Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IM having lap band on Thursday and I am so depressed. Pre op diet Started out ok, day 5 I had the best mood ever, now today I am just crying about everything way over sensitive. I am realizing now more than ever how addicted I really am. I hope it gets better soon

Happiness is a choice.....push all those negatives out of your head and focus on all the reasons why you're on this journey! I've found that I've, (with God's help!) have broken the addiction of sugar and carbs. I don't crave them like I use to. After a few more days you should start seeing that too. You can do this! Pray, pray, pray....God takes away that temptation when we ask him to. Bless you and your journey Heather! Deb

Beautifully stated Ladybug !! :-) yes I'm realizing happiness is a choice.I know that this feels like a bad break up and well it is! But just as u got over an old spouse u will get over this food stuff with Gods help and the amazing support on this site ! :-)

Don't rely on something else, count on yourself and know that you can do this! Of course we all mourn our old lifestyles a bit (and yes sometimes I miss going to the Chinese buffet and just chowing down, but I know now it's not worth it, nor even possible!). As well, if you're currently on a fairly restrictive pre-op diet, you're probably not feeling yourself nor getting all the nutrients you need. So it may throw you out of whack for a bit. Just hang in there and know that you can do this! We've all been where you are!

Thanks y'all!! I really needed to hear that. This is so hard, It's like this morning my husband was ugly with me and all I wanted to do was eat some Cookies but I couldn't. I never realized how much I eat my emotions until its just not an option. It's all for the better of course I know that, but for some reason the thought of that distant better life and health just isn't helping in the now.

Thanks y'all!! I really needed to hear that. This is so hard' date=' It's like this morning my husband was ugly with me and all I wanted to do was eat some Cookies but I couldn't. I never realized how much I eat my emotions until its just not an option. It's all for the better of course I know that, but for some reason the thought of that distant better life and health just isn't helping in the now.[/quote']

You will get through this! Keep your chin up. Remember, your doing this for you. I never realized how much I ate my emotions either. Try and do something different and change the behavior. My new thing instead of eating is cleaning my house! Exercise helps also. Helps fight the head hunger.

weight.png

I am getting excited to start my 10 day re op diet. I must be odd to be so excited about starving! Its just that I feel I get closer to my surgery day and closer to fitting into that bathing suit without wearing a beach cover up! I am looking forward to a healthy, thin body so much! Thinks postive!

I am going through a lot of the same emotions as you. The first 5 days of liquids I felt completely depressed and empty inside. But now that I'm a day away from surgery I feel a little better knowing this is a new beginning for me! Remember this is the most diet restriction we will ever have, and it will only be uphill from here! In time we will be able to eat solid food again, just in a more controlled manner.

I have started to see a counselor to try and deal w/ my emotions. This may be helpful to you too. I also pray and really visualize, in detail, how I will look and feel as a thinner person.

No joke! I'm 11 days post op and really wanting some pizza! Lol. Im just about to start eating real food and it's scary bc I've gotten so used to liquids now! Haha! We will figure all this out together!! :)

Of course we will! We all know that it's for the better. We want to be healthy otherwise we wouldn't have done all the things we had to do pre op. it's just a matter of finding another way to deal with emotions!

Yes. And prepare yourself for post op emotions as well. You will be feeling what you feel now and also be in pain. I'm still in quite a bit of pain 11 days post op. I'm optimistic it will end soon!! I just keep my eyes on the prize!!! :)

Oh gosh Heathermarie, hang in there! You should be so proud of yourself for thinking through your emotions and cravings TO MAKE GOOD CHOICES!!! Good for you. After surgery you will not be able to "cheat" - your stomach and band simply won't let you! It will help put more distance between you and the sugars/caffiene you crave.

IM having lap band on Thursday and I am so depressed. Pre op diet Started out ok, day 5 I had the best mood ever, now today I am just crying about everything way over sensitive. I am realizing now more than ever how addicted I really am. I hope it gets better soon

Heathermarie, i know how you feel I have surgery on thursay too and today i have been sore of down too, we will make it girl just think positive and try not to read nothing that is negative at all.