Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:angry: SO.....I WENT TO INITIAL ASSESSMENT APPT. TODAY, AND FOUND OUT INDEED MY BMI WAS TOO HIGH TO DO THE SURGERY RIGHT NOW...I HAVE TO LOSE ABOUT 45 LBS BEFORE THEY WILL EVEN CONSIDER ME FOR THE SURGERY...I HAVE TO BE HONEST WHEN I SAY THAT I AM A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED...I EXPECTED THEM TO SAY MAYBE LIKE 20 OR 25 LBS, BUT 45 IS A BIT MUCH...I KNOW THE WEIGHT WAS GOING TO HAVE TO COME OFF ANYWAY BUT IT PROLONGS MY PROCESS OF GETTING BANDED...BUT I'M NOT GOING TO JUST GIVE UP... ;) I AM GOING TO JUST HAVE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT, AND I PLAN ON SUCCEEDING...ANYHOO, I WILL BE POSTING A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE ABOUT MY JOURNEY AND PROCESS AS I GO ALONG...I'LL ACTUALLY BE POSTING THE FIRST ONE TONIGHT...I WANT PEOPLE TO GET A CHANCE TO KNOW ME, UNDERSTAND MY STRUGGLE, LEARN FROM MY STRUGGLE, AND HOPEFULLY THRU YOUTUBE I WILL GIVE AND GET SUPPORT...MY YOUTUBE NAME IS LULULAPBAND...AND I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL CHECK IT OUT...I DO WANT TO KNOW: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS SITUATION HAPPEN TO THEM??? IF SO, WHAT DID YOU DO??? WHAT WEIGHT LOSS METHODS WORKED FOR YOU??? ETC?? SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME PLZ!!! TAKE CARE GUYS.... :)

:angry: SO.....I WENT TO INITIAL ASSESSMENT APPT. TODAY' date=' AND FOUND OUT INDEED MY BMI WAS TOO HIGH TO DO THE SURGERY RIGHT NOW...I HAVE TO LOSE ABOUT 45 LBS BEFORE THEY WILL EVEN CONSIDER ME FOR THE SURGERY...I HAVE TO BE HONEST WHEN I SAY THAT I AM A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED...I EXPECTED THEM TO SAY MAYBE LIKE 20 OR 25 LBS, BUT 45 IS A BIT MUCH...I KNOW THE WEIGHT WAS GOING TO HAVE TO COME OFF ANYWAY BUT IT PROLONGS MY PROCESS OF GETTING BANDED...BUT I'M NOT GOING TO JUST GIVE UP... ;) I AM GOING TO JUST HAVE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT, AND I PLAN ON SUCCEEDING...ANYHOO, I WILL BE POSTING A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE ABOUT MY JOURNEY AND PROCESS AS I GO ALONG...I'LL ACTUALLY BE POSTING THE FIRST ONE TONIGHT...I WANT PEOPLE TO GET A CHANCE TO KNOW ME, UNDERSTAND MY STRUGGLE, LEARN FROM MY STRUGGLE, AND HOPEFULLY THRU YOUTUBE I WILL GIVE AND GET SUPPORT...MY YOUTUBE NAME IS LULULAPBAND...AND I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL CHECK IT OUT...I DO WANT TO KNOW: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS SITUATION HAPPEN TO THEM??? IF SO, WHAT DID YOU DO??? WHAT WEIGHT LOSS METHODS WORKED FOR YOU??? ETC?? SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME PLZ!!! TAKE CARE GUYS.... :)[/quote']

What is your bmi?

You can do it before you know it the weight will just start to fall off I can't wait to see your progress I too have a YouTube channel it will be nice to see where you start and where you finish good luck and remember the hardest step is the first one

What is your bmi?

You can do it before you know it the weight will just start to fall off I can't wait to see your progress I too have a YouTube channel it will be nice to see where you start and where you finish good luck and remember the hardest step is the first one

WHATS YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL NAME

Dont give up on this there is 2 solutions, find a doctor that might do it at your bmi or lose the weight. I started off at 68 bmi so i was even heavier than you .. i stuck to a 600 clorie a day diet that actually worked really well and i lost 36 lbs in 10 weeks before i was operated on .. it sounds like a daunting task but believe me it was easier than it seemed it would be. Whats the worst that can happen, u have to delay surgery till u lose what they want u to, many people here have to go on a supervised diet for 6 months pre-op for insurance requirements, so u wont be any different except u have a higher goal is all, when u start to climb a mountain like i had to i put my head down, focused on nothing but losing weight and it worked..

