Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other Reno Bandsters....

Who've had problems? It's just nice to know that you're not alone sometimes! Please email or respond to this thread. I've written about my experience in detail at the website listed in my siggy. Hoping I'm not alone. Erin

Hello Reno bandsters,

I am currently awaiting insurance approval. Congradulations to all that have made it to banding, I am very excited and would like to hear more about your experiences if anyone would be kind enough to share them with me. I have lots of questions and some personal insite would be wonderful!

I had my band done in Mexico on 3/3/06. It was an easy procedure. Two days of minor pain. I took the week off to get adjusted to the ordeal and slept pretty much the entire week. It does take a lot out of you physically and mentally. I lost 15 pounds the first week and 3 so far this week. I ate real food (liver & onions and mashed potatoes) tonite for dinner without any problems. be patient and you will have a life again. With just the little bit I've lost my joints don't hurt anymore. I had hip replacement in July last year and I don't feel it at all anymore. I can stand longer than before and walk longer. Yea for minor miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who got banded in Mexico, who does your fills in Reno? I want to make sure there is someone before I pursue any further.

I Will Be Getting My First Fill Done At The Dr. In Mexico. There Is A Fill Center In Southern Ca. And I Hear That There's A Dr. In Las Vegas That Will Fill Also. I Don't Know What The Costs Are. Try Fillcentersusa.com For More Information.

I was banned on March 15th, the surgery was done here locally. I thought about Mexico but felt better staying in the country. Will you go to Mexico in 6 weeks to get your first fill. I payed a pretty penny it is amazing the difference in cost. :nervous

I was banded here in reno at Western Bartiatrics Institute . Thier number is in the phone book. we also have lap band support group meetings and clothes swaps here locally too. best of luck to you .

Hi all. I know this topic has been mentioned before, but thought maybe there was an update of some kind... Anyone know of a fill doc here in Vegas that is accepting Mexico Bandsters? Last I checked, there really wasn't anyone, but figured I'd ask again... Here's hoping... would make going to TJ unnecessary...

Hope everyone is doing great! :eek:

Did you ever find out Vegas Doctor? I would love to know so I do not have to go back to Mexico. Thanks in advance. Susan