Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

I was wondering would bean Soup still be apart of the"full liquid" phase or blended stage? I'm allowed cream Soups amongst other things but was just wondering. I have this bean soup recipe from pinterest that I'm excited to try.

Thanks in advance :)

Lala

If you smoosh them in a blender aka puree into a thick liquid it would be OK and nutritious.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks! :)

I absolutely love bean soup!!! I can't wait till I can have some.

share your recipes I love bean Soups :)

I usually cook it for more than one person and I am not much for measuring. I use 1 can of fat free or low fat refrained Beans. You could also purée your own beans. Then I add 1 can of fat free chicken broth ( or bullion cube with water) and mix over the stove. I like a lot of pepper and some cumin for flavor. I will also sometimes put a small spoon of fat free sour cream or a small bit of shredded cheese in my bowl of Soup but it is just as good without.

I absolutely love bean soup!!! I can't wait till I can have some.

How long until you can have some?

Bean Soup would not have been on my list of approved foods for a liquid diet (at least not the beans)---I was on Clear Liquids for the first 2 weeks.So 5 days out might be pushing it. I would also consider the gas as well. If it were me, I would stick to the bean broth untill i was on purees.--just my 2 cents worth.

Here's the recipe from pinterest :)

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 medium-size red onions, chopped

1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped

1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped

4 garlic cloves, minced

4 teaspoons ground cumin

1 16-ounce package dried black Beans

1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles*

7 cups hot Water

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 teaspoons coarse Kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 cup plain nonfat yogurt

1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Preparation

Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and both bell peppers and sauté until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; stir 1 minute. Transfer mixture to 6-quart slow cooker. Add Beans and chipotles, then 7 cups hot Water. Cover and cook on high until beans are very tender, about 6 hours. Transfer 2 cups bean mixture to blender; puree until smooth. Return puree to remaining Soup in slow cooker. Stir in lime juice, salt, and pepper.

Ladle soup into bowls. Spoon dollop of yogurt into each bowl. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro and serve.

*Chipotle chiles canned in a spicy Tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets and many supermarkets.

Test-kitchen tip

Add richness to slow-cooker Soups by using a mixture of half broth and half water instead of only water.

Hungry for More? If you have a question about this recipe, contact our Test Kitchen at askba@bonappetit.com. To see more recipes like this one, check out our Soups, Stews and Chilis slideshow.

Nutritional Information

One serving contains the following:

Calories, 314

Total fat, 4 g

Saturated fat, 1 g

Cholesterol, 1 mg

Fiber, 18 g

Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2004/03/black_bean_soup_with_chipotle_chiles#ixzz1vSUkZ2Ud

Bean Soup would not have been on my list of approved foods for a liquid diet (at least not the beans)---I was on clear liquids for the first 2 weeks.So 5 days out might be pushing it. I would also consider the gas as well. If it were me' date=' I would stick to the bean broth untill i was on purees.--just my 2 cents worth.[/quote']

Appreciate it :)

I was thinking to save it for next week when I begin pureed stage. I only have to be on clear liquids for days 1-4 then add full liquids on days 5-7 and after that the blended/pureed. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of Soups I can make on my own to reduce the sodium. I've purchased creamed soups and thin them out.

I definitely don't wanna mess anything up

Lala

I usually cook it for more than one person and I am not much for measuring. I use 1 can of fat free or low fat refrained Beans. You could also purée your own beans. Then I add 1 can of fat free chicken broth ( or bullion cube with water) and mix over the stove. I like a lot of pepper and some cumin for flavor. I will also sometimes put a small spoon of fat free sour cream or a small bit of shredded cheese in my bowl of Soup but it is just as good without.

this sounds delicious. I have a recipe as well, i just made some up this morning.

i put a third of a pumpkin, chopped up, in vege stock with one onion. then i put a can of lentils and a can of chick peas in, plus a full jar of salsa. then i added some cream of chicken soup powder ... mixed it all up... cooked until the pumpkin is soft. then mash together. i put a little soy sauce in my finished soup. its so good and this one is very thick. its more of a stew than a soup. add vege stock or beef stock if you want to make it more watery. its made up about 8 serves. judy