input. I had a few twists and turns in my research. My lap and doctor suggested one plastic surgeon. I was thinking this may be good because my lap band doctor was great. .. This plastic surgeon was willing to do 6 procedures at once...so I knew that wasn't good. Also I saw a picture of someone he worked on and the results were not great. I then booked a well known celebrity surgeon down here that was on a tv show at the time. he would've been ok. But I then looked at some Lapband girls plastic surgery. I found one girl that looked amazing and went to see her doctor. I moved my surgery to him and have been thrilled. My point in all of this is to do thorough research. And since it takes time....you could be at goal by the time of the operation.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Josie

post-205595-13813134205191_thumb.jpg

Post op 6 weeks

post-217065-13813140165312_thumb.jpg

post-205595-1381313420539_thumb.jpg

Scars 6 weeks post op. I need my husband to take more pics. It's hard to take good ones by myself.

post-217065-13813140166099_thumb.jpg

post-204296-13813134205596_thumb.jpg

This is last Christmas. I don't have pre-op photos yet. My arms look like thighs. Once my doctor sends pre-ops I'll send on.

post-217065-13813140166904_thumb.jpg

Josie - Your arms look great!

Sue

Thanks sue. Hope you're doing well.... It's nice to "know" one person (you) on this board. ;) Seems like a whole new crop of people on here

Be well

Josie

How did it go. I also am considering it but a few people I know stated it was more painful than anything...

I had bracioblasty done on June 18th and I found the pain to be very tolerable. I also had a pannilectomy, abdominoplasty and back lift. I was off the big pain meds the Saturday after surgery and was just taking Tylenol ES. Everyone is different though and some have higher pain tolerances than others.

Josie! Thank you so much for your frank discussion and photos!

I have curently lost 85 lb and am at the 60% weightloss goal. I have known for a long time I would need to have my "wings" clipped but was afraid of the cost! I think now I can use this remaining weight loss time to save for the brachioplasty!

:-)

post-207930-13813134254743_thumb.jpg

Here is a pre-op photo.... I'll post the doctor's post op next.

post-207930-13813134255078_thumb.jpg

6 weeks post op

post-217065-13813140246758_thumb.jpg

post-217065-13813140247259_thumb.jpg

post-208113-13813134255409_thumb.jpg

One more pre op photo....

post-217065-13813140247881_thumb.jpg

I had bracioblasty done on June 18th and I found the pain to be very tolerable. I also had a pannilectomy, abdominoplasty and back lift. I was off the big pain meds the Saturday after surgery and was just taking Tylenol ES. Everyone is different though and some have higher pain tolerances than others.

I was the same .. biggest pain was the darn drainage tubes but 5 days later they were out and no more pain just a little sore and uncomfortable but all my scars felt better with the compression garments on, i wore them constantly for 6 weeks post op, and now i leave them off during the day, just wear them of a night now .. it does help the scars heal flatter i was told. U also need to massage them if they heal a little tighter than is comfortable, this stretches the scar tissue, i had to do this where they extended the scar under both my arm pits.. good luck. I had 9lbs of skin removed from all of my surgery lost 9 inches off each arm tho :)