Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

Hey everyone. :)

I'm kinda just here. It's been one week since I started regular food, and all I can say is that I've been pretty naughty. I haven't reverted back to any old lifestyle choices (like fast food twice a day, every day), but man, it sure is hard to cut carbs down to only 30g a day. I'm still working on that.

I think my swelling is officially gone, because I don't have anymore restriction. I can pretty much eat regular portions now, but I still have to chew, chew, chew or I'll give myself a stomach ache, and that just plain sucks. If I take too big of a bite, I also have trouble breathing afterward. It's teaching me to eat slower and chew more, which is a big turnaround from all the inhaling of my food I did before, lol.

My first fill is schedule for July 19th. I can't wait to see how that goes.

Hey everyone!! Hope you all are feeling better, I was feeling great till about an hour ago. I am almost 4 weeks post op (banded on June 13) and I was packing a bag today, not lifting anything heavy but just moving around laying stuff on my bed to be organized in the bag and I started feeling sharp pains on my left side where one of my incisions is. It is a deep rooted pain and I got super scared, I'm scared to even move now. I don't understand how am i suppose to start excersising and feeling normal when I have this excruciating pain on my left side that literally stopped my in my tracks and I wasn't even doing anything!! I even went to a movie today, it was a comedy and I Had to watch how much I laughed 'cause it hurt if I laughed too hard. This is so aggravating, I just keep thinking omg my band came undone or it's slipping or something horrible. Why the random sharp pain? :'(

Hey everyone!! Hope you all are feeling better, I was feeling great till about an hour ago. I am almost 4 weeks post op (banded on June 13) and I was packing a bag today, not lifting anything heavy but just moving around laying stuff on my bed to be organized in the bag and I started feeling sharp pains on my left side where one of my incisions is. It is a deep rooted pain and I got super scared, I'm scared to even move now. I don't understand how am i suppose to start excersising and feeling normal when I have this excruciating pain on my left side that literally stopped my in my tracks and I wasn't even doing anything!! I even went to a movie today, it was a comedy and I Had to watch how much I laughed 'cause it hurt if I laughed too hard. This is so aggravating, I just keep thinking omg my band came undone or it's slipping or something horrible. Why the random sharp pain? :'(

Sounds similar to the pain I got a few days ago when it had been 9 days post-op. I ended up sending an email to my surgeon that night and in the early morning he responded back telling me to come in that morning (Fri) to check it out. I described it also as sharp, stinging sensation that came on suddenly and didn't subside too quickly. Turns out everything's fine and it's the "port" region (left side). He said it's part of the healing process. I was already scheduled to see him this coming week to get staples out, etc. but he is very accommodating and to come in which I did and in less than 2 minutes I felt reassured and not worried these last few days before seeing him again. That was 2 days ago while I'm still feeling twinges now and again that can be described as slightly bothersome, it's not like the sharp stinging pain that I got Thursday night. Long story short, you should probably call your surgeon's office. for peace of mind. Hope all works out for you!

hey everyone!? how is everyone doing?! anyone go for a fill yet? I ave my first fill on wednesday and very very nervous! Need some support!

I a a Juner too the 7th. Would love to buddy up with others. Stool haven't had a fill. Supposed to be Aug. 8.

hey everyone!? how is everyone doing?! anyone go for a fill yet? I ave my first fill on wednesday and very very nervous! Need some support!

I just scheduled my first fill for July 30. Hope your fill goes well.

Double post

June 3 years ago, st goal and doing well! Hope the best for all of you!

Hi All~

Been a a while since I have been on, so I thought I would come and update on my progress, if anyone cares, lol.

Had my surgery on June 15th. Surgery went well, and recovery was o.k. Pretty sore the first few days, and hated hen I was able to eat more things, I found myself eating to quickly and not chewing enough. All the things that I read on this board over and over again!!!! It is just hard to adjust in the beginning. After my stomach swelling went down, I found my appetite to be quite large. Perfect timing. Had my first fill this past Monday. Not gonna lie, I thought it sucked!!! It was very painful and uncomfortable. My port was/is quite deep, and there is already quite a bit of scar tissue around it. This made for a painful session of the doc lady roaming around inside of me looking for the port. Ouch! Anyhoo, all was better as soon as she was done. Now have 3 cc's in my band and I feel a bit more restricted. Had to go back to liquids for a couple of days, and now progressing back to mushy and soft.

So the weight loss part.......:)

Starting weight - 296

Pre-Op weight - 285

Current weight - 268

Moving right along. They are happy with my progresss, and I am technically "ahead" of my scheduled weight loss. Now to get my big booty to the gym!

