Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

I was wondering, about how long does it take for the gas pain to go away? Those who were banded this month - when did you see some of that pain subside? I've been doing my walking every two hours and taking my pain meds, but jeez does it still hurt to sit down and get up. And I've been coughing up some phlegm every now and then, which hurts even more.

I was wondering' date=' about how long does it take for the gas pain to go away? Those who were banded this month - when did you see some of that pain subside? I've been doing my walking every two hours and taking my pain meds, but jeez does it still hurt to sit down and get up. And I've been coughing up some phlegm every now and then, which hurts even more.[/quote']

I hope you feel better soon and keep updating I'm having my surgery on June 25 it helps to read how every one else is doing

I just started mushies too I started w a little cottage cheese and seen how I did w that. Seemed to do fine. I've also tried a few low fat saltines and did fine with those. Just take it slow.

Day 1 of my 10 day liquid pre-op diet. Surgery is June 26th. It's not so much that I'm hungry as much as much as the fact that I already miss chewing! I am surely going to need support from as many of you as possible.

I was banded June 13. Still hurting pretty bad from the gas. Can't really get the Protein stuff down I feel so full. This truly is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Hang in there Kallets, you're on day 4 and I bet you'll be getting stronger and feeling better every day!

Having surgery June 20... Wondering why my doctor didn't put me on a pre-op liquid diet.... Good luck everyone... I'm so nervous

:blink: **Semi-gross warning** :unsure:

I hope no one is offended - but as the book says "everybody poops."

Day 11 of a 21 day liquid/salad pre-op. I feel like there are good days and bad days. I am having significant digestive upset (diarrea) even though I am using a fibre supplement and eating my daily allotment of veggies. I thought this would settle eventually but it is not.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am adding to my Water intake to try and ward off dehydration.

Thanks in advance,

Thank you Indyhandmade' date=' AlleyKat, Uiwleelee and ChattyMommy30 for your words of wisdom, support and encouragement after yesterday's fiasco! Big hugs to you :)[/quote']

Treehouse. Just finally got on and saw your post. I am so sorry. Definately should call Dr Mon morning. Hang in there.

Having surgery June 20... Wondering why my doctor didn't put me on a pre-op liquid diet.... Good luck everyone... I'm so nervous

My doc put me on south beach vs liquids. Did your doc give you any pre op diet instructions? If not you need to call first thing mon morning.

I am having surgery on June 27th and my doctor doesn't require any liquid pre-op diet so no worries... I think it just depends on the Doc.

Banded on June 13, so this is my 4th day and it doesnt feel much different then the 3rd day. Still having little burps throughout the day. Still feeling full after sipping a little bit of Water. I am especially worried because I can not sleep at all on my left side, I mean not even for a minute! I get a sharp pain whenever I try, I don't know why and its very concerning. I haven't seen anyone post anything about not being able to sleep on their left side so it worries me even more. It hurts like hell when I have to cough up phlem, that I try to supress it and just drink little sips of water to prevent the coughing. I am walking as much as possible, basically every 15-20 minutes I get up and walk around for a couple of minutes.

Anyone else having sleeping issues.

sap1021,

You basically have all of the same symptoms I do. Little burps, full off of Water, lots of pain from coughing up phlegm. I don't even attempt to sleep on my side, though. I'm too scared. I sleep with my back propped up with some pillows, and lay on my back. I probably won't attempt to sleep on my side until the gas pain subsides.

Other than that, I tried to take my Nexium and gallbladder meds today, and had a hard time keeping them down. I emailed my doctor, and he told me to wait a week before taking them. I ate a sugar free popsicles today because my tummy was growling, then I felt sick afterward, like I overate. Seriously, my body needs to make up its mind already.

I took some GasX to see if it would relieve some of my pain, and it didn't. Nothing really changed, but I do feel like some of the pain has receded a little bit. I guess I'll just have to see how the dreaded Day 3 goes.

Sorry for the repeat post.

uiwleelee, im sorry that your going through this like i am, but inside im happy to know that im not alone. the pain on my left side has really been tweeking me out and im hoping that it is just gas pain and that it subsides soon. Not being able to sleep on my left side is making my right side sore from putting all the pressure on that throughout the night. sleeping on my back is out of the question, I just can't breathe in that position, and I start to get chest pains. :( I hope this improves. Tomorrow will be my 5th day.