Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pace Of Weight Loss

Awesome!

Best of luck. Yes I remember pigging out like a beast the week before surgery... We went to Disney World and ate sooooo much fried food and sweets!

Enjoy it now, cause we are on our way to be skinny and healthier!!!

Jenny- did u tell people about ur surgery? I feel people hear that I'm thinking about lapband and they're quick to judge and tell me I don't need it or I should do it on my own. Just because I don't have 200lbs to lose doesn't mean the surgery isn't right for me!

Kah, the only people that know are my husband, parents, Inlaws, and 3 close friends.

Yes, when I mentioned it to them they all thought I was crazy. They knew I was serious so they all supported me afterwards.

Honestly, if we were to let ourselves continue on the wrong path, who's to say those 45-65 lbs don't turn into 100, 150, even 200???

That should make people understand;)

I have the small band 4cc (I was selfpay and had my surgery in Mexico) and so far I only needed to have two fills. The first one was 5 weeks post op and the second one was in November. There is days that I have good restriction and some days that I can eat more, but I think that goes for most bandsters. Usually my day consists of a Protein Shake (25grams) for Breakfast, chicken, or salmon with a salad for lunch, and usually another Protein shake for dinner or any left overs from lunch. And lots of Water. I'm down to the size that I was when I got married 16 years ago. :)

I had my band placed 12/22/11, and since surgery I have lost about 15 lbs. I did have some complications with my port flipping, which delayed getting my fills started.

I gained 10 lbs after surgery and when I was in 'bandster hell' where I could eat anything. I did not feel any restriction until my 3rd fill, and thats when I started losing. I have a 14cc band, and currently at 8.75 cc in it. I just got my 4th fill last week, and for whatever reason, I dont start to feel it for 2-3 weeks, so I'm hoping that it catches up with me soon and I can start to feel the restriction like I should. The weight loss is slow, but steady. That is what you want anyway. When you take it off slow, you have a higher liklihood of keeping it off.

This is the exact reason I did not tell many people that I was having it done. Most people's perception of WLS is that the weight comes off quickly (as with the gastric bypass), and people think the band is a failure if they dont see if coming off so fast. Personally, after much research, the band was the way I wanted to go. I could have opted for the bypass or the sleeve, but my personal choice was the band. I am ok with losing slowly because I realize that I didnt put it on in a month, it wont come off in a month. As long as I can maintain an average of 2 lbs per week lost, I will be perfectly happy with that

I had my band placed 12/22/11' date=' and since surgery I have lost about 15 lbs. I did have some complications with my port flipping, which delayed getting my fills started.

[/quote']

Why did the port flip?

No one really knows why a port flips. My dr told me this was a new design on ports and when we discoverd that mine had flipped, I was the 3rd on in a matter of days that had it flip. He believes it is a faulty design on that particular port. When I went for my fill a week ago, my port is now sitting sideways.....which I'm hoping doesnt mean that its trying to flip again!!!

i have 10.1 cc's in a 14cc band i can't anything in the morning but oatmeal.. i can't eat chicken breast anymore, i really have to be careful, with this 10.1 things get stuck frequently, when i last went to the Dr on 4/27 i was 173.4 we will see if this last fill is working (june 1st)