Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Is Pre Op Dieting Over Memorial Day??

I am! Started today, 5 day liquids... Headed to the beach tomorrow, told my family that I will not go near Breakfast buffet and they have to go eat with out me... But honestly I think it's a better idea than sitting home avoiding the kitchen. Any tips on how to get through these 5 days??? What are you going to do?

i am on liquid diet for my june 6 day.............popsicles, crystal light peach tea, chix broth..........i am gonna be at the lake and will read and lay in sun and drink my tea.....and think each moment i am getting closer.......we cant be afraid of food. that is diet thinking............think healthy bama. U can and WILL do this........

I had to during Christmas holiday party season... my surgery was on 12/22/09. It was rough!!! My office had a party at Dave & Buster's. I asked my nutritionist if I could go and have the chicken Soup and she said no. So I didn't go until after I knew they were done eating. But all the carry-ins during those two weeks, and then Christmas dinners and New Years after surgery (cause I was still on liquids for 2 weeks after), whew it was hard!!!

So, I pretty much pouted my way through it, lol!

wow dizzy......i bow at your feet...........well done my friend. well done.

I started my liquid pre op diet on May 18th. My daughter graduated from high school that day and we had a big party for her at the beach. I just mingled at the party and asked everyone how things were and tried to stay busy. All last weekend we had to go to parties for her friends and I just told everyone I was dieting and turned down food.

I plan on doing the same thing to get through this weekend. Most people are not even going to notice that you are not eating. Just keep a drink in you hand, mingle with people and stay busy.

What a bummer! Mother's Day was 1 day before my surgery and I could only have Clear Liquids. I actually signed up for a 12 hr shift at work on that Sunday and I was glad I did. I would have been stir crazy at home. I also went to a Pampered Chef party while I was on shakes only and did not eat anything, which was very hard! Best advice I can give is keep busy and stay focused on the prize. Just think what you will look like next Memorial Day at the beach. This will be a distant memory and sooooo worth it!

I had to be on my pre-op diet over thanksgiving. that was hard. my advice is to go and do something really fun while your family is out eating. while my family was eating thanksgiving dinner i went and saw a movie i really wanted to see. i know i can't be around food and not eat. better safe than sorry. GOOD LUCK U CAN DO IT AND CONGRATS ON YOUR SURGERY

I start my pre-op diet tommorrow and we are going camping for the 3 day weekend. Luckily, I have to do South Beach Phase I so I can eat, just not everything everyone else is eating. I am also really glad my kiddos like veggies, so I may be eating a lean chicken breast while everyone else is eating sausages, etc... but we will all enjoy broccolli, green Beans and aspargus with some of our meals. Plus, I really like salad, so as long as I don't nibble, I am hoping it's not going to be a huge deal. The hardest thing will be after we put the kids to bed, we usually sit outside and enjoy adult beverages. I guess that will be on hold for quite a while.

I will be doing liquids only ... surgery is 5/30. And I am a big cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater on diets, so my plan is just to stay busy doing stuff around the house, running errands, cooking some homemade Soups for post-surgery/full liquid phase, etc. I thought I might try to get some sun (bad for me, I know, but better than eating, and as I've always said ... my fat looks better tan!) Oh, and eating lots of SF popsicles (allowed for me on this liquid phase).

Good luck to all of us this holiday weekend - we can do it, and it will be worth it!

Just started my pre op diet may 23. Two weeks prior to my surgery which is scheduled June 6th. Only allowed 1000 calories a day and required to get the 60-80 grams of Protein in so whey Protein Shakes throughout the day and a smart one for dinner.

Just trying to avoid placing myself in situatilons this weekend. Need to shrink that liver and want to follow this plan. Good luck everyone.

i am DREADING it. i made plans to see some movies with friends and other non-food related activities to keep my busy. it's gonna be rough.

I started my pre op diet may 22 not really looking forward to the cookouts but good luck!

me! But I always work the weekend of Memorial Day or Labor Day or any other holiday that is on Monday. So it will just be a regular day for me....

This is my first day... Bad headaches and feel blah.. Is that normal?

@bamasleever...That's exactly how I've been feeling. I started on Tuesday, 2 weeks before banding. I guess we may not be getting enough to eat/drink. I'm going to ramp it up tomorrow and make myself choke down the shakes. I did have progresso Tomato basil Soup today and it was delicious. I might have to throw some Protein Powder in to fill me up. Good luck! My band date is for June 5th. When is yours/