Good luck with the support from this forum i am sure u can do it :)

Dont give up on this there is 2 solutions, find a doctor that might do it at your bmi or lose the weight. I started off at 68 bmi so i was even heavier than you .. i stuck to a 600 clorie a day diet that actually worked really well and i lost 36 lbs in 10 weeks before i was operated on .. it sounds like a daunting task but believe me it was easier than it seemed it would be. Whats the worst that can happen, u have to delay surgery till u lose what they want u to, many people here have to go on a supervised diet for 6 months pre-op for insurance requirements, so u wont be any different except u have a higher goal is all, when u start to climb a mountain like i had to i put my head down, focused on nothing but losing weight and it worked..

Good luck with the support from this forum i am sure u can do it :)

THANKS CAZZY...AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RITE...I'VE PRETTY MUCH COME TO REALIZE THAT I JUST GOTTA DO WAT I GOTTA DO...SO IMMA GET IT DONE...BUT THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING WORDS...BY THE WAY I'LL BE DOCUMENTING MY JOURNEY ON YOUTUBE...I JUST UPLOADED MY FIRST VIDEO TONIGHT, WELL I'M DOING IT NOW...BUT YEAH CHECK ME OUT SOMETIMES, IT'LL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO KINDA KNOW THE REAL ME... :D

Awesome.. any help / support i can give just ask .. i know what u are facing cos i been there, seen it, done it and bought the teeshirt :)

Hi,

I typed LULULAPBAND into youtube and im not finding your video...is there a link somewhere i can use to get to it

You can do it, put your mind to it and know where you want to be! Good luck, I definitely will check out your utube videos too, good luck with your journey!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

I was at a BMI of 57 when I went to my consult. I was told I had to loose 35 pounds. I lost that weight but had to wait for surgery because I had a blood clot in the brain that had to be completely dissolved. Basically had a stroke at 39! So you can believe I was motivated. Before starting this journey I had already started watching my food intake and exercising and had lost about 60 pounds.

Does you doctor have a psychologist in his practice that handles eating disorders? If not find one. My sessions with one really helped me understand why I was overeating and what foods triggered me to overeat.

Some suggestions.

At 365 pounds I bought myself a fat lady swimdress, snorkel and waterproof MP3 player (look on Amazon) and joined the gym. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it! The snorkel makes it easier for you to swim for longer periods. Water aerobics are also great. You can ask the instructor for suggestions on how to make the exercises harder as you get more in shape. Exercise is a self fulfilling prophecy. When I started I literally could hardly do my grocery shopping because my knee pain was so bad. As you loose weight the easier it is to exercise, the easier the exercise the more weight you loose!

I was doing my own diet. It was 8 months from consult to surgery. Having read this site I would have a whey Isolate Protein shake for Breakfast (with fruit) and then low fat/cal Protein based lunch and dinner. Some days I would do a shake for both Breakfast and supper.

This is the time to develop a new relationship with food. I can't stress enough how important that is for you. The band will NEVER EVER stop you from eating cake or candy. Now is the time to start new food habits

I was 332 on consult day and 282 the day of surgery.

It's weird that they make some people lose weight before surgery because I had a bmi of 60 something. I weighed 373 when I went in for my initial consult....maybe it has something to do with how much fat you have around your stomach area?

WHATS YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL NAME

Dellaland I haven't been as accountable as I should maybe we can help each other out

I agree, you might want to find a doctor who will do the surgery despite the BMI. If you look at the ticker at the bottom of my post, you'll see my BMI was a whopping 72 when I had surgery. Even with the horribly high BMI, I had the surgery without a problem and wasn't required to lose weight before surgery.

Hang in there, it's worth it!

Hang in there, Lulu!! I am sorry that you didn't get the news you were hoping for, but you have the right attitude that will help you succeed. I was initally told I was going to have to get down to a 55 BMI before they would do the surgery; however, my surgeon decided I was okay to have surgery since I had already lost 65 lbs on my own. Before, I was put on a strict diet by them when they wanted me to lose weight, and it consisted of a Protein Shake in the morning, a snack 100 calories or less, a Protein shake for lunch, a dinner that couldn't go over 350 calories and 25 carbs, and a snack in the evening at 200 calories or less. I actually found a wonderful protein meal supplement powder called nectar. They have many different flavors, and they are the best I have tasted. I now also use light regular flavored soy milk in my Protein Shakes. If you decide to use the surgeon that you are using, see if there is some type of diet/eating guideline you can follow to help you lose your weight. Keep it up, and reach out if you ever need to vent, need advice, etc :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!