Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing Any Weight On Lapband Starting To Feel Discouraged

I don't know what is going on I was banded early April of this year. I exercise almost everyday I am mindful of the foods that I put in my mouth and I have not lost any weight. I am becoming very upset. I lost 15 pounds in ten days on my pre-op liquid diet and I have not lost anything since this surgery. I just want to know is anyone having or had this problem. I need advice as to what to do to see results. I have 6.5cc fill and the band holds 10 cc's.

That's weird. Are you focusing on getting your Proteins and Water in?? That's the only thing I can think if unless you have a thyroid problem or something.

I don't know what is going on I was banded early April of this year. I exercise almost everyday I am mindful of the foods that I put in my mouth and I have not lost any weight. I am becoming very upset. I lost 15 pounds in ten days on my pre-op liquid diet and I have not lost anything since this surgery. I just want to know is anyone having or had this problem. I need advice as to what to do to see results. I have 6.5cc fill and the band holds 10 cc's.

Are you weighing your Protein? My doctor says 3 ounces solid Protein per meal. I highly recommend a digital food scale. I am at restrictions and still measure my protein.

This is not uncommon. Much will depend on what you eat but the bottom line is this: Many if not most bandsters have surgery and lose a few lbs after surgery. 2 weeks after surgery you may enter bandster hell where you're hungrier than a May bear. It's all you can do to not gain weight during this stage of your journey. Usually 4-8 weeks out you will get a fill. This may or may not give you enough restriction to slow down your drive to eat lots of food you shouldn't be eating. By now many bandsters will have plateaued and are concerned they are doing something wrong. Maybe they are? For many of us the road to restriction and satiety can be 3-10 fills and 3-12 months and losing weight depends on how good a dieter you are?

I lost 12 lbs after surgery(I had no pre-surgery diet) and then plateaued for 3 months.

Remember, it's still a diet till there's restriction. And you said nothing about restriction or how much or what you are eating?

tmf

I wonder if you're body is still adjusting to the big weight loss during your pre-op diet.

What do your surgeon and nutritionist have to say about it?

Has your thyroid function been checked lately?

This is not common.. What are you eating? Are you exercising I was banded on March 21st this year and just had my second fill Thursday at 6.9 in 10cc are you too tight? I've only lost about 30 pounds but I lost a lot of inches maybe your body is in shock... Just make sure you are getting your Protein in. Best of luck to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I see similar posts all the time which gives me hope. I am similar to you. Banded 4/20 and lost 16 in preop and first week. After that as I feel great it's been either holding or down only .4 a week which is not motivational . I like you have been exercising everyday and tracking food. Getting my Protein in. My counting doesn't show me getting too many cal in but maybe I am somehow. I just hired a personal trainer too once a week and follow his exercise rec of interval training. Hoping will push be off center. I don't have fill until wed. Which hope may help as I can pretty much eat same as normal and really have to restrict myself. Good luck and we can make it work.

Do not get discouraged. I had my surgery almost 5 years ago and lost weight very slowly in the beginning. I have lost a total of 120 pounds. Take care.

Do not get discouraged. I had my surgery almost 5 years ago and lost weight very slowly in the beginning. I have lost a total of 120 pounds. Take care.

how much are you eating?? you may need to increase a bit the amount that you are eating. are you having about 1200 cals?? i know that everyone is different but it could well be that your body is in ''starvation mode" ? just a thought. Do you vary from day to day the amount of cals that you are eating? i find that its easier for me to lose weight if i do that.

One other thing to consider is the type of workout you are doing. I have been every size over the last 6 years, lost 100 pounds from gastric bypass, gained 70 back, was recently banded pre and post op ive already lost 25 pounds. I said that to say this at every weight the trainer at the gym told me to do weights first cardio second, ive learned that to lose the initial weight its best to do all cardio, incorporate strength training a lil later but 45 minutes of cardio plus 64 ounces of Water a day will definitely assist you in breaking your plateau

My surgeon's group is strict about carb intake- eating high Protein is obviously a must, but maybe you could try lower carb for a while and see if that jump starts you again. They also told me if the weight loss plateaus then I go back to pre-op diet too.

2 weeks after surgery you may enter bandster hell where you're hungrier than a May bear. It's all you can do to not gain weight during this stage of your journey.

Please tell me this gets better!!! I am 13 days post op and I do feel like a bear who just came out of hibernation for the winter. Only managed to lose 1 lb this week so far- I guess I should be happy.

I am down 72 pounds since 11/30/11. I was told to eat from a measuring cup starting the day of surgery. Never eat over 1 cup of food..and only 3 times a day. I do a greek yogurt for the am & pm Protein snack. My surgeon also says....no sugar....no/few carbs....50+ grams protein a day. Still eat from a cup, try really hard to get all my Water in. I watch my calories, staying around 1000 a day, not much exercise (waiting for a new knee). Do you have restriction? If not follow the 1 cup rule....if you eat less you will start to lose....each person is an individual...and our loss is individual to us. Hang in there...it will get better...DO NOT HESITATE TO GO BACK TO YOUR SURGEON EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT LOSING.....THAT IS WHY WE PAID THEM $$$$$$$$$. GOOD LUCK