Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

Two more days for me - the rest of you, it's SO great to hear what you're experiencing, good and bad. Get well soon and keep up the good work!!!

I was banded yesterday snd the gas pain is awful. I am walking, taking gas x strips and everything but still have some pain. Although it is much better than yesterday.

Banded Tuesday and feeling really good overall. Little sore and tired but tylenol and naps are helping a lot!

Banded Tuesday and feeling really good overall. Little sore and tired but tylenol and naps are helping a lot!

Now that I'm back at work, I miss my naps.

sap1021,

You basically have all of the same symptoms I do. Little burps, full off of Water, lots of pain from coughing up phlegm. I don't even attempt to sleep on my side, though. I'm too scared. I sleep with my back propped up with some pillows, and lay on my back. I probably won't attempt to sleep on my side until the gas pain subsides.

Other than that, I tried to take my Nexium and gallbladder meds today, and had a hard time keeping them down. I emailed my doctor, and he told me to wait a week before taking them. I ate a sugar free popsicles today because my tummy was growling, then I felt sick afterward, like I overate. Seriously, my body needs to make up its mind already.

I took some GasX to see if it would relieve some of my pain, and it didn't. Nothing really changed, but I do feel like some of the pain has receded a little bit. I guess I'll just have to see how the dreaded Day 3 goes.

I was banded on 6/12, and had to sleep in a recliner for the first week, as lying on my back made me very nauseous. After the first week I could sleep lying down, but I've never been able to sleep long on my back, but was also scared of trying to sleep on my side. I bought myself a body pillow ysterday, and had the best sleep last night that I've had in a long time. It supports and cushions enough to be able to sleep on my side comfortably. :)

What kind of goals are everyone setting for themselves? My first goal is Onderland! It's not that far away now. I'm hoping to meet it by my first fill on August 1. When I get to 190 I have a reall cute outfit I haven't worn in 6 six years that I'd like to wear before summer is over as hopefully next year it'll be WAY too big!

What kind of goals are everyone setting for themselves? My first goal is Onderland! It's not that far away now. I'm hoping to meet it by my first fill on August 1. When I get to 190 I have a reall cute outfit I haven't worn in 6 six years that I'd like to wear before summer is over as hopefully next year it'll be WAY too big!

I suppose my first goal would be to get down to 230 by September. I'm hoping that's reasonable enough.

Today I get to start mushy food. I have never, ever been so excited to start eating refried Beans in my entire life.

Also, I have never, EVER been so constipated in my entire life. :(

I don't know if it's because it's the "dreaded" 3rd day or what, but I definitely felt worse today. Weak, very bloated, and now dizzy tonight. I'm taking anti gas meds but they do nothing to relieve bloating and rumbly in my tumbly as "Pooh" would say. Seems like a vicious circle, trying to have some liquids, but then feeling worse for having done so. I really don't have much pain, yes if I try to lay on stomach, it's uncomfortable or if I cough, but all in all incisions are manageable. How's everyone else doing recently banded? I am surprised to see I've gained a few pounds, which is weird since I'm barely eating anything. Also, if it's been a while since banding, how much longer will gas discomfort be??? :unsure:

My first goal is to reach 244 by the end of August. That was my lowest weight when I lost weight last summer. That was probably my lowest weight since getting out of high school.

I'm on day 3 also jdmart7. My gas is better today, but my port soreness is definitely worse. The abdominal binder that the hospital gave me really helps though.

I haven't been hungry at all until today and like you I've gained a couple pounds. Strange.

I'm just trying to get myself through this knowing that this is only a few days for a healthier life. We're getting there! :)

I got the OK to actually start real food instead of mushies. They recommended soft foods for a couple of days, though, so I can work my way up. I ate some salmon and steamed carrots today, and it was delicious. :D I made sure to chew everything really well, too.

I am definitely eating less than I did before surgery. I'm not sure if it's because of residual swelling, or I'm actually getting restriction from the placement of the band, but I could only eat about a quarter of my salmon and about four baby carrots. Yeah, four weeks ago, I would've ate the entire plate, and a dessert. No kidding.

My dietician also convinced me to join her team for a marathon in November. I'm kinda excited for it. I'm going to train for the walking/jogging team, so now I have a goal to reach. :)

Banded Thursday and in soo much pain. Didn't get home until about 9pm that day because I was so nauseous, luckily that has mostly subsided. But I am having a hard time making myself even drink all my fluids. By the time I take my pain meds I feel full. How much liquids were you getting down the first few days? Also how much walking did you do on days 1,2,3...I am trying to get up and take several strolls around the house when I am awake but honestly I have been asleep mostly around the clock.

Banded Thursday and in soo much pain. Didn't get home until about 9pm that day because I was so nauseous' date=' luckily that has mostly subsided. But I am having a hard time making myself even drink all my fluids. By the time I take my pain meds I feel full. How much liquids were you getting down the first few days? Also how much walking did you do on days 1,2,3...I am trying to get up and take several strolls around the house when I am awake but honestly I have been asleep mostly around the clock.[/quote']

The first two days I only for down about a half a bottle of Water and a few sips of chicken broth. I felt so full and bloated the whole time. I also slept most of the day and just strolled around the house in between naps. On day 3 I only took one nap. I had about 1/4 broth, 1/4 cup Protein, and 2 popsicles. I felt most alive that day. Today is my day 4 so we shall see how this one goes.

Today is my day four and I feel great! I might even go out for a little bit today. I feel I no longer need to take the Tylenol and Advil that I was on. I'm able to drink an 11oz Atkins Protein Shake no problem. It's so nice to feel full with such small meals. I had no gas pain or nausea at all and the pain is going away quickly. Overall it's been a great recovery!

I am starting to feel better, going to get out of the house today. Most of my gas pains are gone but this chest pain is killing me. It only feels a little better when I walk.