Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Members Being Banded In March 06

I Got banded yesterday in DC and am home today and feeling great. I have some gas pains but other then that the pain isn't bad so far. I will keep you all posted as i am healing. Good luck to the rest tof the March Bandsters.:clap2: :clap2:

I just want to give all of you encouragement. I was banded on March 3, 2005, and just had my baniversary. I havee lost 106lbs thus far, and am loving it. The jitter bugs are to be expected, but this has been the best thing that I have done for the rest of my life. It will be for you too. Good luck on your journey, and I hope all of you the best.

hi stocky...i was not in alot of pain when i woke up...just felt woozy. i had pain a few hours later but mostly from the gas.....you can feel it all the way into your shoulders! make sure you have plenty of chewable gas remedy on hand. the following morning i woke up with pain but not severe. don't worry! you are going to feel fine. i was banded on friday and back to work(desk duty)on monday. it has been a week now and i feel great except for that pesky gas bloated feeling which is getting better. hang in there!!!

KELLCAP / CARMEL DIVA

Thank you guys so much...I have had some anxiety about this. GEE it's less than 2 weeks now!!

Everytime someone shares their story I feel less and less anxiety about it. I think by next week I'll be ready to get it DONE!! I'm getting excited now :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi everyone,

I just got home from Monterrey, Mexico! Dr. Rumbaut is a genius! GENIUS! I had a great experience. I was banded on Tuesday the 7th, back to the hotel on Wednesday, went shopping in the city on Thursday and Friday, then got on a plane and now here I am at home, safe, sound, happy, and pain free. I only took two doses of pain meds once I got to the hotel after being released from the hospital. My port wound hurts occasionally - when I bend down too fast - and my naval wound hurts a bit when I'm in the shower. Also, my back hurts a bit between my shoulder blades because Dr. Rumbaut was able to stitch all the way around the band which isn't always the case. He says it hurts a bit more but the band is virtually slip-proof with the the back stitch. "Hurt" is actually too strong a word, pressure or mild discomfort is closer. All in all, I feel pretty great.

The San Jose Hospital in Monterrey was awesome. It was nicer than some of the hospitals I've seen in the States. As a Rumbaut patient you get a private room with a sofa and recliner, private bathroom with gorgeous tile-work walls and a roomy shower. The nurses check on you every hour or so during the night - alternating pain meds, antibiotics, Malox, and probably some other stuff I don't recall! After you're released from the hospital you go back to the Hampton Inn Hotel where a "goody" box is waiting for you full of Isopure, Crystal-Lite, Chamomile tea bags (good for reducing the bloat), boullion cubes and a big mug to make Soup, Gatorade, flavored Water, and a note from Dr. Rumbaut congratulating you on your bold choice for a better future. How great is that! Dr. Rumbaut's associate, Dr. Rodriguez, visits you in the hotel the day after your return there to check on you and give you your post-op report to take home to your primary care doc. I can't imagine a doctor in the States visiting you in your hotel to check on you.

The treatment I received from everyone in Monterrey - from Dr. Rumbaut and his staff all the way to the hotel staff and taxi drivers - has altered my perception of Mexico. I will definitely consider Mexico when it comes time for a Tummy Tuck or a breast lift.

Good luck to all you March bandsters - here's wishing you the same experience I had no matter where your surgery is performed!

Just wanted to wish all the March bandsters good luck!! I was banded in March 05 - its a great month to do it hehe :confused:

I am getting a little anxious. I will be banded on the 21st.

I have been on a high protien diet for the last 4 days and continue til surgery. I go pay the Doc on Monday and do the pre-op testing and pay Hospital on Wednesday! Happy and Scared at same time!!!:clap2: :phanvan

i was banded on the 6 of march and the 13 is my birthday so to all u that is banded on that date congrats that a great day good luck

Whoah! Almost missed out on this!

Hey guys, I'm getting banded on March 29. I start my Optifast on Tuesday... and I'm not looking forward to it. Glad to hear all of you who've been done already are doing good, and I'll be crossing my fingers for everyone coming up!

Mandi

I have 1 week to go! Where is everybody else? Time to countdown ladies and gents. :clap2: :clap2:

:humble: :gluck: :) :) :hititbanana:

Well I'm a week out today! Getting very bored with liquids, so I'll probably get creative tonite and get out the food processor. Other than the shoulder gas pains, no real problems! Good luck to all the upcoming bandsters, there really is nothing to worry about!

In fact, I'm on spring break and I'm ready to get back to school, I'm starting to get bored!

Good luck to all! :hat: Kristin