Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi,

i am going in for brachioplasty tomorrow and am really nervous. i had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift 2 years ago and was not nervous at all. My doctor told me the last operation was alot more complicated (8 hours vs. tomorrow 2 1/2 hrs). i'm sure i will be fine. i LOVE my plastic surgeon. he is so professional and really good at what he does. my scars from my last surgery are barely noticeable. Altho' he did say these will be more noticeable because they run against the grain vs. the TT runs with the grain of your body.

but i really hate my batwings....so batwings be gone!

anyway...just wanted to jump on and check in

josie

Hi there,

I am in the process of looking into a full body lift, and specifically an arm lift. Would you mind telling me how much your procedures cost? I'm very scared to find out the cost..have a feeling it is way out of my budget :(

I'm so excited for you! I had my arm lift done 4 weeks ago and I am so thrilled with the results. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck tomorrow! On Thurs I will be 4 weeks out from my brachioplasty with chest wall reduction. I'm happy with my results despite having complications... Hope all goes well! Let us know how your doing!

Hey Josie!

Best wishes to you for a quick recovery.

Sue

hi everyone,

thanks for the well wishes.... it definitely was easier then the TT and breast lift. Coloradobanding...i paid 5500 for the brachioplasty. i went to the same doctor that did my TT/breast lift.

my arms are still a bit swollen but i love the results already. my arms made me look fat even when i was under goal weight.

since i was under anesthesia anyway... i had my top eyelid lifted and something called pearl fraxel for my face (some lazer thing). that was a pain in the butt but i'm loving the results.

i have to say i'm done with elective surgery. i can see how this can be addictive. now i'm going to continue to work on conquering the head-hunger part and accepting me as i am... i think that is what this journey is ultimately about for me.

vanillasky + betheboo... how long did you leave the compression garments on? my arms actually feel better with them on.... my doctor said the longer the better altho' 2 weeks is the least amount he recommends.

hey sue...how are you? i'm recognizing less and less people on LBT.

thanks

josie

I'm so glad you are recovering well! I wore my pressure garment for 2 weeks my surgeon said that's all that was needed but like you It felt good to have them on so what I did was after the 2 weeks I wore them only when I was home then after a week of doing that I only slept in them and did that for 1 week and then quit wearing them. I have been looking into doing my upper eyelids as well are you happy with those results? I have been debating on having them done now or wait 5 more years and have it done with a mini facelift.

I started going a few hrs during the day with the garment off @ 4 wks & went to just @ night after a few days. By week 5 I stopped wearing it all together. I'm fully healed now & very happy with my results. I use a shay butter bar in the shower, mederma, & cocoa butter lotion to help with my scars.

Thanks for the feedback girls...

Vanilla: re: eyelids.. To be honest I'm not sure I'm happy I did these. My left eye is still swollen and won't close all the way. I know I'm only 2 weeks out so it's still getting better. I think I may have jumped the gun doing this. I probably didn't need it yet.

Also if I could do it over.... I would go to someone that specializes in the face. I'm realizing body plastics and face are way different.

At one point I told my husband to call me Paris Hilton. Not sure if you ever watch south park but they did a whole spoof on her and her messed up eye. Lol!

Thanks again for compression info.....

Josie

Thank you for the info. Keep me posted on how your eye swelling goes if you don't mind.

Absolutely will keep you posted.... My eyes are getting better each day.

Question: I'm 2 weeks and 1 day out from the brachiolasty. I wake up fine. Then at 3:00 in the afternoon my arms start really hurting. I don't take the pain meds unless the Tylenol doesn't work.

I feel like the first week my arms didn't hurt as much. Could be because I was taking meds more regularly back then.

I feel like I'm expecting too much too early.

When I had my TT/breast lift I was in a recliner for a month but that was definitely the "big kahoona" compared to this one....

Anyway was just wondering...

Thanks

Josie

Josie, I'm in Houston and would love to meet. Where are you? I'm scheduled for the breast lift/augmentation and neck lift on Aug 9th. Still recovering from abdominoplasty.

Karen

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

post-275838-13813140120105_thumb.jpg

post-275838-13813140120588_thumb.jpg

Hi Karen,

I actually live in eagle lake now which is about 40 miles west of Katy. I come into Katy and Houston 2-3 times a week. I'm free during the days... Nights are a bit tough.

Let me know what works for you....

Josie

Hi Josie! My daughter lives about 10 miles west of Katy and that's quite a drive! I work days.... Let me know if you know of any good lapband support groups in Houston.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I am a 1 year and 8 mos post surgery and have lost half my body weight. I'm about 15# from goal and have decided I NEED Brachioplasty. I can't stand my bat wings. People tell me that is the first thing they notice to lead them to beleive I had rapid weight loss. I'm curious if anyone can offer advice on the procedure. I live in Michigan. Does insurance ever cover these surgial procedures due to weight loss? I also know I need a TT and Breast Lift but the arms are so noticable.

Thank you!

Rebecca