Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band With Gastric Plication

Had my surgery on May 29th, go in for my first fill 7/9, have lost 28lbs as of today, didn't have alot of problem after surgery. No over night stay went home the same day. Had some nause the first night noticed it happened when I would drink Water and then walk. Had the surgery on a Tuesday and was back taken care of my 3 year old by thursday. So far I feel great and have had no problems.

Yay! That's awesome KAH! They called to schedule mine today but I'll be at the beach (July 3) so I don't get my first one until 7-17... Can't wait!

Keep working it! Proud of you

Have fun at the beach!! ;)

Well guys, these past couple weeks have been kind of rough. I have had no motivation whatsoever. I've had some health issues going on in my family - Mom has had something similar to pneumonia for the last month, Dad has had lots of tests and may need surgery. Been spending a lot of time at their house, traveling to the doctor and hospital for testing and grabbing food on the go. I've gained a couple pounds, but I am the least of my worries right now. Although, I am a little worried that if the test results show something bad, that I just will let go of me altogether and focus on my father. Any suggestions, please? I am on a very precarious edge right now...

Whitney - your are doing awsome...keep up the good work and get back to work on that on-line class..no excuses ! haha

Melinda in Florida

LadyScorpio = I am so sorry about your parents. I know (from experience) how hard this is. You are doing fine. Hang in there and be as strong as possible (you have no choice). As for your weight. You have to take care of yourself too. You are no good to your parents, your family or yourself if you don't. Try to plan just a bit. If you have to grab fast food - eat the hamburger w/o the bread. Get the side order of apples or a fruit cup maybe even the yogurt. I know it is not perfect and not totally on "the plan" (my doctor is no carbs) but it is better than eating onion rings and a McDouble! Also, keep a bottle of Water with you at all times, that way you will get in your liquids. I am an emotional eater and nothing calms me like sweets and carbs - this is a rough time for you and you don't want to find comfort in food - I know that is easier said than done, but try..Stay on this site - you know we are all here for you and I will keep you and your parents in my prayers.

Melinda in Florida

Well guys' date=' these past couple weeks have been kind of rough. I have had no motivation whatsoever. I've had some health issues going on in my family - Mom has had something similar to pneumonia for the last month, Dad has had lots of tests and may need surgery. Been spending a lot of time at their house, traveling to the doctor and hospital for testing and grabbing food on the go. I've gained a couple pounds, but I am the least of my worries right now. Although, I am a little worried that if the test results show something bad, that I just will let go of me altogether and focus on my father. Any suggestions, please? I am on a very precarious edge right now...[/quote']

I'll be thinking about you. I have been there and it's horrible. Take care of yourself too.

I would love to reignite this forum & see how all of the banded plication people are doing. I just had mine done on Monday, and I'd love to hear how the previous posters are doing :)

I was banded with plication on 4/16' date=' I was sore for a couple days but by day 3 was much better. I didn't have too much pain. Hang in there, it will get better![/quote']

What is plication and how is it different from just the lap band