Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 1 Post Op.

Wow, week one is now done. In this week I feel as if I have climbed a mountain. I have gone from excitement to fear, fear to banding, banding to my new way of life. In one week I have managed to go from walking a few steps to walking now up to one mile (today). This first mile kicked my butt, but I did it. Tummy doesn't hurt at all, just tugs a bit but gas is fighting its way out of my shoulders and escaping quite easily from every other exit. I still have no appetite even though food smells good, the thought of eating it just isn't there yet. I am struggling to get in my Soup and shakes, one because I am not hungry and two, when I do try and sip them it is just uncomfortable. It seems to take me forever to get down 4 tsps of liquid. Water doesn't seem to be such an issue but I find myself trying to chew that as well. Bring on week 2……my goal for this week is to continue to obey the rules and do my mile walk in a little less time. Also I have lost 10 pounds. How is everyone else doing?

Yeah! I am done with my first week too! Boy it was tough! Never experienced anything like it. I had some issues with a fever each night...hoping that is behind me and I had a tough time finding a Protein Shake that finally agreed with me. Thankfully thru thus forum I found out about GNC Lean Shakes! Thanks Lisa from New York City! It was my turning point. Now when I swallow or drink I often have chest pain. I am looking forward to getting thru the next week. I am down 10 pounds so that great! Good luck!

Great job ladies, keep it up! Before you know it, you wont be thinking about your band every minute of every day...it will become second nature, just less hungry :)

I dont get it...I am 5 days post op and still starving!!!! I eat ice pops, Jello and chicken broth!! I also have no energy!! Before the surgery I was jogging and walking every night! HELPPPPP!

ntassiello- Hang in there you are still at the starting gate. everyone is a little different when it comes to healing time. It took me a good 10 days to even think about exercising and another 4 days before I actually did--haha

As for your hungar....congradulations!! that means you are healing nicely.....You probably haven't had as much swelling as others and aren't experiencing any restriction at all. therefore the liquids are holding you very long....I was much the same way.

I would suggest that even though you can probably drink a Protein drink like you did before surgery, I would still work on nursing it for as long as you can. It seemed to help my hunger pains. I know its hard but hang in there, You will make it....just listen to your doctor and don't break the rules.

Surgury 4/18/ lost 12 pds. first week. Now am on normal food. Can't believe the small amount of food I eat befor I'm full. Did get sick yesterday when I put a hot bite in my mouth. I naturally chewed it a couple of times and then swallowed took a big drink my mouth burned. I will never do that again. It stuck and made me sick. Will spit in napkin if it happens again.

I'm eating mostly Protein. Did eat two bites of tender asparagus tops and three bites mashed potatoes with my 1/2 pork chop tonight.

I can't believe how little I eat and am full. Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

Surgury 4/18/ lost 12 pds. first week. Now am on normal food. Can't believe the small amount of food I eat befor I'm full. Did get sick yesterday when I put a hot bite in my mouth. I naturally chewed it a couple of times and then swallowed took a big drink my mouth burned. I will never do that again. It stuck and made me sick. Will spit in napkin if it happens again.

I'm eating mostly Protein. Did eat two bites of tender asparagus tops and three bites mashed potatoes with my 1/2 pork chop tonight.

I can't believe how little I eat and am full. Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

After surgery, I was on liquids for 1 week, then puree for 2 weeks, then soft foods until week 5...i would be very careful with eating porkchops 1 week after surgery, you should eat soft foods until you heal, so your band heals in the right spot...thats wht my dr said anyway