Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

Banded on June 13' date=' so this is my 4th day and it doesnt feel much different then the 3rd day. Still having little burps throughout the day. Still feeling full after sipping a little bit of Water. I am especially worried because I can not sleep at all on my left side, I mean not even for a minute! I get a sharp pain whenever I try, I don't know why and its very concerning. I haven't seen anyone post anything about not being able to sleep on their left side so it worries me even more. It hurts like hell when I have to cough up phlem, that I try to supress it and just drink little sips of water to prevent the coughing. I am walking as much as possible, basically every 15-20 minutes I get up and walk around for a couple of minutes.

Anyone else having sleeping issues.[/quote']

I slept on my back for at least 6 days. I was too sore to even try my side. Your only four days out, it will get better! I am on day 9 and now sleeping on both sides all night.

I was wondering' date=' about how long does it take for the gas pain to go away? Those who were banded this month - when did you see some of that pain subside? I've been doing my walking every two hours and taking my pain meds, but jeez does it still hurt to sit down and get up. And I've been coughing up some phlegm every now and then, which hurts even more.[/quote']

Are you taking gas-x strips? I swore by those for the first six days. As far as coughing up phlegm, I would call your doctor. You don't want pneumonia. Are you taking deep breaths with the incentive spirometer? I did have mucous for a few days post op.

My surgery is tomorrow finally!! I'm really nervous and excited. I couldn't find gas x strips like everyone recommends. I found chewable gas x though, anyone know if these work well also?

My surgery is tomorrow finally!! I'm really nervous and excited. I couldn't find gas x strips like everyone recommends. I found chewable gas x though' date=' anyone know if these work well also?[/quote']

Found them at grocery store, but not in the drugstore chains? Now I have both for whenever my reschedule is. Sending ya positive energy for a smooth and speedy recovery.

Are you taking gas-x strips? I swore by those for the first six days. As far as coughing up phlegm, I would call your doctor. You don't want pneumonia. Are you taking deep breaths with the incentive spirometer? I did have mucous for a few days post op.

I don't have any GasX strips, but I did take a chewable GasX yesterday. Are they not the same?

I'll email my doctor about phlegm. It's only a tiny little bit each day. And I wasn't given an incentive spirometer.

I was wondering' date=' about how long does it take for the gas pain to go away? Those who were banded this month - when did you see some of that pain subside? I've been doing my walking every two hours and taking my pain meds, but jeez does it still hurt to sit down and get up. And I'v been coughing up some phlegm every now and then, which hurts even more.[/quote']

I had surgery Friday. Walk...walk...walk.. I have been walking every hour for 5 mins. Also used heating pad on my back and shoulder. That helped me with the pain. The worst for me was the night of surgery. Even when I got up at night I make myself walk.

I had surgery Friday. Walk...walk...walk.. I have been walking every hour for 5 mins. Also used heating pad on my back and shoulder. That helped me with the pain. The worst for me was the night of surgery. Even when I got up at night I make myself walk.

Also when walking I have been moving my arms around like I have little weights in my hands or like I am punching. That seems to realkt help also move the gas around faster.

Hi everyone. Surgery was the 13th, all went well, except I got sick from the anethesia (even though they gave me something). Was glad I spent the night in the hospital. Been dealing with nausea and shoulder pain and today finally feel like getting on my pc. The pain pills have helped and the GasX strips too.

Welcome to all the new bandsters and the bandsters to come. We do keep this forum busy! I love that we all share, it helps all of us.

Laura, Ill try moving my arms around more and see if that helps. They dont have GasX here in India, but I got some other stuff called Digene chewables, I heard they are good. Had one so far and it helped very little. I guess you are suppose to talk 2-3 a day. Lets see how these work! Either that or I am getting some GasX shipped here because this is getting ridiculoussss!

Band tomorrow...nervous but excited!!!

Hi everybody! I'm new here. This is my first post. I'm a June Bandster. My surgery was on 6/12. And glad I stumbled upon this site. I feel like I'm in good company. Just like all of you - I am really excited about the future and just taking it a day at a time post-op. Walking and Gas-X have been my bestfriends. But everyday I can feel myself getting a little stronger and a little less uncomfortable. :)

Band tomorrow...nervous but excited!!!

Good luck tomorrow keep us posted mine is 6/25

Day 1 of my 10 day liquid pre-op diet. Surgery is June 26th. It's not so much that I'm hungry as much as much as the fact that I already miss chewing! I am surely going to need support from as many of you as possible.

I will also be banded on the 25th and I already hate this liquid diet

Good luck to everyone going this next week, don't be frightened! I'm getting closer and I swear I will be as excited to have the band done as stop this liquid diet. All meals in life should never be sweet chocolate over and over. It is making me examine a lot of my feelings and thoughts around food. I spend a lot of time thinking about it and even a little time dreaming about it!

I have finally had to stop watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives though!

Love you all, and happy papa's day!

Good luck to everyone going this next week' date=' don't be frightened! I'm getting closer and I swear I will be as excited to have the band done as stop this liquid diet. All meals in life should never be sweet chocolate over and over. It is making me examine a lot of my feelings and thoughts around food. I spend a lot of time thinking about it and even a little time dreaming about it!

I have finally had to stop watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives though!

Love you all, and happy papa's day![/quote']

Haha... I think I will be turning off foodnetwork for a while.