Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

Happy birthday USA. I am four weeks postop and glad to be healing. Want to shout out to all military serving overseas especially my son in Afghanistan.

I am on www.myfitnesspal.com and would love any Junesters that want to be a support for me. I promise to send some messages of encoragment

Not looking forward to first fill in 2weeks Hope everyone is staying cool today

well I am finally on the other side of all this. I am banded on june 29 in toronto. the surgical weight loss centre is great. they really know there stuff and very helpful too. I got to start my musies today and i was so happy this morning. I have been drinking three times a day and i still dont feel hungry. also they gave me a book to read and I think that everyone should read it if u have not yet. its called "The Lap-Band Solution" by Paul O'Brien MD.

I'm 4 days post-op today.

The gas pain...OH THE GAS PAIIIIIN!!!!! Can't desribe how awful it was when I woke up in the recovery room. It's gotten better' date=' and it is still the only heavy pain I've had.

Everytime I move too much, getting in/out of bed I do get that burning pain on the lower left side of my stomach, but it goes away quickly.

Good luck to all of you getting banded this week!!![/quote']

How are you feeling? Hope well.

I suppose my first goal would be to get down to 230 by September. I'm hoping that's reasonable enough.

Today I get to start mushy food. I have never, ever been so excited to start eating refried Beans in my entire life.

Also, I have never, EVER been so constipated in my entire life. :(

Try Miralax - it is finally working for me and I truly believe it to be a miracle lol

The shoulder pain is due to the trapped gas from surgery. I still don't know why it only travels up to the left shoulder' date=' but honestly, I never had too much of an issue with that. Just a slight aching, like I slept wrong the night before, for one or two days. People not being able to swallow after surgery happens for a number of reasons. I know there's a condition some patients have where the esophagus forgets how to swallow or something like that... (someone back me up here...)

I'd like to think I had a really smooth recovery period. I was banded on the 15th, so today is what, day 9 for me? I swear to you I'm at nearly 100%. My gas pain went away after two days, so I stopped my pain meds after two days. My appetite returned after 4 days (that's not necessarily a good thing since I'm starving all the time now). The rest of the week, I just had to deal with some soreness around my port area from standing up/sitting down. The worst part was getting out of bed because of the stinging sensation from bending my torso, but even that's gone away now. Honestly, I could have went back to work on Thursday and been totally fine.

I really do agree with all the other Bandsters out there who say that walking, walking, walking after surgery is the key to a speedy recovery. And Water. I had trouble getting all my Water down due to the swelling in my tummy making me full so fast, but that goes away too. :)

Now, on a different note, who here is comfortable talking about BMs? Because I had my first one today, and I thought I was going to die.[/quote']

I have to be honest...I was banded on the15th and I have yet to have a bm without a laxative...and that I try to do as little as possible.

Planning to call my Dr tomorrow, but I also had to start an anti biotic last Thurs and one of the side effects is Constipation.< /p>

I"ll be one week post op tomorrow and I am finally feeling GREAT! I think my state of mind is better than some because I've only weighed once and I'm down quite a bit more than I expected and don't know if I was up or down in between. I'm still on liquids for awhile and yesterday was REALLY hard for me emotionally - just not being able to eat so much I love. Anyone else going through that? I can't seem to believe how mental this is as much as physical too. Really surprising me. I am SO glad I did this though - pain and all. So glad.

I have to be honest...I was banded on the15th and I have yet to have a bm without a laxative...and that I try to do as little as possible.

Planning to call my Dr tomorrow, but I also had to start an anti biotic last Thurs and one of the side effects is Constipation.< /p>

I had only one and it was actually bloody which scared the poo (haha not) out of me but when I called dr. the reminded me to do laxative and life has been better since. Only used twice but I guess as long as it takes to get your body used to the way it eats/absorbs/etc. is ok? Best of luck to you.

Banded 6/6/12 officially down 20 lbs :) since date of surgery. :) how's everyone else doing?

Congratulations.

June 26 I had my surgery and so far things are great. I had two week liquid diet before surgery and lost 20lbs before surgery and I've lost 10lbs so far after my surgery. I'm pretty happy and surprised at my results.

Hi Junies!

So I am about halfway through my second post op week. I'm able to eat "mushies" now but I'm not that excited about it as I never really feel hungry anymore. I know there is still some swelling going on but I think the three week pre-op diet knocked the hungry right out of me....

Anyways, what is everyone else doing for excercise right now?

Hey friends! I was banded 6/8/12 - four weeks ago today, and I've lost 19 in total including my pre-op diet and 11 of those have been post surgery. Slow and steady! Can't wait to say I've lost my first 20. One thing I know is I'll NEVER EVER see those 19 pounds again in my entire life! WOW!

Congrats to everyone! You are all doing great too!

Hugs -

D

I'm still just walking and riding the bike. I can't wait to get back to my Power90. I still have weights restrictions for another week and a half.

I"ll be one week post op tomorrow and I am finally feeling GREAT! I think my state of mind is better than some because I've only weighed once and I'm down quite a bit more than I expected and don't know if I was up or down in between. I'm still on liquids for awhile and yesterday was REALLY hard for me emotionally - just not being able to eat so much I love. Anyone else going through that? I can't seem to believe how mental this is as much as physical too. Really surprising me. I am SO glad I did this though - pain and all. So glad.

What i am finding also very hard too is to watch my family eat all the same food that I ate and loved to eat too at meal times. but now that i am on mushies that has gone away alittle because now I just blend it up what they r eating and all is good. it may look different, but guess what it still tastes the same. yeah mushies. :rolleyes:

yeah i have finally figured out how to make the trackers work. I tired and tired but they have never worked until now. The program to make the trackers have also changed.

I don't get to start mushies for about two more weeks but tomorrow I can start puree -ing (is that a word?) some things so looking forward to the variety... and a little nervous ;)