Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

I'm a June bandster too...June 6

Me Too how are you doing? Things are going well here started mushies yesterday!!

Well my fellow June Bandsters it has been 1 week today since my surgery. Feeling better every day and able to get more liquids in and even some cottage cheese.

HOWEVER; This morning I weighed myself and I had gain 2 pounds from yesterday. What the heck is that all about?

So I was down 20 pounds yesterday starting back to pre-op diet.

Any ideas?

Had my surgery this morning! It went really well, went for a walk around the block a few minutes ago. They found a hiatal hernia when they repaired too which is good. I hace 3 incisions, don't know how long they are though. My post op diet is just Water today, 5 days Clear Liquids,5 days full Fluid, 8 days of mushies.

My husband so so wonderful and supportive of me today which meant the world to me.

Time now to rest and watcha movie!

lauralou: I don't have a great explanation as to why you are gaining weight other than your body is adjusting to this new routine. Try not to get caught up in the early numbers. You'll start losing when you're on solids, most likely. I weighed myself this morning after surgery and I gained 10 pounds! All fluids, no doubt....but scary to see on the scale.< /p>

uiwleelee,

try some other thicker Soups, just drain out the solids, thats what i did with some hot and sour Soup, it was amazing-i think the corn starch helped with the feeling of fullness! btw how are you feeling, day 9 and im feeling 85% better thank God! just a little sore and a little gas but im starting to feel like my old self, minus the constant itchy feeling around my stitches! let me know how the Soups are working out!

I am back from the dead! (Actually, I was just had a lazy today yesterday, and super busy day today :D)

So, as for the soups, I bought some Tomato Soup. The fuller liquids help...but not really. My hunger has taken on a vicious cycle. I'll eat some soup/pudding/Jell-o, get full off of a little bit (half a can of Soup or 1 pudding cup/Jello-cup), and then two hours later, Armageddon is occurring in my stomach again and it's just grumbling to be fed. I hate this. I hate having to eat every two hours, and I hate that I can only eat soup. Pretty much, pudding and Jell-o don't go down well in my tummy ( and I have no idea why), chicken broth goes through me like Water, and if I ever have to see another SF popsicle again, I will kill someone with said popsicle.

I think I'm just frustrated. I've never been restricted on what I can and cannot eat. At least during the pre-op diet, I had the ability to sneak some chips in if I wanted. Now, if I did that, I could potentially harm myself and my band, which would be no bueno. Is anyone else as frustrated? Do any of you guys have the same crazy hunger cycle as me?

I wouldn't be too upset if I could start some mushies, because I know I'll stay fuller, longer. But I know if I ask my doc, he'll say no. *sigh*

My doc said the same thing. But I already cheated a couple of times. I couldn't take it anymore. I am Vitamin D and B12 deficient, I also have minor thalessemia, and I am not even on Vitamins till the 14th day. I get dizzy and tired, and I lay around like a useless rag, so I had to eat something. I ate some mushies. I don't think its a big deal, every doctor is different meaning ours are just more cautious, If you can follow your docs orders then thats great! If not then talk to him and explain you can not function without something what should you do? Maybe he will allow you some mashed potatoes, a tiny amount. This sucks. I know.

My doc has also said to drink something every hour. So maybe up your drinking to every hour and you wont feel as hungry. Drink less just drink more often?

Banded June 6th. On to puréed / mushies. Will not have a fill for another 3 weeks. Down 30 pounds. Just sticking to the plan even though I have little restriction. I want to heal fully and I want to work at this.

I find it helpful to always have something to drink and I eat probable 5 times a day of course small meals. Hard boiled egg whites have been great and I still rely on muscle milk or my Protein shake if needed. Need to get on the veggie kick but not sure I can do puréed veggies and recipes or suggestions would be great. I just want to get some in me for the Fiber and nutrition value. Good luck everyone.

I see a lot of people talking about what to have on hand after you get home from the hospital and that's incredibly helpful! There are several things I wouldn't have thought of. I was also wondering, for those of you who stayed overnight at the hospital, did you wear the hospital gown or did you bring something of your own? If you brought something, what did you bring? Also for everyone who's had surgery, what did you wear for your ride home? I'm trying to determine what I should bring with me.

I see a lot of people talking about what to have on hand after you get home from the hospital and that's incredibly helpful! There are several things I wouldn't have thought of. I was also wondering, for those of you who stayed overnight at the hospital, did you wear the hospital gown or did you bring something of your own? If you brought something, what did you bring? Also for everyone who's had surgery, what did you wear for your ride home? I'm trying to determine what I should bring with me.

I didn't stay overnight but I wore home very loose yoga pants and a baggy shirt. Today I'm wearing a loose sundress. Anything that's not tight in the tummy area that is comfortable should be good :) I'd also recommend bringing a pillow to put between your tummy and the seatbelt for the drive home. Hope that helps. Good luck!!

I see a lot of people talking about what to have on hand after you get home from the hospital and that's incredibly helpful! There are several things I wouldn't have thought of. I was also wondering' date=' for those of you who stayed overnight at the hospital, did you wear the hospital gown or did you bring something of your own? If you brought something, what did you bring? Also for everyone who's had surgery, what did you wear for your ride home? I'm trying to determine what I should bring with me.[/quote']

I wore lose fitting clothes there and put my lose fitting pants back on after surgery (they didn't hit the incisions). I also brought a change of clothes, chapstick, magazines (never got around to reading those) our binder that we received when we met with the dietitian and such (never used that either) and then my spirometer. I also brought a pillow for the ride home.

Hey June band-buddies! I was banded June 8 and returned to work June 13. Feeling GREAT! Down 7 lbs since surgery, 16 in all since my three day pre-op liquid diet. Out working in the yard today and had to take a break! Drinking lots of Water - It's going to be 101 here today and man it's HOT!!!!! We will all be too - congratulations to everyone getting banded this month! We did it!

D

I see a lot of people talking about what to have on hand after you get home from the hospital and that's incredibly helpful! There are several things I wouldn't have thought of. I was also wondering' date=' for those of you who stayed overnight at the hospital, did you wear the hospital gown or did you bring something of your own? If you brought something, what did you bring? Also for everyone who's had surgery, what did you wear for your ride home? I'm trying to determine what I should bring with me.[/quote']

I took pj's with me to the hospital. After I was settled and moving around well, they let me change. I had loose pj pants and a tank top. It felt so much better than being in that big ackward bariatric gown. Plus, I wore that home, with a loose fitting tee over the tank.

lauralou: I don't have a great explanation as to why you are gaining weight other than your body is adjusting to this new routine. Try not to get caught up in the early numbers. You'll start losing when you're on solids, most likely. I weighed myself this morning after surgery and I gained 10 pounds! All fluids, no doubt....but scary to see on the scale.< /p>

I hear ya! got on the scale tuesday (surgery was monday) and was freaking out with the 10lb weight gain...all Water and gas though! back down to where I was pre surgery

I took my own gown (about knee length, zippered with pockets--it works great to put heart monitor or other tubes in if disconnected while walking) and slippers to the hospital. After 2 c-sections and gall bladder surgery I knew they'd want me up walking ASAP and didn't want my back side hanging out. I wore a cheap sundress home. I'd definately suggest a pillow for the ride home, I forgot mine and it was an hour drive home, I started feeling really sick.

Now that I've been home for over 24 hours I'm feeling pretty good. I know people say for gas pains to use gas-x or heating pads but I find that for me ice packs work better.

Good luck for everyone scheduled this coming week!