Although I do not always post, I love watching everyones journey. This is a big decision, and this board is great for support:)

weight loss plateau :( i know I shouldn't be discouraged. Surgery was on June 18th. Since my Preop diet (june 4th) I am down 38 lbs...this past week I have not been able to get past that point. Maybe because I am on vacation this week and have been trying to watch what I eat when I'm out?? But I am hoping it will get better...just need some support!

weight loss plateau :( i know I shouldn't be discouraged. Surgery was on June 18th. Since my Preop diet (june 4th) I am down 38 lbs...this past week I have not been able to get past that point. Maybe because I am on vacation this week and have been trying to watch what I eat when I'm out?? But I am hoping it will get better...just need some support!

Hey Peyton21I too seem to be at a plateau right now. Since pre-op diet I'm down 33 lbs. But it's been like that now for 10 days. I walk at least 2 miles per day and know I'm not going over 1000 calories each day. However, I'm trying not to get too discouraged. I have been able to eat really soft foods and not just full liquids. Today is 4 wks since banding and I go back to dr.'s office in 2 days to see nurse and nutritionist. At that point I'm hoping to get more pointers. Since I am going on vacation out of state (flying) in 9 days, I'm not getting my first "fill" til I get back. So it'll be about 2 1/2 wks from now before first fill. I can live with that because I'm not really having any issues with food now as long as I eat and chew correct amounts. I'm assuming having my first adjustment will help me lose more weight and come off the plateau. While you may be discouraged now as I've been, I am at least maintaining the current weight loss and if I can still maintain this loss til after my trip, then I think having the "fill" will help break plateau. Hopefully this will be your case as well!

Thanks for the support! Its a life long process but I plan to make it work and try and think positively on all the progress made so far!!! Good job with your weight loss!!!

Hi everyone! 4 weeks for me and I have lost 13 lbs since surgery, but a total of 32 lbs since I started dieting. The weight loss has slowed down in the last few weeks.

Surgery went well. I haven't had a fill and think I need one. I am fighting the hunger on a daily basis. I am walking, trying for 6 days a week, but happy if I get in 5 days when I am traveling. I get tired and even though I know I will feel better after the walk, it's hard to get going.

I really had to remind myself to slow down and chew more. It's so hard to break old habits. I found myself swallowing before I realized I hadn't chewed my food enough. I am making good food choices, but still think about what I would like to eat. The best motivation right now is how my clothes are fitting. I practically have a new wardrobe of clothes I had outgrown and also clothes that aren't way to tight! It feels amazing. People have begun to notice my weight loss and i had had a few compliments I know I still have a long road, but reading this site is inspirational and really all of you motivate me to go for my goal.

Thank you

Hi All~

Been a a while since I have been on, so I thought I would come and update on my progress, if anyone cares, lol.

Had my surgery on June 15th. Surgery went well, and recovery was o.k. Pretty sore the first few days, and hated hen I was able to eat more things, I found myself eating to quickly and not chewing enough. All the things that I read on this board over and over again!!!! It is just hard to adjust in the beginning. After my stomach swelling went down, I found my appetite to be quite large. Perfect timing. Had my first fill this past Monday. Not gonna lie, I thought it sucked!!! It was very painful and uncomfortable. My port was/is quite deep, and there is already quite a bit of scar tissue around it. This made for a painful session of the doc lady roaming around inside of me looking for the port. Ouch! Anyhoo, all was better as soon as she was done. Now have 3 cc's in my band and I feel a bit more restricted. Had to go back to liquids for a couple of days, and now progressing back to mushy and soft.

So the weight loss part....... :)

Starting weight - 296

Pre-Op weight - 285

Current weight - 268

Moving right along. They are happy with my progresss, and I am technically "ahead" of my scheduled weight loss. Now to get my big booty to the gym!

Although I do not always post, I love watching everyones journey. This is a big decision, and this board is great for support:)

Congrats on your progress so far! I am a little nervous about getting my first "fill". It's been 1 month since surgery. I'm flying to FL to visit relatives next wk for 5 days so my first fill will be when I get back. I've noticed lately that I get really tired (like after eating Thanksgiving dinner, type tired) and can't yet tell if it's because I'm not eating or drinking enough or too quickly. Other than that I haven't had any real issues since starting soft foods. My port is very close to skin and still sore at times, so it'll be interesting to see how I do with a fill. Down 33 lbs since pre-op yippie!!

Hi all! :)

I had my surgery June 26 and my first fill (5cc's) on August 6. I'm down 27 pounds and I'm pretty happy about it! I got a little careless before my fill, as I had no restriction and could eat pretty much anything. I have some restriction now and I'm trying harder to stay strict with what I'm eating.

How are all you other June bandsters doing?