Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

I'm June 25th. Started my preop today. I am totally excited.

No, mine is excited! Lol!

I have told everyone! It's because I'm super excited, and because I feel like it will hold me more accountable.

Today is day 6th on my liquid diet. Just one more day to go. It is getting harder, but so far I have only had ONE frito and ONE elbow macaroni. On my second day of my diet, my boss took everyone to an Italian restaurant. I got a salad with a vineigrate on the side. Thank goodness I can have raw veggies! Then I got stir crazy the other night and we went to Lone Star. My husband had ribs and I had a dinner salad. (All their big salads had meat so my husband only ate half of his salad and gave the rest to me.) I didn't touch the bread, which is usually the first thing I grab. At this point I know I am here because I do not eat correctly and I am determined to change. I refuse to let my new lifestyle keep me at home. I just have to make healthy choices when eating out.

I want to thank each and every one of you. I read and read and read these forums. They are packed full of ideas and it is always good to know someone else is sharing your pain...lol

10 days to go!! I'm getting uber excited.

Today is my first day of pre-op. My Protein bar was gross so I threw it out. New flavour tomorrow! The Protein shake I had wasn't too bad. chicken for lunch and Halibut for dinner.

I clearly need to learn to eat to live not live to eat. It seems to be all I freaking think about...my next meal.

How is everyone who is post-op doing? I love to hear your stories!

Wow the more I read all of your posts, I am getting so ramped up for my surgery.

The only thing I could do without is the flights. Hopefully my last flights where I am ridiculously uncomfortable. :blink:

Lol your becoming a surgery pro. It's kind of sad I'm willing to have surgery to help me loose weight. I'm so tired of being so big that's whats pushing me through. I havnt told everyone about this just close friends and stuff not all of Facebook or anything. My husband is a little nervous since two women have left him after loosing massive ammounts of weight. Anyone else's spouse worried?? Don't get me wrong he is still super supportive.

My husband has definitely expressed his worries. His ex-wife had bariatric surgery prior to them meeting, but it was during their marriage that she dropped a lot of weight and I guess thought the grass was greener on the other side. He's been having bad dreams about me leaving him. I do and say what I can to show him that not only is this surgery for me, but because I want our FAMILY to have a better life, too.

I am scheduled for June 15th!

Me Too. Good luck to you.

I am scheduled for June 15. My weight today is 205 lbs.

How are you? Hope all is well. I am doing ok on my pre-op diet. My surgery is on Friday the 15th. I lost 10 lbs. my current weight is 205 lbs. I am so excited and scared to fail at the same time.

June 15th is my day too... I've had other major surgeries so why is this one making me feel nervous?

Well I am officially post op as of about one today. I hurt but its tolerable. I have finergrin and hydrocodine liquid I'm drinking Water and eating a popsicle now. I just had to get up and go per. I was worried but did great. If you have any questiins feel free to ask I'm a very open person.

Raroo, we are pretty close to the same pre-op weight (221 before starting pre-op diet). Good luck!

Ldjston - congrats. Glad to hear you are doing okay so far!

I just figured out how to use LBT on my Blackberry, now I'm going to be even more of an addict lol.

Hi everyone! My name is Christine and I am scheduled to have a lap-band put in on June 19th 2012. I just got done doing my pre-surgery work-up with my pcp (bloodwork, xrays etc) and they determined I have a mild UTI and put me on Bactrim today. I am so upset because I am afraid this will post-pone my surgery. I have absolutely no symptoms or fever. I was wondering if anyone knows if this will affect my surgery since it is still a week away and I will have been on the antibiotic for 7 days. Could you please reply to me ASAP. I am really stressing about this.