Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories generally is everbody consuming daily?

I do not count calories...never have

oh okay

I'm 10 days post op. I've always counted calories, carbs and fast grams. I'm at a little under 500 a day. I don't really experience hunger unless I haven't eaten for over five hours.

I'm 10 days post op. I've always counted calories, carbs and fast grams. I'm at a little under 500 a day. I don't really experience hunger unless I haven't eaten for over five hours.

My surgeon has advised that not having enough calories daily will slow your weight loss.

Also, he advises us to never count the calories, only to measure the volume of your Protein and carbs for every meal.

Banded since 2009 i try to stay between 1000 and 1200 but on a bad day i go 700-800. I was told anything below 1200 your body is starving itself and you store fat instead of burning it.

I'm in the mushie stage and I'm getting in around 500-800 calories. I start solids on Monday and plan to get around 1000-1200.

How many calories generally is everbody consuming daily?

i vary. im supposed to just have 1000 according to my dietician... but its not enough. i vary between 900 - 1200 ... some days im about 1300. im not losing very quickly at all now... but my body shape is changing a lot. my slacks are looser now than before.. so something is going on. i have a fill next week. im so glad about that. im not sure whether to continue with the dietician or not. its costing me each visit as i cant claim.

About 40 days pay op doing 800-120 but today did 1500 but that's not the norm.

Ooops I'm about 30 days post op.typo :-/

I'm 12 months post-op and aim for 1400 calories per day. I use myfitnesspal.com which has calculated that this number will allow me to lose 1lb per week. Plus I do plenty of exercise and, in accordance with MFP, I mostly eat those exercise calories burned. I have lost 60kg, about 135lb, so it's working for me. But it will vary for everyone depending on your weight, height and activity level.

for the record, my surgeon has never said how many calories I should eat, and he has excused me from having to see a nutritionist\dietician because I am doing so well.

im just unsure of where to start i want to be able to lose a pound a week i started with myfitnesspal, but it says i need to eat 2500 calories!!

Smiling, unless you plan on running a 10K race every day or ride a bike 75 miles, 2500 calories will only make you fatter. It depends on how active you are, do you work, is your work physical or do you just sit at a desk? Most of us need about 1800-2200 calories a day to maintain our current weight. Your calorie intake should be below those figures. Lots of physical exercise can manipulate those numbers of course but if you're one who counts calories(I'm not) you should try to reduce your intake to under 1800 if you expect to lose.

Idealy for most of bandsters, not counting calories should be a goal.imo For me, counting calories only makes me think about food more. If we moderate our choices of foods to eat, and try to only consume foods that are recommended by our nutritionist, the band is a tool that will help us to not eat as much of those foods as we have in the past.

My nutritionist has helped me to choose the foods that seem to fill my band and keep me satiated longer. Most of these foods are lower in fat and more nutritious. Staying away from high fat and high simple carb foods is a must for me.

tmf

I also keep track of the volume I consume as it is necessary when inputting any food in my tracking app. it's all I can do to get the 500 calories as it is right now since I do feel like I'm still healing. I suspect once I move on to soft food or solid I won't have a problem increasing that. I was generally at 1200 prior to surgery so when they told me I would have to"start" only having 1200 that was kind of confusing but I didn't argue.

I'm in the mushie stage and I'm getting in around 500-800 calories. I start solids on Monday and plan to get around 1000-1200.

what does a day of foods consist of for you? I am kind of lost at what to add. I've been having pretty much the same thing all week.