Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

July 20th for me! So anxious and excited!!

Banded 6/25/12. I feel back to myself the last couple days. Walking, still on Protein Shakes, logging on my fitness pal etc. I've lost 8 lbs since surgery. I am hungry! We can do this June ...

Banded 6/6/12 officially down 20 lbs :) since date of surgery. :) how's everyone else doing?

Banded 6/6/12 officially down 20 lbs :) since date of surgery. :) how's everyone else doing?

Congrats!

I'm doing ok...not a huge loss this week, but loss none the less. Gotta get to the gym to walk, walk, walk...

Well hello junies!!!

All of us have made it through the gate, now to the race...

I was thrilled to get home from Toronto - I must say the 4 hour flight home squashed into a tiny seat with gas pain left a lot to be desired, but I was so anxious to get home to my baby I didn't care too much.

This morning I went for a nice long walk with the old dog and managed pretty well.

As of yesterday I've lost 31 pounds since the pre-op diet start, 5 of those since last Wednesday's surgery.

Question - Even though I sip my Water slowly I find it gives me some chest pain, is that normal for the week post-op?

Dear Thighhigh

I too get that feeling in my chest/diaphragm if I take too much at once. Hang in there. My surgery was 6/26 and today is the first day I felt pretty decent overall!

July 20th for me! So anxious and excited!!

Hi ZigZag, Thinking of you! Glad to see you join in! I was glad I started chatting before my surgery. Everyone here is here to encourage each other.

Hi ZigZag, Thinking of you! Glad to see you join in! I was glad I started chatting before my surgery. Everyone here is here to encourage each other.

Yeah I figured if this community was going to be one I would be sharing time, struggles, ideas, motivation, perceptions, and many other thoughts and emotions with, it would be a good idea to grab a head start.

Thus far, I'm really enjoying the positive and accepting attitude in here. Glad to have become part of this.

Day 4 post op and the worst one yet :( thought because I was feeling so good yesterday that today it would only be better (definitely not te case) Super nauseated today! Feel like crying!

Day 4 post op and the worst one yet :( thought because I was feeling so good yesterday that today it would only be better (definitely not te case) Super nauseated today! Feel like crying!

Yeah, Day 4 was my worst too. Thought day 3 was til day 4 hit. Good news is yesterday (day 5 was tolerable) and today day 6 has been the best! Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts your way. Check in again soon! :rolleyes:

PS Go ahead and cry, you've earned it! As I just posted day 4 was my worst too (left shoulder pain that caused nausea) I did finally lie down, cry, fall asleep and woke up feeling better. :blink:

Day 4 brought me to tears as well. I'm hanging in there just want to get through the recovery phase.

My tear day was day 3. I agree with everyone that we all have one of those days. Now that I'm on day 17, I feel fantastic, so it DEFINITELY gets better.

Sent from my Evo.

I was banded on 6.28.2012 I feel like crap, but I've lost 18 lbs

Happy pre 4th of July fellow USA Junies! Hope today finds all of you feeling spectacular and stronger every moment! I'm celebrating one week today since surgery and truly feel good this morning. Here in New England our summer's are short so we take advantage of beautiful days like today whenever we can. Went for a walk, had Breakfast on the back deck and played "Rummikub" with my husband, while basking in the sunshine. I feel blessed to have the support of my husband of more than 33 years, as well as all of you. I love US history which I teach as a 5th grade teacher. I love occasions that pull us all together such as celebrating our Nation's birthday! Also, a special "Hello" to our Canadian neighbors in the June Bandsters group, as well as others living across the Globe in our support group!

HappyBirthdayAmerica.gif