Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie - First Day Of Liquid Diet - June 12Th Banded

Hello all,

My name is Te'Nesha. I'm 26 years old and about to take one of the most important and life changing journeys of my life. Today, I began my "protein shake" liquid diet. Two weeks. Oh boy. My surgery is scheduled for June 12th with True Results in San Antonio, TX. My surgeon is Dr. Gerardo Carcamo.

I am nervous, anxious, and a little scared. But I am trusting God everything will turn out just fine. I truly appreciate everyone’s comments within this website. I have been actively visiting this site for the past couple of months. I feel adequately prepared. I look forward to the "shoulder pain", "gas pains", not "getting stuck", "hiccups", and every other issue I have read about.

I look forward to talking with you all. If ANYONE is getting banded on June 12th or around that time, I WOULD LOVE A BAND BUDDY!!!!

Thanks!

hi pr how are you? hang in there with that liquid diet. i am on day 7 and it goes by quickly. just keep busy, drink alot of fluids/crystal light/chicken broth/SF popsicles. my first 2 days were the hardest but with a positive attitude like you have, i am sure you will succeed wonderfully :) i am rooting for you. i am being banded on the 6th.

Good luck to you. I only have 4 days left on my 14 day liquid diet. I would like to tell you that it get easier but every day has been a struggle for me. I have lost 15 lbs so it does work if you stick to it. Drinking lots of fluids and chicken broth does help and the SF popsicles are a nice treat.

You are making a good change in your life and the struggles will all be worth it soon. :)

Welcome! The liquid diet to me was harder than post-op, but I kept focusing on the fact it is temporary and it too will pass. You will get to eat again. This will all be worth it in the end. I looked at a lot of success stories while I was on pre-op and that helped me. I also stayed out of the kitchen.

I will be 2 weeks post op and haven't had any issues really other than just being sore. I did feel dizzy here and there but realized that I was not drinking enough Water. I am slowly starting soft foods this week. You will do fine just follow your doctors advice.

I am also in San Antonio but I had my surgery at BMI. I am on myfitnesspal as pookietx. If you want to join add me. It's a great site to help track everything.

Hi Te'Nesha! My name is Ashlee, and I'm being banded at Foundations Hospital in San Antonio by Dr. Mike Seger from BMI. I'm on the pre-op liquid diet too. We're really close to each other, and I need a Band Buddy too. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches