Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? For Spinners

So I recently bought myself a professional grade spin bike. Put it in my living room so I can't ignore it ;)

Questions :

How long do ur work outs last?

Do you recommend ne videos?

Or do u just go on ur own?

Do u think I should go to a class for hints olr just web search?

The gym I belong to doesn't have spin bikes, only recumbent ones, & doesn't have classes. This is why I purchased my own. I belong to anytime fitness. The local YMCA does have spin classes & I've thought about going to one if I can get in, members get priority.

I'm looking forward to this new form of exercise ;) I'm currently unable to do much right now bc I habe 11 sutures in my armpit. I had complications following brachioplasty. But they will be removed in a week & the following day I get a fill. I was unfilled for surgery.

Appreciate the feed back!

Go to a few classes to get a feel for it, then check out cardio coach for ipod workouts which will have you mking the best use of your workout time, without slacking off, which is super eay to do on a bike. There are dvds called spinervals too which look as hardcore as a spin class. After a few years of doing classes i revkon i could devise one on my own but would find it hard to stick to withput the instructor, some sort of guide will really hlp you.

Go to a few classes to get a feel for it, then check out cardio coach for ipod workouts which will have you mking the best use of your workout time, without slacking off, which is super eay to do on a bike. There are dvds called spinervals too which look as hardcore as a spin class. After a few years of doing classes i revkon i could devise one on my own but would find it hard to stick to withput the instructor, some sort of guide will really hlp you.

Yea i agree with this .. u need to make the best of your time on the bike.

I have a normal exercise bike and a road bike and cycle around 25 miles a day which works for me .. its around 80 mins time wise .. ive not done any real spin cycling but interval cycling on any bike is a great work out too

So u had to have more sutures in your arms ? ouchie, i cant even see my arms till next weekend till the compression garments come off , the only thing i can see is the shape and i am impressed lol

I am thinking i will go back for a fill in 2 weeks maybe if i am still healing ok as i am absolutely starving and this heat wave we got here at the minute is driving me crazzzy for all those nice bbq treats .. i am still very swollen with Fluid but gradually its going but the scales dam those scales lol

There is a spin class video on YouTube you can use to get you started. It's I hour long but it's the cheapest way to go.

As a friend posted on my Facebook. Spin class is a hour long masochist hell but you burn calories.

I've burned as many as 1800 calories in a hour in a Spin Class.

I just dont get the calorie burn spinning claims. I have a membership that allows me to attend two venues. One has great bikes that dont have computers and a really good manual gearing system. At the other gym they have on board computers, but just generic you dont enter your personals into them. But at 66kg, id be around verage weight for. Woman. Im fit, i work hard, in moderately high gears, and i end up very sweaty, tired and sometimes even dizzy. Yet the bike has never recorded over 400 calories! Its gotta be inaccurate, surely?

Spinning is a huge success to my weight loss. Upon starting the class about three weeks, I discuss with my instructor my goal and the procedure so I could maximize my time. She has shown me how the position both the handle and seat to fit my body for comfort. I take spin class at least three times a week and burn roughly 1000 calories each time. If you take into account 3000 calories from spin a week that is great. Just make sure you use the resistance and get out of the saddle, this is were you burn calories. If you are stationary and doing the same thing for an hour then calories burned will be extremely low.