Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

I finally got to meet my surgeon last week and he said I will have to do 3 weeks pre op diet. The instructions were that I would have 4-200 cal shakes a day for 3 weeks. Anyone have any good ideas on what to try. One thing he said was slimfast. I want to know what else can I do to mix up my diet for the 3 weeks. Thanks.

I've got to do 2 weeks of Protein Shakes (3 a day) pre-op. From what I've read on here, which is great info is Jay Robb Protein shakes are good, EAS is what my surgeon was pushing, Max Muscle shops, there are all kinds of drinks out there with high protein so you don't get hungry, just google them and i'm sure others will post on here too for you. Good luck.

Hello All,

I finally got to meet my surgeon last week and he said I will have to do 3 weeks pre op diet. The instructions were that I would have 4-200 cal shakes a day for 3 weeks. Anyone have any good ideas on what to try. One thing he said was slimfast. I want to know what else can I do to mix up my diet for the 3 weeks. Thanks.

One item of interest you learn reading this forum, is that it seems that every surgeon has a slight set of variations from others...I have never before read where a surgeon has recommended Slimfast...how many Protein grams does each shake contain?

It is essential that you meet your daily Protein goals, which hopefully you got what that number is for you from the dietitian. I was advised that I needed to only use Protein Shakes which had a minimum of 20 g of protein with each shake. Protein shakes should contain only 100% whey isolate protein.

You may have to try several different brands before you find some that you like; I began using the Wheybolic Extreme from GNC; 1.5 scoops has 30g of protein, and the cup of skim milk added another 7g of protein to every shake. I prefer the Cookies 'n cream and chocolate flavors, and still use them now to supplement my protein if I am not getting enough from my meals.

I use the GNC Total Lean shakes. They come in swiss chocolate, strawberry cream and vanilla bean. To me they taste like milk shakes. 170 calories 6 grams of carbs and 25 grams of Protein. I use the ready made shakes.

You are so right about every surgeon being different. I have to do 2 weeks of South Beach Diet Phase 1. I have been getting all psyched about the shakes and now I won't need them until afterwards.

I just got my pre-op diet.. 5 days of liquid diet includes 4-6 shakes per day, calorie free beverages as much as I want, 2 sugar free Popsicles per day, 1 cup of broth and up to 16oz caffeinated beverage... I thought that sounded tough... I don't know how I'd face 3 weeks, praying for ya! And my favorite shakes are premier from SAMs club... They are very good, I ordered Unjury and really like them too... Good luck

Yeah, 3 weeks WOW ! I use Gold Standard chocolate, sometimes I will put 1tsp of PB2 in there ( taste like Reese's pb cup!) or get vanilla flavored and you could add some flavoring extract-banana,strawberry, TONS of other flavors

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

I am using the Unjury shakes that some on here have recommended and my nurtrionist gave me a sample packet. I really like them. I ordered vanilla and chocolate. They taste like milkshakes to me too. I stick a few ice cubes in mine and sprinkle some cinamon for an added zip! My pre op liquids are for 10 days thank god! I am on day 4 today..

According to my surgeon, my pre open diet will be for 2 weeks and will consist of Optifast shakes, bars and Soups. 6 servings per day, approximately 1000 calories.

I am using the unjury shakes that some on here have recommended and my nurtrionist gave me a sample packet. I really like them. I ordered vanilla and chocolate. They taste like milkshakes to me too. I stick a few ice cubes in mine and sprinkle some cinamon for an added zip! My pre op liquids are for 10 days thank god! I am on day 4 today..

At my pre op class, I sampled the Unjury chicken broth. It was really good!

Unjury broth is good and premier protein- 30g of Protein and 1g of sugar. They are premade only 160calories