Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleep Test Tomorrow Night----Can I Fail This Test?

I have a sleep test scheduled tomorrow at 845.

(more nervous than I need to be I expect)

upset I have to remove my right index fingernail (my acyrlic one at that)...

can someone fail a test like this?

Whether you can fail it depends on why you're having it. If you need to prove co-morbidities to qualify for surgery, and sleep apnea is the only possible co-morbidity you might have, I guess you'd fail the test if it showed that you don't have apnea or any other sleep disorder.

Other than that....? You might fail if you refused to remove the acrylic from that finger, or freaked out and had to be disconnected from the monitoring equipment....but otherwise, it's a hard test to "fail" because all you have to do is lie there for 6-8 hours. I've heard people say that they didn't sleep at all during their sleep study, but apparently the monitor showed that they did sleep in some fashion.

wont get freaked out by moniter stuff (more embarrassed if I eat Beans during the day if you get my meaning). fail because I dont remove my nail. YEP, I am gonna remove it but it will hurt like heck to do so. (its ok because this sat is my appt to get them done). falling into order i guess. Thanks Jean. :rolleyes: YOU ARE the bestest.

I went for a sleep apnea test this past december. I found out I have SEVERE sleep apnea. DING my lapband will be covered by insurance. I'd rather not have sleep apnea, but losing 100lbs will probably get rid of my need for the machine. Good Luck!

YOu want to fail it, you want to have sleep apnea so your insurance will pay...

wont get freaked out by moniter stuff (more embarrassed if I eat Beans during the day if you get my meaning). fail because I dont remove my nail. YEP, I am gonna remove it but it will hurt like heck to do so. (its ok because this sat is my appt to get them done). falling into order i guess. Thanks Jean. :rolleyes: YOU ARE the bestest.

Aw, c'mon. Taking that nail off won't hurt that much. At least they didn't make you take the acrylic off all 10 nails. And just think of all the benefits you'll gain when this sleep test pushes you that much closer to weight loss surgery!

Edited to add: don't eat Beans the day before. During my sleep study, there was a microphone on the head of the bed so they could hear me snore, fart, and ask to go to the toilet.

.......the only thing (I guess) its not TOM for me.........at least that is one bright side..........good bye green finger nail.........

I just had a sleep test last week. It was no big deal. You just lay there and try not and get tangled. If you have sleep apnea they will come in in the middle of the night and hook you up to a Cpap. Im still waiting for my results but I didn't get he Cpap so I dot have apnea so not sure what is wrong with me. I didn't do the test bc of the Lapband. I did it bc I have had sleep problems all my life. Some insurance companies don't need a co morbidity. With bcbs il if you have a bmi above 40 that's enough to get approved.

I just had a sleep test last week. It was no big deal. You just lay there and try not and get tangled. If you have sleep apnea they will come in in the middle of the night and hook you up to a Cpap. Im still waiting for my results but I didn't get he Cpap so I dot have apnea so not sure what is wrong with me. I didn't do the test bc of the Lapband. I did it bc I have had sleep problems all my life. Some insurance companies don't need a co morbidity. With bcbs il if you have a bmi above 40 that's enough to get approved.

Try not to get tangled! LOL! I hear ya!

Just want to say that sleep apnea is only one of a variety of sleep disorders. Some are treated with a CPAP, some are treated with a BiPAP, and some aren't treated with a machine at all. I hope you find out what your sleep problem is and get it treated soon, because even if a sleep disorder isn't required for WLS qualification, poor sleep has been proven to contribute to obesity.

.......the only thing (I guess) its not TOM for me.........at least that is one bright side..........good bye green finger nail.........

GREEN? It's green?

But who am I to judge? My nails are medium grey with white tips right now!

Try not to stress over it. I don't think this test will make or break your approval, because they are looking at overall health. I did not have sleep apnea or any comorbodities, and was still approved.

It made or broke my chances....my bmi is under 40

I have to get my diviated Septum corrected and my palette widened because of sleep apnea. Yay for another surgery! My husband had the same surgery a year ago and recovery was terrible so I can't tell u how excited I am about it all...

I got my deviated septum fixed, uvula removed, palate tissue removwd and turbinites trimmed back in december...helps some.

well.....I have been approved for surgery by my insurance but last week my lap band clinic said (kinda out of the blue) that (l needed to have this sleep test) and this is why I am doing it.......once this is done, I hope I can get them to schedule my surgery in May....seems the closer I get to getting this done, this clinic keeps making bumps in my path...

green nails (very pretty). so I will cut them all short (so when I remove my right index finger today) they wont look so .....dumb

but I am a mature adult woman who is now a grandma.

I will NOT cry.

**smiling**