Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sorry to hear this. But it won't stop you. Hang in there. You can do it. You can message me anytime. You know I'm going to subscribe to your YouTube channel. Here for ya. :)

THANKS!!! IMMA HANG IN THERE... ;)

I went to my 1st visit in August, I procrastinated... As of March 23rd I gained 4 lbs from then so not only did I have to lose 10-15 lbs add on the 4!

On April 9th I started getting "serious" after my insurance approved surgery. I drink a Protein shake 4 Breakfast and lunch with a grilled chicken salad 4 dinner (fat free dressing), I walk the treadmill for an hour, 4x per week. So in 2 weeks I lost 13lbs. IT'S SO HARD, BUT I WANT THIS SO BAD!

Lulu, very nice video. I wish I had the guts to put myself out there like that.

Best of luck on your journey

:)

@ RUNNING SCARE...THANKS!!! PLZ CONTINUE TO FOLLOW ME AS I GO ALONG THIS JOURNEY...LEAVE ME COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS AND THAT WAY WHAT U R FEELING CAN POSSIBLY BE BROUGHT UP BY ME...IN OTHER WORDS U CAN GET SUPPORT THRU ME SINCE U R SCARED TO PUT YOSELF OUT THERE LIKE THAT..BUT THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT AS I CONTINUE MY JOURNEY... :)

I went to my 1st visit in August, I procrastinated... As of March 23rd I gained 4 lbs from then so not only did I have to lose 10-15 lbs add on the 4!

On April 9th I started getting "serious" after my insurance approved surgery. I drink a Protein shake 4 Breakfast and lunch with a grilled chicken salad 4 dinner (fat free dressing), I walk the treadmill for an hour, 4x per week. So in 2 weeks I lost 13lbs. IT'S SO HARD, BUT I WANT THIS SO BAD!

OMG!!! U TOTALLY JUST INSPIRED ME...I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!! IT'S JUST THEY ARE ASKING FOR SO MUCH WEIGHT LOSS...I MEAN 20 LBS I WOULD FEEL BETTER ABOUT, BUT 60LBS...NOT SO MUCH, BUT I GOTTA DO WHAT I GOTTA DO...YA KNOW... :rolleyes: ...BUT PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH SEE HOW I AM PROGRESSIN, AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU'RE MAKIN IT...AGAIN YOU CAN WATCH MY JOURNEY ON YOUTUBE...BUT YEA, I'M IN IT TO WIN IT....LOL...I THINK... :P

I believe if you dropped 30, they would work with you.... The point of getting the Lapband is to ASSIST with weight loss because we lost control! YOU CAN DO IT!!! It's all about getting into the routine, and exercise.

I watched your video, I'm just like you... I can lose weight fast, it's keeping it off that's the problem! (FYI: In August I was 306, March 310. Weighed myself today 298.6) #winning

Special K Protein shakes are pretty good too!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Hi,

I typed LULULAPBAND into youtube and im not finding your video...is there a link somewhere i can use to get to it

Just saw that your surgery date is tomorrow and wanted to say Good Luck!! :)

I was at a BMI of 57 when I went to my consult. I was told I had to loose 35 pounds. I lost that weight but had to wait for surgery because I had a blood clot in the brain that had to be completely dissolved. Basically had a stroke at 39! So you can believe I was motivated. Before starting this journey I had already started watching my food intake and exercising and had lost about 60 pounds.

Does you doctor have a psychologist in his practice that handles eating disorders? If not find one. My sessions with one really helped me understand why I was overeating and what foods triggered me to overeat.

Some suggestions.

At 365 pounds I bought myself a fat lady swimdress, snorkel and waterproof MP3 player (look on Amazon) and joined the gym. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it! The snorkel makes it easier for you to swim for longer periods. Water aerobics are also great. You can ask the instructor for suggestions on how to make the exercises harder as you get more in shape. Exercise is a self fulfilling prophecy. When I started I literally could hardly do my grocery shopping because my knee pain was so bad. As you loose weight the easier it is to exercise, the easier the exercise the more weight you loose!

I was doing my own diet. It was 8 months from consult to surgery. Having read this site I would have a whey Isolate Protein shake for breakfast (with fruit) and then low fat/cal Protein based lunch and dinner. Some days I would do a shake for both breakfast and supper.

This is the time to develop a new relationship with food. I can't stress enough how important that is for you. The band will NEVER EVER stop you from eating cake or candy. Now is the time to start new food habits

I was 332 on consult day and 282 the day of surgery.

THANKS...THIS WAS VERY MOTIVATING...I'M ON THE RIGHT TRACK SO FAR WITH MY EATING HABITS...WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS... :) , AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!

You can do it, put your mind to it and know where you want to be! Good luck, I definitely will check out your utube videos too, good luck with your journey!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

THANKS!!!!

WHATS YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL NAME

IT IS LULULAPBAND..

HOW MUCH EXERCISING WERE YOU DOING WHEN U WERE ON THE liquid diet? ??

I'm embarrassed to say...none. the weight just fell off during liquids...plus I was still healing.

HOW MUCH EXERCISING WERE YOU DOING WHEN U WERE ON THE liquid diet???

I know for me, i only went to gym and did one 30 min workout with my trainer during my liquid diet week..wasnt laziness just busy. I lost 7 lbs..so my guess is to lose 10 or more you prob have to workout at least 3 times a week.

good luck

I had a one week liquid diet and lost 9.8 lb (or 9 point something, can't remember exactly). I had been going to the gym, but I did not exercise during that week.

Hey LuLu. I watched your video and I wish you the best on having your surgery. You seem very motivated and will do well losing weight. I'm here if you just need some encouragement or an ear to vent. Good luck on your journey

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I have two sisters. The oldest went with Gastric bypass (5yrs ago), my youngest sister went with lapband (2 yrs ago).. So I got to see first hand how both surgeries work. After seeing my oldest sister struggle with "dumping" and weekly visits to the dr for B12 and Iron shots, I was determined I would not do bypass.. When I finally got up the nerve to go to the seminar, I was convinced I wanted lapband. However, the PA I talked to told me that I would not lose enough weight in a year to be a success therefore, I needed to get the sleeve. My sister told me to check another Dr so I did. I went to a 2nd Dr who told me that I was too fat for the lapband and it would never work on anyone who has a BMI over 50..They refused to see me again until I got my BMI under 50.. I couldn't go to weigh-ins, or procede with anything..

Feeling discouraged, I went to what I told my husband was my last Dr.. If this Dr wouldn't do it then I would just have to be fat b/c I wasn't getting the other surgeries.. This Dr said heck yes it would work... Three months later, I had the surgery and here I am today feeling much better about everything.

My advice to you is IF this is what YOU really truely want to do, then find a Dr who will work with you. Do not let anyone tell you that it isn't possible or this isn't for you.