Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand New To Forum, Awaiting A Date!

hi

I may have posted in another area first, oops! I am new to this lap band stuff. I have my nutritionist appt. this Thurs., then the appt .with the psych, dr. and then see the surgeon and hopefully gt my date for surgery. I am nervous, excited and anxious...

figure the more I read about all of this Lap Band stuff the less nervous I will be? I need words of encouragement, I hope I can do this! I want it badly. Can't wait to buy little clothes!

Welcome. This site is great. Lots of information on here. Soak it up.

I just found your mango Salsa recipe, sounds delish and so do thos scallops! You have no problem with your band eating either?

Nope. Scallops are one of my favorites because it is very band friendly for me. Shrimp is not so much. Everyone is different.

Oh that mango salsa recipe was excellent, Except next time I am reducing the purple onion by half. Too much.

Congrats on making the descision to change your life. I'm at about the same point as you. I have one more appointment this Thursday and then I'll get my surgery date. I'm hoping to be banded in may. Good luck on you journey!

Check out my blog, link is in my signature.

Hi Colleen,

I read your blog, I hope you get a surgery date for May. You sound as impatient as me lol! Once I set my mind to something I want it now! As far as I know after my psych appt. I get to see the surgeon and he makes the surgery date for me right then and there. I am so hoping for a May date. I see the nutritionist this Thurs. then the psych. the following Tues. Is this wishful thinking that I will get this done in May?

How do I get one of those weight loss ticker thingys?

It just depends on how far out your surgeon is scheduling. One dr in the practice is already scheduling June. :wacko: Hopefully you will get a close date.

to make the ticker for here: www.tickerfactory.com

I just decided to get the surgery, as well. I am really nervous about what it will be like to swallow things. I have a little bit of an anxiety thing :P. It looks like my surgery day is going to be on May 25th.

Anyone know why my ticker doesn't show up?? :huh: