Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!!! I am so excited that I found this site. As I feel this will give me the additional support that I need. I am 8 days post op and just started in the mushy foods stage yesterday. For Breakfast I ate scrambled eggs but could not get the entire serving down. Ate tuna for lunch with no problem, but dinner was a totally different story. I put some canned chicken, carrots, and string Beans in the crock pot since I figured it would help to soften the meal, but when I ate dinner, the chicken got stuck. Worse feeling ever now I am afraid to eat anything. Any suggestions of anything else I can eat that is high Protein with less sugar. After the episode last night, I went out and got some low fat yogurt and some cottage cheese with the fruit spread but they are high in sugar. What would be the amount of sugar we can take in daily. Just want to stay on track and not get stuck on eating slider foods.

I start that stage nxt week can't wait anything better than liquid...I also had my surgery on 4/25 since then I've lost 20lbs

I was also banded the 25th and I really wish I was on mushies right now lol the liquid is driving me crazy! But u might wanna take smaller bites and chew meat longer. Also go for the toddler like baby foods which that has veggies meat n starches soft enough to get down

I start that stage nxt week can't wait anything better than liquid...I also had my surgery on 4/25 since then I've lost 20lbs

Wow!!! 20!lbs. That's great weight loss for a week. I've only lost 7.5 lbs since my surgery date. Hoping to lose a lot after I get my first fill.

I was also banded the 25th and I really wish I was on mushies right now lol the liquid is driving me crazy! But u might wanna take smaller bites and chew meat longer. Also go for the toddler like baby foods which that has veggies meat n starches soft enough to get down

I mashed the meat and chewed forever and it still got stuck. I'm not a big meat eater so I may continue to get my Protein through the Protein shakes and unflavored Protein powder in my veggies, etc.

I'm not at the mushie stage yet, but before the band I was told chicken is something that can be hard to get down unless it's very moist, and even then it can be hard to get it down right. Before the band we ate it probably 3-4 X's a week, so i'm going to have to adjust. Maybe try the same dinner again, but instead of eating the chicken maybe have some Protein share along with the other things, just while getting used to it.

Good luck :-)

..protein shake....trying to get used to posting with my phone while my laptop us being serviced. ;-)

i ate a lot of fish and chili in this stage..good luck...i'm almost three months out and chicken breast is off my menu..so is pot roast...got stuck on both of those!!! not a fun experience:/ it's a learning process...

I also had mine the 25th and down 17 pounds... But my.doctor said 2 Weeks of liquids, but I would love some substance!

Hello everyone!!! I am so excited that I found this site. As I feel this will give me the additional support that I need. I am 8 days post op and just started in the mushy foods stage yesterday. For Breakfast I ate scrambled eggs but could not get the entire serving down. Ate tuna for lunch with no problem' date=' but dinner was a totally different story. I put some canned chicken, carrots, and string Beans in the crock pot since I figured it would help to soften the meal, but when I ate dinner, the chicken got stuck. Worse feeling ever now I am afraid to eat anything. Any suggestions of anything else I can eat that is high Protein with less sugar. After the episode last night, I went out and got some low fat yogurt and some cottage cheese with the fruit spread but they are high in sugar. What would be the amount of sugar we can take in daily. Just want to stay on track and not get stuck on eating slider foods.[/quote']

My doctor said 7 days clears, 7 days full liquids, 7 days yogurt + cottage cheese, 7 days canned chicken, THEN solids. My opinion is you are progressing too fast for YOUR body. I know you are following orders. At 8 days out I would stick to full liquids or soft mushies like ricotta cheese.

My doctor said 7 days clears' date=' 7 days full liquids, 7 days yogurt + cottage cheese, 7 days canned chicken, THEN solids. My opinion is you are progressing too fast for YOUR body. I know you are following orders. At 8 days out I would stick to full liquids or soft mushies like ricotta cheese.[/quote']

Thanks yes I was following the doctors and nutritionist orders but realize that I am not ready for meat and eggs. The tuna fish I had no problem with it was the chicken as I have read that most people with the band have an issue with chicken. My doctor gave me and order for Clear Liquids the day of surgery, full liquids for one week. Week 2 and 3 mushy diet, and 4 and 6 a soft diet and to add the regular diet at week 6. Since I know how my body is reacting I know to proceed with caution. P

I was banded on the 26th and have my post op appt tomorrow...I think I'm going to start Mushiestuff tomorrow . Can't wait!

Today is the first day since my sx that I felt hungry. Was full after drinking a Protein shake.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

i ate a lot of fish and chili in this stage..good luck...i'm almost three months out and chicken breast is off my menu..so is pot roast...got stuck on both of those!!! not a fun experience:/ it's a learning process...

I think I'll try the fish since I have a ton of Talapia in the freezer. How did you get the meat unstuck.

bent over multiple times until it came up...not pretty but necessary...

I cheated! I'm supposed to be on full liquids until next Tuesday, then start mushy foods, but today I could not resist my delicious beef Stew I made my boyfriend, so I had a piece of beef and potato, and it was worth it! I chewed really slowly, and so far (10 minutes) no problems :)