Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has The Band Actually Worked For You?

1. How long have you been banded? 2½ years

2. How much weight did want to lose? 100 lbs

3. How much weight have you lost? 84 lbs

4. How happy are you that you have been banded: 10

I was banded on 12/9/11. I have lost 77 pounds so far and feel amazing!. I am rating this band 10+. It has saved my life! I still want to lose 90 more to reach goal but feel I will get there before my bandiversary. It's a wonderful feeling too!

Been banded 5 months

Lost 94 pounds so far

I'd rate the band a 10+

I love my band and would recommend it to anyone willing to make the changes and do the work

94 pounds in 5 months! That is amazing! Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!

1. How long have you been banded?

I've been banded for about 3 weeks. It'll be a month on May 10th.

2. How much weight did want to lose?

I want to lose 75 to 100 pounds (depending on how I look and feel about myself).

3. How much weight have you lost?

I've lost about 30 as of now (including the pre-op diet).

4. How happy are you that you have been banded: scale of 1-10 (1 being regretful, 10 being elated)

I'm pretty happy with my band so far. Although I have yet to have a fill (my band is completely empty), I feel like it has helped me immensely with portions and even though it's a slow process, I'm motivated to keep going. I can't wait to work out when I get clearance and I have already seen some of those non scale victories mentioned previously. My face looks a tad thinner, it's easier and more comfortable to cross my legs, etc. As of now, I'd rate it a 10 and I'm not even using the "tool" to it's full potential yet. I can't wait to get my fill and exercise! Good luck and thanks for the questions!

Absolutely the band has worked for me. I was morbidly obese and headed toward a heart attack.

Banded for 2 1/2 years. (it will be 3 years on Sept. 3rd)

I wanted to lose 123 pounds and did that. Gain and lose 10 pounds at any time, but the number was NOT my main goal. I wanted to be a size 14. That's it. I wanted to shop in the "normal" womens department of a store. NOT the "plus" department. I met that goal. I am wearing a 14, sometimes 12. Most tops are large (I don't like them clingy) but I can wear a medium too. The other main reason was my health and blood pressue. My Daddy had his first heart attack at age 50 and died at 54. (I was 19) I did NOT want that for my kids. So, here I am losing a bunch of weight and I still have high blood pressue. BUT I know it is NOT caused by weight, it is genetic. I am on a very low dose blood pressure medicine and am good with that. I eat right and exercise so it's not "unhealthy" living with my BP.

How happy am I? Truthfully it depends on the day. I have good days and bad days still but all in all, this was the best decision for me and my lifestyle. I can play and keep up with my kids and I love to shop for clothes. Like someone else said, I should have done this sooner!

The hardest part is truly the emotional aspect of my love and addiction of food. Unfortunately, that does not seem to ever stop. It's how you approach things. I think I eat SO much but when measured, it's like 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food. Portions in restaurants now look obsene to me and I can't remember being able to eat it all. (but I did and them some)

As Mis73 said, you HAVE TO BE WILLING TO WORK FOR THIS. That's the great misunderstanding..people think the band will do all the work for you.

Good luck and stay positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent even had a fill since surgery and im doing great. I have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Im losing a pound a day and im not trying. I love the band

1. How long have you been banded? 3/28/12

2. How much weight did want to lose? 100 pounds

3. How much weight have you lost? 30 pounds

4. How happy are you that you have been banded: scale of 1-10 (1 being regretful, 10 being elated) 8

And this is with being banded only 2 months with no fill yet. I love how it has been controlling me when I may get off track. Great for me!!

Banded 11 months

Started at 205. Currently at 141.4.

Wanted to lose 75 pounds. Revised to 70 pounds

Have lost 63.6 pounds. 27 of that was pre-op.

Rating of 10. I love the way I look, the way I feel. But biggest difference is in the bloodwork. Triglyceride count from 399 to 133. Overall cholesterol normal. Hga1c is 5.0 from being a type 2 diabetic. Pretty awesome. Did I mention I'm hot now??

It seems like I'm reading an awful lot of posts about people who have not lost much' date=' or any, weight since being banded. It feels like there aren't as many success posts as I'd expect to see. I'm starting to doubt this thing will work. So I'm wondering, would you be willing to write a really simple reply to these questions...

1. How long have you been banded?

2. How much weight did want to lose?

3. How much weight have you lost?

4. How happy are you that you have been banded: scale of 1-10 (1 being regretful, 10 being elated)

Feel free to paste the questions and just add your answers - and the shorter the better on the answers. Maybe add details below, after your 4 quick answers.

Hopefully this will help many people, not just me.

*Just to clarify, I'm not just asking for success stories, but all types of stories so we can get a fuller perspective all in one post. I REALLY want replies from people who love the band and people who hate it, and everything in between. I love the success stories and totally empathize with those who are struggling. I'm looking for a TRUE picture from people with experience they are willing to share.[/quote']

(1). Since 9/24/10

(2). 100 lbs

(3). To date 130 lbs

(4). 10 very elated

I am very happy, wish I would have done it sooner. Didn't think I could do it. Now my family tells me I am too skinn.

It seems like I'm reading an awful lot of posts about people who have not lost much, or any, weight since being banded. It feels like there aren't as many success posts as I'd expect to see. I'm starting to doubt this thing will work.

Hopefully this will help many people, not just me.

Thanks for posting this topic, MomOf3in OC, and thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply! My surgery is scheduled for next week, and it's encouraging to read about individuals' experiences.